Sign in to follow this  
Mlodj

Who has the best cheesesteak in Philly?

On 8/21/2020 at 11:53 PM, hputenis said:

2014: Things that made me go 'Hmmm..' – Research The Media

LOL i know i know i know.  same with hot sauce, mushrooms...but she's my best friend.

• Haha 1

For me it's Campo's hands down. Right in old city, it's where I take my out of town friends when they visit. It's rarely mentioned in the best cheese steak conversation, but it's always crowded. 

fcb0556f-1b96-4e97-a600-42d34d06f784-ret

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gannan said:

For me it's Campo's hands down. Right in old city, it's where I take my out of town friends when they visit. It's rarely mentioned in the best cheese steak conversation, but it's always crowded. 

Come on man.  It's my own fault, but I just clicked in this thread right from the blog where they were talking about banana pudding, peach cobbler, and southern food.  Then I come over here and see this pic.  I think it's time for 2nd lunch.  

Second Breakfast GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gannan said:

For me it's Campo's hands down.

Never had a bad one from campos but it's just lacking something for me. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Never had a bad one from campos but it's just lacking something for me. 

The secret to good Italian food is simple fresh ingredients. It's the same with a cheesesteak IMO. What I like about Campo's is the simplicity. Perfect roll, sliced rib eye, provolone cheese, and onions perfectly fried that melt in your mouth like flavor crystals :D

24 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The secret to good Italian food is simple fresh ingredients. It's the same with a cheesesteak IMO. What I like about Campo's is the simplicity. Perfect roll, sliced rib eye, provolone cheese, and onions perfectly fried that melt in your mouth like flavor crystals :D

i have only had them at CBP. def like them, but not the best for me. 

also, provolone goes on roast pork sammies, not cheesesteaks. JK, to each his own and that is making me hungry. 

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

i have only had them at CBP. def like them, but not the best for me. 

also, provolone goes on roast pork sammies, not cheesesteaks. JK, to each his own and that is making me hungry. 

I can't do the whiz 🤮

• Like 1

Just now, Gannan said:

I can't do the whiz 🤮

oh hear that, i do american only. whiz is for fries. 

American is also good. A guilty pleasure of mine is a cheese steak from Chickie's and Pete's where they use the crab fry cheese sauce on it. 

54 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I can't do the whiz 🤮

GETTING CHECKED ANALLY HELPS PREVENT THIS ISSUE.

HappyLateArthropods-size_restricted.gif

The only time I do whiz is during the "I need food at 2am" phase.

Other than that my go to cheese is provolone, sharp provolone if you have it.

not a big fan of provolone on a cheesesteak. on a roast pork sammy ? hell yeah, and  the sharper the better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

not a big fan of provolone on a cheesesteak. on a roast pork sammy ? hell yeah, and  the sharper the better. 

Provolone if you're adding tomato sauce is nice. 

Provolone cheese melts just right without getting too greasy or goopy. I like how mild provolone (nutty, sweet) complements the taste of the cheesesteak (savory, salty). American cheese is ok, it's blander, but I never like whiz. I prefer sharper provolone on a roast pork. Because the meat is milder, sharp provolone cuts right through it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, toolg said:

Provolone cheese melts just right without getting too greasy or goopy. I like how mild provolone (nutty, sweet) complements the taste of the cheesesteak (savory, salty). American cheese is ok, it's blander, but I never like whiz. I prefer sharper provolone on a roast pork. Because the meat is milder, sharp provolone cuts right through it.

i'm all american cheese BUT can appreciate the opinion view since you put it that way.