Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Good win. Lively wasn't this good in the beginning of the year 

He was a force tonight. If he develops an offensive game he’s going to be a monster. Miami and Virginia coming up. Realistically, we’d have to be happy with a split of the next two.

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Congrats guys.  I know you’ve been looking for something to erase the memory of the two loses last season.  I’ll remind you, Coach K’s last home game at Cameron and then his last game as the coach of Trinity College in the National Semi-Final game.  I hope a regular season win between two unranked teams, gives you the closure you sorely needed.  I again say, congrats.  

image.gif.61ab9909abb98bc73ac8c1e9b7d40de6.gif

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ah.  Duke fan posting this is pretty funny.  

For realz. We have to go all the way back to last night.

image.gif.f3c1cdf05fedde405b552831b4703ad5.gif

image.gif.e9f69228be05dc40b9e1a256d71e5673.gif

So the ACC flat out admitted that the refs stole the Virginia game from us. That after they stole the VT game from us. Fat lot of good their admission does.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Playing some good basketball lately 

Playing better. Roach was money last night.  He must’ve been really hurting earlier on this season because right now he looks like he did in the tournament last year, only even better. If they could’ve hit 3’s last night they would have blown State out. 

Let’s hope they  bust the holes Saturday night

• Like 1

Good win

Talk as of the other day is that Flip, Proctor and Mitchell were coming back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Good win

Talk as of the other day is that Flip, Proctor and Mitchell were coming back 

:excited: I wonder if Roach will too.

Ol Hubert’s coaching is great(coming from a duke fan), just let love Jack up all those 3s, woohoo, went on a unc board last night, they are ready for the whole team to be gone, I love it

Duke is hot.  UNC is reeling.

Filipowski looks like a top-5 pick to me

10 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Have you been to any NCAA games this year?

3 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Have you been to any NCAA games this year?

I was at the Wake Forest vs. Duke game back in December.  WFU won.  Since then they’ve gone in different directions.  I might go to an ACC Tournament game this week in Greensboro.  They have NCAA early round games in Greensboro the following week too. Maybe Zuker has an extra ticket for me.  :roll: 

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I was at the Wake Forest vs. Duke game back in December.  WFU won.  Since then they’ve gone in different directions.  I might go to an ACC Tournament game this week in Greensboro.  They have NCAA early round games in Greensboro the following week too. Maybe Zuker has an extra ticket for me.  :roll: 

Nice!  You can yin and yang it with Zuker.

• Haha 1

Duke with all their guys healthy is really good. Winning at the Dean Dome isn’t easy.

39 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

And talk of him coming back. The 2024 draft class is stupid weak. Just read an update that Lively, Whitehead and Roach will be gone but high odds that Mitchell, Flip, and Proctor will be back. Pair that up with incoming freshman in Jared McCain who is just a lights out shooter and Mackenzie Mgbako, a better Whitehead. Scheyer will have them competing for a title in his 2nd year. 

The job Scheyer has done after they looked dead in the water is great. They still struggle on the offensive end but they are an absolute **** to play against on the defensive end. Length for days and Lively finally playing to his potential on the defensive end. 

• Like 1

I don’t know how well his game translates to the NBA. I just know he’s the best player on Duke and to me that says high draft pick.

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

I don’t know how well his game translates to the NBA. I just know he’s the best player on Duke and to me that says high draft pick.

A bit like Hunter Dickinson from Michigan but high potential. Just slow feet and not really a five but a stretch four. I think he has value in the league if he get his 3p shot higher 

4 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Ol Hubert’s coaching is great(coming from a duke fan), just let love Jack up all those 3s, woohoo, went on a unc board last night, they are ready for the whole team to be gone, I love it

Pete Nance and Puff the magic Johnson are no Brady Manek, that’s for sure.

Another good win. Either Virginia or Clemson will be tough tomorrow.