Devin Lloyd (Utah LB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #27

The Blackfish

I dont know if he has the athletic profile in terms of speed to be a top 10.  It will depend on where he tests.  Top 10 guys end up in 4.4s 40s etc.

I love his instincts and physicality.  Would be happy if the Eagles got him.

This draft is looking pretty pretty deep. Great size, impressive length, just eats people up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ajxxx said:

What's general take on dean vs Lloyd boys?

Lloyd has the size you want, he’s gotten much better in coverage this year and is an underrated pass rusher.  Dean might be the drafts P4P strongest player, he’s been good in coverage since 2020. 
 Dean is in tougher conference, but he’s short, Lloyd, weaker conference is around 6’3” 230 lbs, but said he can put on 10-12 lbs and still be comfortable and fast.    
 If Dean was 6’3”, he’d likely go first.   Tough call. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Lloyd has the size you want, he’s gotten much better in coverage this year and is an underrated pass rusher.  Dean might be the drafts P4P strongest player, he’s been good in coverage since 2020. 
 Dean is in tougher conference, but he’s short, Lloyd, weaker conference is around 6’3” 230 lbs, but said he can put on 10-12 lbs and still be comfortable and fast.    
 If Dean was 6’3”, he’d likely go first.   Tough call. 

I believe Lloyd is an older prospect (23?, RS senior at very least), we’ll see how that factors in.

• Like 1

Could having 3 picks help them break the streak of no 1st round LBs since 1979?  

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Could having 3 picks help them break the streak of no 1st round LBs since 1979?  

Sure would be nice, but considering where the picks are and a few Mock drafts have Lloyd in the top 10, most top 15, it won’t be him. 
  Dean is a better possibility if they like him that high. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Don’t get your hopes up. Does anyone actually believe this team is drafting a LB in the first round? :lol:

Not even if we had 32 1st rd picks!  :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Howie would let the clock run out tryna pull trades w himself 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, nipples said:

Don’t get your hopes up. Does anyone actually believe this team is drafting a LB in the first round? :lol:

21 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hate you both for reminding me, didn’t you ever hear " don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story?”  
 I know Howie’s gonna take Drake Jackson instead of Lloyd or Dean and AF will tell everyone what a great pick it was, while I drink a quart of bleach. 

• Haha 3

On 12/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, The Blackfish said:

I hate you both for reminding me, didn’t you ever hear " don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story?”  
 I know Howie’s gonna take Drake Jackson instead of Lloyd or Dean and AF will tell everyone what a great pick it was, while I drink a quart of bleach. 

CBS's most recent draft had us getting Lloyd, Booth and Ojabo. That would be an incredible haul!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

CBS's most recent draft had us getting Lloyd, Booth and Ojabo. That would be an incredible haul!

I saw that also. That would be rather awesome 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-giants-grab-kenny-pickett-vikings-get-justin-jefferson-a-running-mate-at-receiver/amp/

• 3 weeks later...

I did a mock draft (simulator). 

Traded pick 15 and pick 121 to Kansas City for pick 32, 64, 96, and 2023 2nd round pick. 

Traded pick 16 to Green Bay for pick 28, 59, and 2023 5th rounder.

Traded pick 19 to Seattle for pick 41, 72, 2023 2nd rounder and 2023 3rd rounder. 

28) David Ojabo DE Michigan 
32) Lewis Cine Safety Cincinnati 

Traded pick 41 to WFT for pick 42 and 110

42) Trent McDuffie CB Washington 
51) Christian Harris LB Alabama
59) Myjai Sanders DE Cincinnati 
64) Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia
72) George Pickens WR Georgia
83) Alec Lindstrom OC 
96) Jerome Ford RB
110) Trae Barry TE
161) Jamaree Salyer OT
165) Leo Chenal LB
207) Jake Camarda P 

4 hours ago, Bleed Green said:

I did a mock draft (simulator). 

Traded pick 15 and pick 121 to Kansas City for pick 32, 64, 96, and 2023 2nd round pick. 

Traded pick 16 to Green Bay for pick 28, 59, and 2023 5th rounder.

Traded pick 19 to Seattle for pick 41, 72, 2023 2nd rounder and 2023 3rd rounder. 

28) David Ojabo DE Michigan 
32) Lewis Cine Safety Cincinnati 

Traded pick 41 to WFT for pick 42 and 110

42) Trent McDuffie CB Washington 
51) Christian Harris LB Alabama
59) Myjai Sanders DE Cincinnati 
64) Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia
72) George Pickens WR Georgia
83) Alec Lindstrom OC 
96) Jerome Ford RB
110) Trae Barry TE
161) Jamaree Salyer OT
165) Leo Chenal LB
207) Jake Camarda P 

Cine is from UGA

This is the kind of explosive, athletic LB we need but Howie won’t draft him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

This is the kind of explosive, athletic LB we need but Howie won’t draft him. 

who knows, we have several picks. This could be the year... it sure has been long enough. Dont dash my hopes with your well reasoned pessimism 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, QBhunter58 said:

who knows, we have several picks. This could be the year... it sure has been long enough. Dont dash my hopes with your well reasoned pessimism 😉

This would be a pretty exciting outcome for me, as I expect that we address S and WR in free agency.  Now while I'm not a huge fan of the Gannon scheme, maybe just maybe, as a former scout and really smart guy he can advocate for a LB early - successfully making the case to Howie with analytics or whatnot that having a  blue chip prospect in the middle is what is required to maximize his vision (also he should probably roll a Darius Leonard pump up video to set the mood).

250334AD-293F-4D5C-A9D7-90CB84BA933D.jpeg

On 1/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I'd rather grab Jermaine Johnson or Walker from Georgia than Ojabo... I think he's just more of a project (jmo)

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

This would be a pretty exciting outcome for me, as I expect that we address S and WR in free agency.  Now while I'm not a huge fan of the Gannon scheme, maybe just maybe, as a former scout and really smart guy he can advocate for a LB early - successfully making the case to Howie with analytics or whatnot that having a  blue chip prospect in the middle is what is required to maximize his vision (also he should probably roll a Darius Leonard pump up video to set the mood).

250334AD-293F-4D5C-A9D7-90CB84BA933D.jpeg

While I would hate to wait to address CB until late day 3 that is a nice haul on day 1 and Emerson does present solid value at 83 (he and Jobe are probably my favorite prospects after the top 4 dogs ... Stingley, Gardner, Booth, McCreary).  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

While I would hate to wait to address CB until late day 3 that is a nice haul on day 1 and Emerson does present solid value at 83 (he and Jobe are probably my favorite prospects after the top 4 dogs ... Stingley, Gardner, Booth, McCreary).  

Emerson is comparable to Cameron Dantzler, so I don’t think I’m gaming the mock app too badly (he went to MIN in the late 3rd). Both have great size/length, played in a similar system at MissSt., and would entering into similar systems in the NFL (zone heavy). I believe the trend now is to pair an Emerson-type with a race horse, so you can still mix in C1 without having a Rasul Douglas in Philly issue. We have Slay now, but would need to address that sooner or later.