Stetson Bennett (Georgia QB) -- STAYING IN SCHOOL

eaglegenius

Georgia is loaded with talent on the defense and Stetson Bennet is the QB they deserve.

His only knock is his height - at 5'11 he's midway between Drew Brees and Doug Flutie.
If this pushes him back in the draft he's going to be a steal for some team.

He's quick on the draw, incredibly smart and accurate with a strong arm. 
His stats are outstanding, very few INTs playing in the toughest conference,
but you can only appreciate him by watching him play.

His back-up JT Daniels was a top rated QB until he got injured. He's healed up now
and ready to play, but they're keeping Bennett on the field because he's a winner.

If you aren't watching Georgia play you're missing out on the best players
on both sides of the ball.  

On 11/6/2021 at 3:12 PM, eaglegenius said:

on both sides of the ball.  

That's the problem when evaluating college players, there's a big discrepancy with talent among the teams.

Players playing on superior talented teams often look  better than what they are due to their supporting cast.......many players are overlooked because of their supporting cast and likewise, many players are overrated for the same reason......it's a buyer beware kinda thing.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

That's the problem when evaluating college players, there's a big discrepancy with talent among the teams.

Players playing on superior talented teams often look  better than what they are due to their supporting cast.......many players are overlooked because of their supporting cast and likewise, many players are overrated for the same reason......it's a buyer beware kinda thing.   

Agree.  That is why game match-ups matter so much.  In this case how does Stetson Bennet play against top tier schools with great defenses.  He gets that playing in the SEC.  I would have more certainty on that versus a QB from Liberty due to strength of competition.  If Willis balled out against a top tier school with a great D that would be notable. If he struggles it doesn't necessarily mean he sucks because of the issue with the people surrounding him on offense.

Overall I think the floor is a lot higher from a guy coming from the SEC to NFL vs non Power5.

• Like 1

This year is the first year he's really looked anything like draftable and even then not that draftable, he's too short and it's still not guaranteed that he wont't lose snaps to Daniels now he's fit again.

My guess is he makes it to UDFA and you can probably take a swing at him there, but there are others I'd easily prefer as a late round project like Hendon Hooker, KJ Jefferson, Sam Hartman or Dustin Crum.

Ultimately though if you really want an SEC Quarterback for the competition they faced then I'd wait until next year and hope Young, Johnson or Rogers continue to improve.

We'd have to lose out the next season to get Young. IMHO Rogers is more interesting than Johnson.

Stetson Bennett isn't the first QB to come alive after seasoning. 

Watching Rogers against Auburn now, he looks great Today, on the flipside I've no idea how Bo Nix hasn't thrown a pick before that 2 point attempt he's gotten away with some godawful throws this last quarter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 3:12 PM, eaglegenius said:

on both sides of the ball

Young>>>>>>>Bennett

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Young>>>>>>>Bennett

Is Young coming out in the draft this year?

24 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Nope. But Georgia does not have "the best players on both sides of the ball" either. 

7 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

I think he will next season. He should stay 2 more years