Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Just finally finished Bad Batch. Was enjoyable. Like all the tie ins of other characters and the added story depth of some other plotlines. Also was happy with how it ended.

I am now ready for new star wars content. 

• Like 1

I really hope they give Anakin/Vader the proper treatment instead of killing younglings and screaming "Noooooooooo"

• Like 2

Rumor is that all Kennedy-backed projects are going to be canceled (Rian Johnson Trilogy, etc.) 

Favreau & Filoni and other directors from The Mandalorian need to run SW content from now on.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

Favreau & Filoni and other directors from The Mandalorian need to run SW content from now on.

this times infinity. 

Getting Robert Rodriguez, Taika Waititi, Dallas Bryce Howard (Ron's daughter), and others on The Mandalorian and other TV shows is a great pathway to having good directors who are under the producing of Filoni and Favreau to make good SW content in future movies as well.  I hope they continue following that blueprint. 

Also forget trilogies, just decide what story you want to tell and however many movies it takes.  That worked for Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and others.  An epic Knights of the Old Republic series would be great.

I thought I read a few weeks ago Disney planned to release the trailer today maybe they're just waiting to officially release it.  But it's kind of underwhelming to have just a couple clips of behind the scenes interviews and clips from the prequels.  

Seems like a disappointing day for Star Wars content for Disney plus day. Thought we’d be getting a bunch of announcements and teasers. I had read there’d be a Kenobi trailer, Andor teaser, animated Maul series was to be announced, few other things. I’m still holding out hope we’ll get more then just the kenobi behind the scenes and BOBF documentary or whatever that was.

I am one of the few that liked the one off movie concepts, like Solo and Rogue One, and hope they keep injecting them into the mix with the Disney+ stuff.  There really is alot of good things coming.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I am one of the few that liked the one off movie concepts, like Solo and Rogue One, and hope they keep injecting them into the mix with the Disney+ stuff.  There really is alot of good things coming.

Pretty much everyone loved Rogue One and likes the Mandalorian.  Solo wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't a movie anyone asked for or cared to see.  The actor was absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford, and it was completely silly to explain things that did not need over explanation like how he got his name (which was incredibly lame), the dice, his gun, etc.  

They tried to do too much content going backward and forward in time between the movies and shows.  But seems like they're setting in now to a future plan.

Rogue One was great, but it would have been even better as a miniseries..... They could have done a ton more character development. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was today years old when I learned Tom Holland auditioned for the role of Finn in the third Star Wars trilogy.