Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

I didn't expect that episode; very good overall.  Bringing in the cartoons characters more was nice, and perhaps giving well loved character a better story arc is good too.  Although the voice and animation were a little off.

I'm not sure if it's misleading to call it the Book of Bobb Fett and leave the main character out so much, but as a Star Wars thing puts the films into the future past

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I didn't expect that episode; very good overall.  Bringing in the cartoons characters more was nice, and perhaps giving well loved character a better story arc is good too.  Although the voice and animation were a little off.

I'm not sure if it's misleading to call it the Book of Bobb Fett and leave the main character out so much, but as a Star Wars thing puts the films into the future past

It’s a a little strange that the title character has been the least interesting thing about this season so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

If you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about, I think the voice was perfect. The appearance was a little off but have to think about timeline for that character & how old they’d be now.

also from what I’m starting to understand is that they’re trying to have this little group together to end in a movie. So they’re using each show to keep that story going forward, but I understand cause it’s a little weird he’s barely been a thing last two episodes 

In the end, Boba had two stories completely told in 4 episodes and they had 3 episodes to go. Maybe there’s just not enough meat on the bone. Despite folks love for him.

Why did they call this boba fett anyway? This is all a big sequel to ROTJ.

• Like 1

Also 

They REALLY should've just cast Sebastian Stan if they were going to use Luke this much.

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Also 

Hide contents

They REALLY should've just cast Sebastian Stan if they were going to use Luke this much.

I'm fine with it....  FX Tech was actually much better than the last episode of Mandalorian. 

Casting someone relatively famous to play an existing character who is known for other roles usually backfires.... Look at Solo 

15 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

It’s a a little strange that the title character has been the least interesting thing about this season so far.

It looks to me that Morrison wasn't that mobile in some of the earlier eps (apart from his Ross Geller teeth), but the story did feel a bit filler ish at times.  I am enjoying it, but it doesn't really feel like a Boba Fett story now.

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

If you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about, I think the voice was perfect. The appearance was a little off but have to think about timeline for that character & how old they’d be now.

also from what I’m starting to understand is that they’re trying to have this little group together to end in a movie. So they’re using each show to keep that story going forward, but I understand cause it’s a little weird he’s barely been a thing last two episodes 

The sycn looks to be a bit off, and it's just something once I see, I can't unsee it easily.  I do like the how various stories will effectively climax into a movie and could try and retcon some of the 7. 8, 9 nastiness.  I just hope Kathleen Kennedy is nowhere near it.

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Also 

Hide contents

Spoiler

I am so intrigued at the use of CGI and how good it looked to make Luke look as we remembered him. I thought it was amazing. 

24 minutes ago, Gannan said:
  Hide contents

I am so intrigued at the use of CGI and how good it looked to make Luke look as we remembered him. I thought it was amazing. 

it was very good (and has me a little concerned about how soon the government will pull a Real Genius and snatch the technology for darker implications) but i thought (while watching and was all amped to go on hating this show with a white hot ire, couldn't use my Napoleon Fett work around with no Napoleon Fett in the episode) he looked more like a skywalker cousin or step brother. only issues i had, and agree there was a lot of filler, were the telegraphed moments in a scene (deputy was going to F it all up) and too much time showing the muppet hopping around. that in itself ruined the cgi character. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:
  Hide contents

Check out the video I posted last week below.

They use an LED screen with the scenery in the background so when they are shooting scenes, the reflections on objects (like the motorcycle in the example demo in the video) are accurate and look more real.  The lighting on characters faces, the ability to then overlay CGI and all that looks better.

ILM created this technology for the show, borrowing from how video games are done.  They first used it in The Mandalorian and now in Boba Fett.  Eventually they'll use it in the movies.

Also, the character we're talking about from last night's episode looked better in this than in an episode of the Mandalorian last year.  They're getting better.

Still, for that one I'd prefer a real actor.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, NOTW said:

Very interesting technology they're using to make the new shows.

I shared this last year, but a guy on YouTube posted his version of the "deep fake" video from Luke Skywalker in the Mandalorian season 2 finale, and did such a good job he got hired by ILM.

https://www.cnet.com/news/lucasfilm-hires-deepfake-youtuber-who-fixed-luke-skywalker-in-the-mandalorian/#:~:text=Lucasfilm hires deepfake YouTuber who fixed Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian,-Shamook's deepfake was&text=Enter the YouTuber known as,to de-age Mark Hamill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

That. Was. Awesome. 

I really hope this is all building up to a new movie. 

They're doing 2 other shows (Ashoka  something about the New Republic) and all these shows are going to culminate in a final crossover event...of course they've already all crossed over.

They're also doing pre-ep 4 shows Andor and Obi-Wan. I think they're finding their groove in the shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

They're doing 2 other shows (Ashoka  something about the New Republic) and all these shows are going to culminate in a final crossover event...of course they've already all crossed over.

They're also doing pre-ep 4 shows Andor and Obi-Wan. I think they're finding their groove in the shows.

I think the Order 66 flashback sets up Obi Wan rescuing Grogu from the Temple ..... Remember, he and Yoda return to the Jedi Temple to view the surveillance tapes... Seems like a good way to tie in both shows

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Hide contents

I think the Order 66 flashback sets up Obi Wan rescuing Grogu from the Temple ..... Remember, he and Yoda return to the Jedi Temple to view the surveillance tapes... Seems like a good way to tie in both shows

He wasn't there when that happened, unless you mean later when he arrived and found him hiding or something. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

This is what we all wanted in the sequel trilogy. 5 years after ROTJ, not 30.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

This is what we all wanted in the sequel trilogy. 5 years after ROTJ, not 30.

Yeah it would have been much better to start with the post-ROTJ world and bring in the characters from the prequels and The Clone Wars to tie it all together and move the story forward the way they are doing, and then let that lead into new characters, the remains of the Empire and Republic both trying to rebuild, power vacuums creating new enemies, etc.  That could be a long-running TV show with some movies sprinkled in like Star Trek did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He wasn't there when that happened, unless you mean later when he arrived and found him hiding or something. 

That's what I meant. 

Apparantly there's another theory out there that the old librarian lady rescued and hid him.  Apparently she survived according to one of those "canon" comic books. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

That's what I meant. 

Apparantly there's another theory out there that the old librarian lady rescued and hid him.  Apparently she survived according to one of those "canon" comic books. 

A friend of mine said 

Spoiler

It looked like someone was holding him in that scene. 

The way this show is going, watch it be Kannan from Rebels who I guess would have been a "Youngling" at that time.