3 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Doesn't a sandwich artist count?

6uh86m.jpg

• Haha 2

FdXcd71XwBYBODR?format=png&name=900x900

Notes from a Russian veteran. ^^^^^

The Russian public is more bellicose than Putin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Russia’s unsustainable equipment losses in Ukraine

image.png.065572b970c9b4b66b91fffecd1daefe.pnghttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russias-unsustainable-equipment-losses-in-ukraine/ar-AA12aQO9

You could pick almost any military in the world — including the U.K., France and Germany — and these losses would exceed their total inventories.

According to the open-source database Oryx, Russia has lost 1,183 tanks and 1,304 infantry fighting vehicles since its invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24. Even more extraordinary is that Ukraine has captured a good percentage of them: 389 tanks and 415 infantry fighting vehicles, many of which, in both categories, have already been repurposed for combat against their former owners. These numbers are just the Russian losses that have been visually confirmed; the actual figures are probably much higher.

Ukraine has lost equipment, too, but not nearly as much, owing to its relative lack of hardware, careful protection of what it does possess, and the defensive nature of its war thus far: 1,627 pieces, including 267 tanks and 244 infantry fighting vehicles, as per Oryx.

On the face of it, Russian losses are unsustainable. But even more extraordinary is that its "elite” units are hemorrhaging the most materiel. After Ukraine’s Kharkiv counteroffensive, in which Kyiv is estimated to have retaken as many as 3,500 square miles, the 4th Guards Tank Division lost nearly 100 of its T-80U tanks. (The 4th Guards Tank Division is the only unit that operates this model.)

Russia is losing proportionally more of its more modern than its older tank models. For example, the T-72B3 — dating from 2010 — and T-72B3 Obr. 2016 — dating from 2016 — are two of the most common tanks lost.

• Like 1

100,000,000 sq. kilometers, 5,000,000 people and new borders gained.

Much more losing like this and Russia will border Berlin.

5 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

6uh86m.jpg

12 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Sounds legit.

6x the size of....Russia.

• Haha 2

Sanctions boomerang. :lol:

Bloomberg

Now Hiring: US Seeks Economist to Scrutinize Sanction Spillovers

• Wanted: Someone to advise on effects on markets, trade, energy
  • Job requires an undergraduate degree, Top Secret clearance

The Treasury Department is creating a new office to study the unintended consequences of sanctions -- something its critics argue should have been done years ago.

The department is advertising for a "chief sanctions economist” whose job will be to advise Treasury on everything from monetary policy to exchange rates to "energy, multilateral and bilateral assistance, official debt and related issues,” according to a job description obtained by Bloomberg News ahead of its posting. 

Russia doesn't even have control of the air over Ukraine. 

Russian equipment, what's left of it, is s***. They're arming with WWII era rifles and in some cases Mosins. They're pulling T-62s out of mothballs, and those that haven't already been stripped down and sold for parts by the corrupt Russian military are getting blown up in convoys before they hit the front.

Mobilize 300k, they're going to just get ground up. Ukraine's just taking what Russia gives it and minimizing casualties while Russia throws ill prepared and poorly equipped soldiers into the meat grinder.

I still am amazed that someone alive thinks - you know how I’ll entertain myself? I’ll troll an NFL team’s message board, but not about football. I will pretend to be some pro-Russian loon in the politics sub-forum and try to provoke reactions. 

Seems like a great way to spend your time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I still am amazed that someone alive thinks - you know how I’ll entertain myself? I’ll troll an NFL team’s message board, but not about football. I will pretend to be some pro-Russian loon in the politics sub-forum and try to provoke reactions. 

Those people have nothing else. It would be sad if it wasn't so funny.

24 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

Russia doesn't even have control of the air over Ukraine. 

Russian equipment, what's left of it, is s***. They're arming with WWII era rifles and in some cases Mosins. They're pulling T-62s out of mothballs, and those that haven't already been stripped down and sold for parts by the corrupt Russian military are getting blown up in convoys before they hit the front.

Mobilize 300k, they're going to just get ground up. Ukraine's just taking what Russia gives it and minimizing casualties while Russia throws ill prepared and poorly equipped soldiers into the meat grinder.

Literally the opposite of what's happening. Except Ukraine is just about out of everything Russian that they started with and must beg for the equipment from already depleted Western stocks. It's so bad that the Pentagon has to place orders to their pals in the MIC to get Ukraine some weapons in the future. The Germans are being pummeled for not sending more of their thin supply to Victoria Nuland's poodle. 

Hilarious.

13 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Literally the opposite of what's happening. Except Ukraine is just about out of everything Russian that they started with and must beg for the equipment from already depleted Western stocks. It's so bad that the Pentagon has to place orders to their pals in the MIC to get Ukraine some weapons in the future. The Germans are being pummeled for not sending more of their thin supply to Victoria Nuland's poodle. 

Hilarious.

6uh86m.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Everybody please read this to yourselves in a Jim Gaffigan voice.

• Haha 2

Seeing unsubstantiated but unsurprising reports that 80% of the mobilization summons are going to ethic Crimean Tatars.

Zelenskyy should drop leaflets welcoming them and offering a homestead act style recolonization of Crimea under the Ukrainian banner for any Tatar that defects to fight with Ukraine.

• Like 1

Finland on Friday said it would "significantly restrict" the number of Russian "tourists" it will permit to cross its borders as an exodus of Russian men attempt to flee and avoid conscription. 

Russia closing it's exit borders for adult males

Imagine watching Russia attack a neighbor to try and reclaim former glory. . . .

• Your invasion stalls outside the capitol, seeming to run out of fuel and will
  • Ukrainian granny welcomes Russian invaders with sunflower seeds so their corpses are useful
  • Invading troops seem to need to raid local stores in order to eat
  • People protest the war, so you arrest them
  • You're a superpower, and you cannot maintain, or establish, any air superiority against a nation begging for aircraft
  • You start running out of weapons, ammunition, vehicles and troops in a war you supposedly planned
  • All your assassins are unable to kill one man, who has spent a lot of time in one place, the place where he is known to often work
  • People protest the war, so you arrest and conscript them into service because you have no trained troops left to deploy
  • Your actions drive other nations at your door to join NATO, and cause the applications to be fast-tracked

:roll:

• Haha 1

So Putin is now personally calling the shots and has retreated to his bunker. 

tenor.png

• Haha 2

Me when I get back to the states and go back to normal work:

Screenshot_20220925-170834.png

• Haha 2