Devin Lloyd (Utah LB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #27

The Blackfish

6’3”  235-240lbs.  This guy isn’t getting the praise nationally as others on defense Part of is due to Georgia’s possible record setting defense and that Lloyd plays at Utah, but he can cover, and rush the passer from anywhere. He could be the A gap blitzer we’ve heard so much about, but that would be the Eagles taking a LB in the first round because he’s definitely a top 20, possibly top 15 pick.

9 games 2021 -       
81 tackles, 19 for loss, 6 sacks, 3 ints, 1int ret TD.

28 games 2019-2021-       
220 tackles, 40 for loss, 14.5 sacks, 4 ints, 2int ret TD.

• Like 2

He is on my covet list of LBs along with  Christian Harris, Nakobe Dean, and Henry To'o To'o.  I really want to Eagles to pickup at least 1 of the 4 and would love it if they grabbed two of them via a trade down situation.

• Like 1

Best LB in the class. Borderline first rounder, maybe even a top 20 selection.

Question is; will the Eagles defer from their ridiculous mantra of undervaluing the LB position for once?!

With a boatload of picks including likely 3 first rounders, they might and they should IMO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

6’3”  235-240lbs.  This guy isn’t getting the praise nationally as others on defense Part of is due to Georgia’s possible record setting defense and that Lloyd plays at Utah, but he can cover, and rush the passer from anywhere. He could be the A gap blitzer we’ve heard so much about, but that would be the Eagles taking a LB in the first round because he’s definitely a top 20, possibly top 15 pick.

9 games 2021 -       

28 games 2019-2021-       

9 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Best LB in the class. Borderline first rounder, maybe even a top 20 selection.

Question is; will the Eagles defer from their ridiculous mantra of undervaluing the LB position for once?!

With a boatload of picks including likely 3 first rounders, they might and they should IMO.

My ideal situation is that the Eagles get pick 3/4 and 7/8 and pick up a DE and secondary upgrade (Hutchinson/Stingley JR and Hamilton would all be great). 

Then ideally with the Colts pick (which will hopefully be around 12) move down if possible and pick up an extra first or second for next year and take a linebacker in the 20-25 range.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

My ideal situation is that the Eagles get pick 3/4 and 7/8 and pick up a DE and secondary upgrade (Hutchinson/Stingley JR and Hamilton would all be great). 

Then ideally with the Colts pick (which will hopefully be around 12) move down if possible and pick up an extra first or second for next year and take a linebacker in the 20-25 range.

Totally out of the box but how about something like this;

Round 1) Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan;
Round 1) Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame;
Round 1) Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah;
Round 2)  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn;
Round 3)  George Pickens, WR, Georgia;
Round 4) Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee;
Round 5) Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota;
Round 5) Kolby Harvell-Peel, SS, Oklahoma State;
Round 5) Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State;
Round 6) Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State;

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Full disclosure- I have no idea of any of the guys outside the first 3. But would be delighted with that first round. Love the focus on D.

Would maybe take a OL a little higher and a running back in the 5th, but that’s nitpicking. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, The Blackfish said:

but that would be the Eagles taking a LB in the first round because he’s definitely a top 20, possibly top 15 pick.

You go a problem wit dat?

I sure as hell don't.

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You go a problem wit dat?

I sure as hell don't.

Nope, they haven’t done it since 1979, but that could mean they’re due.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, The Blackfish said:

9 games 2021 -       

28 games 2019-2021-       

Beast

• Like 1

1-Evan Neal-OT(replace Lane)  1- DeMarvin Leal-DT 1- Elam/Gardner-CB 2 -Nakobe Dean-LB 3- Brisker-S 4- Ojaba-DE(thats as far as I got lol. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

1-Evan Neal-OT(replace Lane)  1- DeMarvin Leal-DT 1- Elam/Gardner-CB 2 -Nakobe Dean-LB 3- Brisker-S 4- Ojaba-DE(thats as far as I got lol. 

Ojabo might a) not declare and b) won’t last that long.

As you know, not a fan of an OT with our first pick. The rest is fine!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Yeah - I'd figure if Ojabo doesn't get a 1st round grade - he'd return to school.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Yeah I understand,just leary with the BS Lane has been pulling lately. I would be fine taking an OT much later also.he was just the BPA roughly where we will be picking

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yeah - I'd figure if Ojabo doesn't get a 1st round grade - he'd return the school.

LOL happens every year "that guy won"t be there" and absolutely NOONE falls into round 2 lol

He's my #1 rated LB.  

On 11/10/2021 at 3:06 AM, Ray75 said:

No way Kyle lasts until 10-15.  I also am not a Faalele fan.  Other than that, I like it.  Though Pickens may drop to 4th.

51 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL happens every year "that guy won"t be there" and absolutely NOONE falls into round 2 lol

He has a really good first step, and I think he goes in the 1st.  If he's there in the 2nd,  and I honestly don't understand why that would happen, I hope we double down at DE (LB be damned).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He's my #1 rated LB.  

No way Kyle lasts until 10-15.  I also am not a Faalele fan.  Other than that, I like it.  Though Pickens may drop to 4th.

I made that mock when we had 2 top 10 picks but we’ll probably have just one because I believe the Dolphins win some more games.

So...realistically I’m thinking; Dolphins pick will be in that 6 to 9 range, Eagles pick in that 13 to 17 range and Colts pick in that 18 to 22 range.

A more realistic mock would be 1) Leal; 2) A pass rusher like Enagbare or Ojabo; 3) Linderbaum if he lasts that long, a corner or if they really want to defer from their mantra a LB like Lloyd or a safety like Hill.

20 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I made that mock when we had 2 top 10 picks but we’ll probably have just one because I believe the Dolphins win some more games.

So...realistically I’m thinking; Dolphins pick will be in that 6 to 9 range, Eagles pick in that 13 to 17 range and Colts pick in that 18 to 22 range.

A more realistic mock would be 1) Leal; 2) A pass rusher like Enagbare or Ojabo; 3) Linderbaum if he lasts that long, a corner or if they really want to defer from their mantra a LB like Lloyd or a safety like Hill.

At 6-9, 13-17, 18-22 one could easily still go Leal, D Jackson, Booth/Gardner

• Like 1

I also like Elam at CB and Brisker at S. Howie will find a way to blow this draft. I almost smashed my TV when he took Reagor over JJ(DOH!!)

I would have NP if we took Metchie at WR in round 2. IMO Reagor is either a slow learner or we misjudged his talent and drafted him for straight line speed ALONE which is NO WAY to choose a WR

• 3 weeks later...

Imo, this kid is a top 12 lock. What a great season and career he had at Utah. He played big in both Oregon games and was the best player on the field 

You people should know better then to post a true LB in the first round. Won;t happen. If he was a tweener LB/DE you might have a shot. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

You people should know better then to post a true LB in the first round. Won;t happen. If he was a tweener LB/DE you might have a shot. 

Maybe Howie wakes up? :roll: