DeMarvin Leal (Texas A&M DT) -- DRAFTED BY PITTSBURGH #84

philafan4o8

In a loaded defensive draft class especially D-line class the eagles will need to use some picks to help out this defense. We all know the eagles was to build up front first. Demarvin Leal is one of the best, if not thee best d linemen in the draft. Currently is moved all around the defensive line but plays most of this snaps at DE. He projects as a DT in the nfl and has drawn some Aaron Donald comparison. Leal has all of the tools to be a dominant DT in the NFL. With fletcher cox likely out of this season, barnett likely to walk, and BG coming back from achilles our d line is suspect. I would not mind if they drafted him at all. It will likely take a top 5 pick to make that happen.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:31 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd love them to get Leal. I think he'd be a real menace on this DL alongside Hargrave and Cox. 

Yeah, I think they can use him in the same ways as Milton Williams; base end and 3T. Stout against the run, good bull rush and active hands. 

Jordan Davis is also very intriguing for a defense that is getting pushed around in the run game.

• Like 1

Cox isn't getting any younger and his contract is atrocious. Eagles love going to the trenches in the 1st rd. He's probably the best d linemen coming out outside of Thibodeaux 

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

Cox isn't getting any younger and his contract is atrocious. Eagles love going to the trenches in the 1st rd. He's probably the best d linemen coming out outside of Thibodeaux 

Solid move - and very Eagles.

Doesn't Leal play more snaps at DE for A&M?  I prefer Davis and Winfrey as pure DT's.

• 3 weeks later...

If Thibodeaux is off the board and Texans take a QB, Eagles almost have to take Hutchinson.

If they don’t and take Stingley, either Karlaftis or Leal or both will be available at No.7.

Can you imagine Eagles landing Hutch, Karlaftis or Leal and Stingley/Hamilton in top 10?!

Roll with Hurts/Minchew, the former showing improvement, and give this defense two studs please!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I could like with that... Hutch/Leal/Linderbaum.

Has anyone looked at the center from Arkansas (Stromberg?).

That would be a tremendous day 1 indeed.  It would stink missing out on Stingley but as he is projected to go 3rd overall in that mock he is out of reach (I personally am not giving up another 1 or whatever high pick it would take to move up for a CB).  And at least Booth is not taken day 1 ... if we could grab him with our 2nd dear lord that would be huge.  

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Leal and Hutchinson... Wow! Mind you a little sigh that we will pass on such a prospect in Hamilton. 

I have a hard time seeing Howie use a 1st on a S ... almost as unlikely as taking a LB in the 1st ... almost.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That would be a tremendous day 1 indeed.  It would stink missing out on Stingley but as he is projected to go 3rd overall in that mock he is out of reach (I personally am not giving up another 1 or whatever high pick it would take to move up for a CB).  And at least Booth is not taken day 1 ... if we could grab him with our 2nd dear lord that would be huge.  

I have a hard time seeing Howie use a 1st on a S ... almost as unlikely as taking a LB in the 1st ... almost.  

That would indeed be a super haul but...I think both the Eagles and Dolphins will win some more games and we end up with one top 10 pick, our own in that 13 to 17 range and a pick somewhere in that 18 to 22 range because I believe the Colts will be making the play-offs.

Eagles had trade talks for Cox. Which gives the feeling they’re somewhat open to part ways. From the get go months ago my gut feeling is telling me they might be targeting his replacement in the upcoming draft. Which leads me to Leal. I think they’ll fall in love with him and take him in the top 10.

Since the draft is deep at edge, they might be targeting a pass rusher with their own pick. Someone like a Ojabo or Enagbare.

With that last first rounder? Who knows? Maybe a corner but if someone like Linderbaum is there when the Colts pick rolls along, it wouldn’t shock me if Howie takes him.

Then again, it wouldn’t shock me if Howie trades down and turns one of these picks in a relatively high 2023 pick.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 2:09 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

I could like with that... Stingley/Leal/Pickett 

I like that better

On 11/17/2021 at 9:09 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

I could like with that... Hutch/Leal/Linderbaum.

Yep, took him in the 3rd in my latest mock I posted today. 

22 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Yep, took him in the 3rd in my latest mock I posted today. 

Cam Jurgens is also entering the draft, another day 2 candidate if Kelce moves on.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Godfather said:

I like that better

Sure - I don’t think we’ll be in position to get that set either, unfortunately.

As our draft picks sink in value, it’s very possible that Leal will not be available or that the early pick will be earmarked for a DE (e.g., Ojabo, Purdue player).  I’m not sure if he is entering the draft but Travon Walker is also very interesting prospect who has 5T/4i/3T versatility, better length than Milton Williams but also a super athlete.

I would prioritize DE over DT. Milton was a very good pick who has already started making noise, paired with Hargrave/Cox, I think you are good for the next little bit.

DE on the other hand is barren. With Barnett likely gone, we need new blood.

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I would prioritize DE over DT. Milton was a very good pick who has already started making noise, paired with Hargrave/Cox, I think you are good for the next little bit.

DE on the other hand is barren. With Barnett likely gone, we need new blood.

Leal at DE is probably better than any remaining pure DE on the board.

That said we‘d most likely need to trade up for Leal too, so there‘s that.

• 3 weeks later...

We run a base 3-4 over under Gannon. He would be a DE in our scheme and when we go with a 4 man dline front he can move inside. He actually does remind me of a young Fletcher Cox. Which speaking of Cox, he has one more year in Philly. Wouldnt mind finding his replacement. 

Weirdly mocks have him a lot lower now.

I still think he is a great player and we should probably go for it if we can get him.