Garrett Wilson (Ohio State WR) — DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #10

philafan4o8

With the absolute failure of Jalen Reagor project we need a good WR opposite of Smith. Garrett Wilson would be a great complement and they make a great 1-2 punch

but we still need a QB to get them the ball

• Thanks 1

Although I was hoping we wouldn’t have to use another first rounder on a WR again, I’m warming up to the idea of pairing Wilson or his teammate Olave with Smith.

With huge question marks surrounding Hurts again, I wouldn’t be surprised if we use two of our three first rounders on both a QB and receiver. Say Pickett or Corral and Wilson or Olave.

13 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Focus on the D and QB in the 1st rd

I agree on defense but I do not think any of these QBs are worth a 1st rounder. Forcing a QB pick would be a bad decision.

if the eagles go 2 DL and a CB that would be solid. But Garrett Wilson is BPA you have to grab him

11 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I agree on defense but I do not think any of these QBs are worth a 1st rounder. Forcing a QB pick would be a bad decision.

if the eagles go 2 DL and a CB that would be solid. But Garrett Wilson is BPA you have to grab him

Pickett is the only one worth taking it the first rd

Beast. One of the best at high pointing the ball. Will fight for extra yards after the catch too.

Make an Olave one too!

Not denying the need for a WR2 but at some stage we need to start addressing the other spots on this team via high picks.

I want no part of a WR in Rd 1. I also want someone who is the opposite of Smith i.e. a bigger target, someone with more bulk and size to complement his skillset. Ideally this is a veteran in FA, otherwise spend a Rd 2 or 3 pick.

Like Wilson as a prospect but not for us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Beast. One of the best at high pointing the ball. Will fight for extra yards after the catch too.

Make an Olave one too!

Of course you would praise him😒

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Not denying the need for a WR2 but at some stage we need to start addressing the other spots on this team via high picks.

I want no part of a WR in Rd 1. I also want someone who is the opposite of Smith i.e. a bigger target, someone with more bulk and size to complement his skillset. Ideally this is a veteran in FA, otherwise spend a Rd 2 or 3 pick.

Don’t need to be huge to play big.image.thumb.jpeg.d432707ee106e055b32e75bdc24deda9.jpeg I think he’d be a good fit opposite Smith.

28 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Of course you would praise him😒

WRU 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Don’t need to be huge to play big.image.thumb.jpeg.d432707ee106e055b32e75bdc24deda9.jpeg I think he’d be a good fit opposite Smith.

WRU 

:roll:

• 1 month later...

Not the biggest fan of using yet another 1st on WR ... I think it may be in our best interest to add a vet WR via FA.  However, if you do go the day 1 draft route, Wilson seems to be pretty close to a can't miss prospect as you can get.  Draft profile:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/garrett-wilson-ohio-state-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Make an Olave one too!

If you had to choose between the 2, just curious who ya taking … Wilson or Olave?

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

If you had to choose between the 2, just curious who ya taking … Wilson or Olave?

I’ve always been a Wilson guy. I see him as a star at the next level. I see Olave as a reliable solid to good starter. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, Jenkins27 said:

I’ve always been a Wilson guy. I see him as a star at the next level. I see Olave as a reliable solid to good starter. 

I tend to agree with that assessment.  I don’t think any college player is a "sure thing” but Wilson seems to be closer to a can’t miss prospect than others.  Having said that, Howie will pass on him to draft another WR because he’ll put up a lower 40 time at the combine (even if he is rated as a 2nd rd prospect with many more question marks). 

7 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

I want no part of Olave for exactly that reason - don't think he will be special at the next level. Also think he is a little too similar but a poor mans version of DeVonta

Burks (physicality), Williams (speed and quickness), Wilson and in that order is my preference generally at WR (assuming Williams medical checks out). Burks just fits best opposite DeVonta. I also love the fit of Drake London and dude has a high ceiling but he also scares me a little (higher bust factor). If it works out, he is what Howie imagined he was getting with JJAW but can he separate at the NFL level?

On 12/1/2021 at 6:53 PM, kiwieagle said:

This

18 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

I want no part of Olave for exactly that reason - don't think he will be special at the next level. Also think he is a little too similar but a poor mans version of DeVonta

Burks (physicality), Williams (speed and quickness), Wilson and in that order is my preference generally at WR (assuming Williams medical checks out). Burks just fits best opposite DeVonta. I also love the fit of Drake London and dude has a high ceiling but he also scares me a little (higher bust factor). If it works out, he is what Howie imagined he was getting with JJAW but can he separate at the NFL level?

I’d take Olave over Williams. There’s a reason Williams was WR4 at OSU. Plus Olave is a safer pick, we need to hit if we’re going WR early. Can’t afford to miss 3/4 drafts in a row.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson and Smith would be a dynamic combo. The Bengals have shown that you can make Super Bowl with young weapons. Although I will admit Joe Burrow looks like he is great. We don’t have that clearly lol

• 1 month later...

Wilson has a jump catch issue. That put me off during the combine. He can get popped really badly if he doesn't fix that at the next level. I would pick Olave over Wilson. Olave is a safe pick if he is there. But if they pick Burks, I will be okay with that too. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Love that! At least someone wants to play in this city

15 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Love that! At least someone wants to play in this city

He will change his mind 2 series into camp once he sees Hurts up close.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

He will change his mind 2 series into camp once he sees Hurts up close.

Lol at that time it will be too late to back out. Hopefully this is Hurts last year as our starter

• 1 month later...

Eagles have been suspiciously quiet when it comes to Garrett Wilson. This topic should probably be pinned