Kingsley Enagbare (South Carolina EDGE) -- DRAFTED BY GREEN BAY #179

Ray75

0F2AC581-A186-40F9-A9C3-D15889F45EAC.jpeg

6’4” / 270 lbs

Kingsley Enagbare has one of my favorite characteristics locked down. He is a high motor high effort player. If you watch tape, you will see him routinely make plays because of his relentless effort. Check his film against the Tennessee Volunteers last season to see more. Reports say he is an extremely competitive player and practices incredibly hard. Great characteristics for a player who we want to see more growth out of.

I love his ability to stack up a blocker and make a play on the ball carrier in the run game as well.. He is strong and has a fierce first impact on his bull rush. He routinely pushes defenders into the back field.

South Carolina utilizes him on stunts, allowing him to attack interior lineman as well and he tends to run right through them when he has a full head of steam. Coaches and teammates of his also mention his leadership ability often. He checks most of the boxes for sure.

Enagbare broke out as a junior in 2020, putting up an 89.2 pass-rushing grade in eight games. He probably would have been a Day 2 pick this year had he declared, but he returned to try to build on that for a full season. At 6-foot-4, 270 pounds, Enagbare has the frame everyone is looking for at the position early on in the draft.

Draft projection; late first round with a shot at cracking the top 20.

• Like 1

I like Enagbare because like you say he's a true competitor and he's got a high motor. But I'll be honest... I'm really put off DEs with a high motor that in college make plays because they just keep going. In the NFL that's not going to cut it. You need to get to the QB FAST at times. 

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like Enagbare because like you say he's a true competitor and he's got a high motor. But I'll be honest... I'm really put off DEs with a high motor that in college make plays because they just keep going. In the NFL that's not going to cut it. You need to get to the QB FAST at times. 

Not everyone with a high motor is named Barnett, my friend. I believe Enagbare is more in the Sweat mode. If Josh didn’t have multiple injuries in college, he would have gone way higher in the draft.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Not everyone with a high motor is named Barnett, my friend. I believe Enagbare is more in the Sweat mode. If Josh didn’t have multiple injuries in college, he would have gone way higher in the draft.

No no i appreciate that bud. But still feel stung by Barnett to tell the truth. And look Sweat is a fine player but he's not a difference maker. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Bump.

Likely more our range...

I think Enagbore may well be the best option in the range we will likely be drafting.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Enagbore may well be the best option in the range we will likely be drafting.

Yeah and Ojabo if he declares...

Enagbare is a bit underrated IMO. Really good stats but what you see is what you get. Powerful and rangy but not bendy...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, Ray75 said:

The big injury occurred in high school in 2014 (that was when he dislocated his knee and tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL).  He only missed ONE game while playing for Florida State. The narrative of him suffering multiple injuries in college is just wrong.  

Since being drafted he missed some time in 2018 with an ankle injury and in 2020 with a wrist injury.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The big injury occurred in high school in 2014 (that was when he dislocated his knee and tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL).  He only missed ONE game while playing for Florida State. The narrative of him suffering multiple injuries in college is just wrong.  

Since being drafted he missed some time in 2018 with an ankle injury and in 2020 with a wrist injury.  

I was under the impression his health concerns were the main reason he slipped. Thought he had more injuries in college. Thx for the info.

Thoughts on Enagbare?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

I was under the impression his health concerns were the main reason he slipped. Thought he had more injuries in college. Thx for the info.

Thoughts on Enagbare?!

I honestly do not know enough of the player to have an informed opinion.