Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

50 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well it's a fake scenario that never happened so I can't help you with your fantasy world so guess we should.just drop the whole.conversation. 

Never said they were on the same level just giving examples on how your dream might not happen based on actual things that happened there  is just no proof that your dream would happen the way you see it so no point in talking about it. 

Cool bro. 

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Can probably unpin all the QBs with the Flacco signing.

Maybe. Very likely yes. But who knows. They may draft a QB at #6 (or move up) and then either look to trade Hurts or have him start the year and hope he shows enough to get a decent trade?

8 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Can probably unpin all the QBs with the Flacco signing.

Not necessarily. QB #6 is not ruled out. The eagles really just wanted a veteran in the QB room. 

I prefer an offensive weapon or lineman but the Eagles should consider Fields should he fall to #6 and if they don’t believe in Hurts

21 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Not necessarily. QB #6 is not ruled out. The eagles really just wanted a veteran in the QB room. 

I prefer an offensive weapon or lineman but the Eagles should consider Fields should he fall to #6 and if they don’t believe in Hurts

How do they not believe in Hurts already? If he has a healthy oline, somewhat of an off-season and sucks it up. Then I understand. I would be absolutely stunned, if we took a QB at #6.

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

How do they not believe in Hurts already? If he has a healthy oline, somewhat of an off-season and sucks it up. Then I understand. I would be absolutely stunned, if we took a QB at #6.

I wouldn't.

The team has to answer this question "Do we have a franchise QB?" If the answer is yes, move forward with Hurts 100%. If the answer is "No" draft a QB. If the answer is "We don't know" then that is really a no.

Since the Eagles answer is idk, that means they have to at least consider it. Again, I just want to say I prefer we draft Sewell/Chase/Smith/Pitts at #6 but I would not be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

F Ohio State... but I do love Fields’ talent. I said months ago that I believe he will end up being the most successful QB in this class. Nobody is going to agree with me, but I like his potential better than Lawrence. 

Even though I like Hurts and think he COULD develop, I’d be thrilled if Fields somehow fell to 12th and the Eagles took him. 

On 4/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, nipples said:

F Ohio State... but I do love Fields’ talent. I said months ago that I believe he will end up being the most successful QB in this class. Nobody is going to agree with me, but I like his potential better than Lawrence. 

Even though I like Hurts and think he COULD develop, I’d be thrilled if Fields somehow fell to 12th and the Eagles took him. 

I think someone trades up to Atlanta and we get 4 straight QBs to open the draft. The odds one isn’t Fields is astronomically low. He’d have to get passed up for Wilson, Lance, AND Jones

4 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think someone trades up to Atlanta and we get 4 straight QBs to open the draft. The odds one isn’t Fields is astronomically low. He’d have to get passed up for Wilson, Lance, AND Jones

Would you really be that shocked if Jones jumped ahead of Fields? I mean look what happened with Deshaun Watson. Got passed on for friggin Mitchell Trubisky. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 4:50 AM, nipples said:

Would you really be that shocked if Jones jumped ahead of Fields? I mean look what happened with Deshaun Watson. Got passed on for friggin Mitchell Trubisky. 

I wouldn't be shocked with any move an NFL team make to be honest with you. 

On 4/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, nipples said:

Agreed but for the life of me I don’t understand why you give up those picks for Jones. That’s what so befuddling to me.

Who cares if Atlanta or Carolina drafted him? He is not a generational talent or anything of that sort.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Thrive said:

Agreed but for the life of me I don’t understand why you give up those picks for Jones. That’s what so befuddling to me.

Who cares if Atlanta or Carolina drafted him? He is not a generational talent or anything of that sort.

Before Mac Jones got all this weird momentum, I was concerned he'd wind up with WAS.  They have a solid roster, and a steady-eddy QB could make them a real headache.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Before Mac Jones got all this weird momentum, I was concerned he'd wind up with WAS.  They have a solid roster, and a steady-eddy QB could make them a real headache.

You were concerned that Mac Jones may have ended up in WAS? Id now be more concerned that Fields could end up in WAS and that would be terrible for us. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You were concerned that Mac Jones may have ended up in WAS? Id now be more concerned that Fields could end up in WAS and that would be terrible for us. 

Unless he ends up like all the other horrible Ohio State QBs

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah I mean he might well do. I think Fields is special but that's just my opinion and I guess we shall see. 

On 4/16/2021 at 9:24 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I keep seeing this brought up but don’t know where it is coming from. The only QB from Ohio State drafted in the first round since like the 80s I believe was Haskins, who a lot thought was a reach even there. 

I’d put more stock in the "avoid Ohio State QBs” narrative if there was a history of first round prospects busting. But the fact is, most QBs from OSU were mid-round picks, which typically don’t pan out in the nfl regardless of what school they went to. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nipples said:

I keep seeing this brought up but don’t know where it is coming from. The only QB from Ohio State drafted in the first round since like the 80s I believe was Haskins, who a lot thought was a reach even there. 

I’d put more stock in the "avoid Ohio State QBs” narrative if there was a history of first round prospects busting. But the fact is, most QBs from OSU were mid-round picks, which typically don’t pan out in the nfl regardless of what school they went to. 

Good point and you are right. I guess with the kind of offense ohio state ran and any offense that has heavy Urban Meyer type influence doesn't translate well to the NFL would be the more appropriate thing to say. Obviously Fields didn't play for meyer but, they still ran his offense. Maybe I just hate Ohio State and urban meyer lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good point and you are right. I guess with the kind of offense ohio state ran and any offense that has heavy Urban Meyer type influence doesn't translate well to the NFL would be the more appropriate thing to say. Obviously Fields didn't play for meyer but, they still ran his offense. Maybe I just hate Ohio State and urban meyer lol

I agree it is a good point but for me it is more not wanting to invest another high pick in a QB just YET until we see what Hurts is capable of.  Add more pieces around the QB position to give him the best chance to succeed.  If we find even then he is limited then by all means bring in another ... the new guy would be coming into a situation where he has a much better chance to be successful then since there will already be pieces in place.  Just my 2 cents.  

Justin Fields has told NFL teams that he has Epilepsy.  This could affect where he's drafted.  While treatable,  can cause mental awareness issues along with other medical issues. 

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

If Fields is there at 12, I think Howie pulls the trigger.

Honestly would not blame him. Fields should be a NY Jet. If Fields is there at 12 you draft him. Period 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Same with Lance imo

8 hours ago, Portyansky said:

And he absolutely should. But he won't be there at #12 I just can't see it. 

• Like 1

I’m in the roll with Hurts for a year, if he sucks we have assets to move up in the draft + have an already high pick if he sucks next year camp. Because if Hurts ends up being good we could possibly have 3 first rounders next year to build a squad.

BUT, if Fields is there at 12, it would be REALLY hard to say no. He won’t be tho.