Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

25 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Talk of DaRon Holmes transferring in from Dayton so Flip can play the 4 if he stays. Kid maybe an upgrade over Lively because he has an offensive game. 

I hope you're right and he stays.  As good as he was as a freshman, he'd be downright scary next year.  Bacot's coming back for Carolina. Again. We could use some experience against him.

9 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I hope you're right and he stays.  As good as he was as a freshman, he'd be downright scary next year.  Bacot's coming back for Carolina. Again. We could use some experience against him.

Procter coming back is even bigger. He is going to be downright scary 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Procter coming back is even bigger. He is going to be downright scary 

Seems like the media is trying to talk him into leaving. I really hope they fail. He could use another year.

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Seems like the media is trying to talk him into leaving. I really hope they fail. He could use another year.

Still leaning that Flip, Proctor and Mitchell are coming back. Next week will announce 

21 hours ago, The_Omega said:

bacot isnt that good, he's ok, he'll make more money coming back to unc, than he'll make in the g league, he'll have his what, 3rd senior year?  

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Still leaning that Flip, Proctor and Mitchell are coming back. Next week will announce 

I think Christian Reeves could contribute some meaningful minutes next year. I know he was relegated to mop up time this year but he showed some ability and wasn’t completely useless when he was in.

Really sorry to hear this

[quote]

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- The family of former North Carolina and NBA big man Eric Montross says he has begun treatment for cancer.

Montross' family issued a statement through the school on Saturday announcing the 51-year-old's diagnosis, though it didn't specify the nature of the cancer.

"We are all touched by the responses our entire family has received since the news became public," the family stated. "Your support is more than appreciated; it is welcomed as a necessary part of beating cancer one day at a time. Our family is dealing with Eric's diagnosis head-on - the only way we know how. And we are all in this fight together."

Montross is a radio analyst for UNC game broadcasts and works for the Rams Club, the fundraising arm of UNC's athletic department.[/quote]

Mark Mitchell is coming back 

I imagine Lively announces tomorrow he is going pro then Flip announcement he is coming back. Duke likes to give each kid their day 

• Like 1

Any chance Roach comes back? Would there be room for everyone if he did? One thing’s for sure, we’re going to be strong at forward next year, and we’re already older and more experienced overall.

34 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Any chance Roach comes back? Would there be room for everyone if he did? One thing’s for sure, we’re going to be strong at forward next year, and we’re already older and more experienced overall.

He told the staff in the beginning of the year he wasn't and now on the fence. It would be tough because you got 2 freshman incoming in McCain and Foster who probably have been promised minutes. Schutt would definitely transfer St that point. 

Whitehead’s gone but that was expected. No chance he was coming back. Like I said before, I like Reeves to contribute more in the post next year but still think we need another blue chip big. If we land one, holy crap we could be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Flip is going back to Duke, but big news Mackenzie Mgbako has asked out of his scholarship.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Flip is going back to Duke, but big news Mackenzie Mgbako has asked out of his scholarship.

That’s awesome! And that sucks. If Roach decides to withdraw from the draft after he’s told he’s a 2nd or 3rd round pick, at best, there may be some other decommitments.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

That’s awesome! And that sucks. If Roach decides to withdraw from the draft after he’s told he’s a 2nd or 3rd round pick, at best, there may be some other decommitments.

TJ power and Sean Stewart will take his minutes. You take two sophomores coming back over a one and done. 

Yeah rumors he does come back to Duke and Schutt looks around

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

TJ power and Sean Stewart will take his minutes. You take two sophomores coming back over a one and done. 

Yeah rumors he does come back to Duke and Schutt looks around

There's also been speculation that Roach withdraws from the draft, but transfers.  Not sure how much of a real possibility that is but, if there anything to it, I wonder if the staff has told him that he'd see a reduced role to give the newcomers more minutes?  Probably not because Roach has gotten too good to reduce his role in favor of unproven newcomers.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It’s also rumored that we’re targeting Kadin Shedrick from UVA.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck recruiting against Duke when you get Tatum to show up between his playoff games

• 2 weeks later...

Talk of Cooper Flagg reclassing to 2024. Best prospect in the world once Wemby gets drafted 

• 4 weeks later...

Duke wasn't mentioned or on the radar 48 hours ago and now is visiting them next week. I would bet they hope to get him to re class to 2023 and then they have a big in mind for 2024 as well.