Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Or at least make her a Jedi who helps Obi Wan get his powers back. 

He goes from barely having any powers to basically displaying the most power from a Jedi outside of Yoda in what felt like a week?

Have them both fight Vader and the Inquisitors in one battle.... Have her sacrifice herself so Obi Wan can escape. 

I literally just spent like 2 minutes thinking this plot up and it's better than what they came up with. 

I watched Episode 5 of obi Won last night and it wasnt that good. It had some good parts but overall it was a week episode with more young Leia poop

Another problem with the finale related to the other movies:

Spoiler

The Obi-Wan v Vader fight actually diminishes the bigger story connecting to the other movies.  The state of things after ep3 was the good guys lost, the Empire is now cemented and everyone is living in fear.  Obi-Wan 10 years later is weak and out of practice, and he does horribly in their first duel in this series.  Then not long after he's back to full strength (even more than we saw in the prequels when he was at his peak) and kicking Vader's ass and could have easily killed him...

But Vader's supposed to be the greatest, and Obi-Wan a hermit in hiding.  If Obi-Wan is capable of that, then why go into hiding again?  There are rebels at work trying to rescue people.  He's already seen other Jedi out there trying to survive.  Reva has supposedly turned good.  There's your chance.  Kill Vader for good, get Reva to help get revenge against the Empire, you're a Jedi Master and the rebellion needs you.

They needed to end it in a way that makes sense for Obi-Wan to go into hiding again.  He did it the first time because the Jedi failed and the Empire was too strong.  This time he could have ended Vader and then goes into hiding anyway.  It didn't have the same emotional weight.  They were onto something in the previous episode where Obi-Wan felt he was too old and weak to defeat Vader so he was going to instead use wisdom and strategy to make himself bait to allow the rebels to escape.  Vader should have still been much stronger.  They tried to allude to Vader having a weakness for Obi-Wan when the Emperor spoke to him in the hologram.  They could have spent more time developing that, Vader in torment over his health condition that was caused by their last fight.  Fear that Obi-Wan would do it again, Obi-Wan sensing that and commenting.  That weakness and that fear leads to Obi-Wan getting the best of him in a fight, not Obi-Wan all of a sudden becoming 10x more powerful than we've ever seen him and then just deciding to not kill him (again).  

31 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Or at least make her a Jedi who helps Obi Wan get his powers back. 

He goes from barely having any powers to basically displaying the most power from a Jedi outside of Yoda in what felt like a week?

Have them both fight Vader and the Inquisitors in one battle.... Have her sacrifice herself so Obi Wan can escape. 

I literally just spent like 2 minutes thinking this plot up and it's better than what they came up with. 

Yep, that would have been a great scene.  And made more sense that Vader is still the most powerful Jedi and Obi-Wan has his mojo back but not all of a sudden more powerful than Vader.  He uses strategy in the fight, wisdom and poking at Anakin's heart and weakness for their prior relationship and the way their fight ended on Mustafar.  Amid that, the rebels need to escape and Obi-Wan has to get Leia out of there and back to Alderaan so Reva is killed distracting Vader and Inquisitor to allow them to escape.

They left Reva and the Inquisitors alive.  They probably wanted to leave things open for a season 2 or to use those characters in the Ashoka series or other series.  

So I'm late to the Disney game but over the last couple of weeks I've watched The Mandalorian, the Obi-wan series, and I have 1 more episode of The Book of Boba Fett. I thought the Obi-Wan series was fantastic although like others have stated already, there were some things about it that were annoying, especially Reva- no idea what the purpose of her character was. Ewan Mcgregor is fantastic in his role. 

I thought The Mandalorian was fun. That last episode with Luke saving the day was great. Any thoughts on The Book of Boba Fett? I enjoy it. I like seeing the different perspective on the Tuskan Raiders as well as Fett going back to the Sarlaac Pit and him taking over Jabba's palace. I had no idea Timothy Olyphant was in the series. Loved him in Justified. I guess I'll start watching The Clone Wars next.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Of course, but I just think it's funny his tweet didn't just say the racists will hate his character too because he's black.  He specifically noted what his character DOES.  So I kept thinking there was something that would trigger racists or something.  

Anyway, there are going to be some racists and some trolls that do it to get a rise out of people.  When a small number of comments happen, people magnify them and act like it's a large portion of the fanbase, and then it becomes a narrative.  As I said before, fans had no problem with Leia in the 70s and 80s being a strong female lead, being a feminist character who steps outside the princess cliche and grabs a blaster and talks tough to the guys and takes charge.  Fans like Lando, Mace, Poe, Ashoka, Mando, Jango/Boba Fett, Fennec, etc.  There is not some giant pushback against characters who aren't white males.  White male actors who weren't good were criticized too like Hayden as Anakin and the guy who played young Han Solo.  It's not a race or gender thing.  

There is often a preemptive claim of racism or sexism when fans simply don't like a character or show.  A few fans sent Moses Ingram racist dms and that's awful.  But that doesn't mean anyone who doesn't like Reva is racist.  

lando is one of my favs, but i thought the reva character was weak. 

am i a confused racist ? 

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yeah that space scene was wet garbage. at worst, send tie fighters to take out both ships. 

vader isnt a jedi though. why did he leave reva alive ? he wasted innocent people in a village like it was nothing, but doesnt finish her for good ? plus didnt obi-won learn from the first time that he couldnt leave anikan alive ?  

its just what we see in this franchise over and over. inconsistencies. 

that said, i love this franchise and will continue to watch everything they put out and regardless of the weak writing and black hole sized plot holes, i'll probably still be entertained. 

Anakin / Vader ultimately saved the universe. It was the will of the force. 

24 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Anakin / Vader ultimately saved the universe. It was the will of the force. 

that was the original thought, but then we found out the emperor was still alive. which i still think was a BS move. bringing palpatine back was a desperate reach in an attempt to salvage the sequel trilogy. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

This is how the Qui Gon scene should gone down:

As he was sitting in the cargo hold of the freighter, he should have been having a crisis of confidence and that's when Qui Gon should have appeared.  Then, make the decision to leave and draw Vader away.

Instead we get this....

OBI-WAN KENOBI Finale Delivers Major Dark and Light Side Cameos - Nerdist

48 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

that was the original thought, but then we found out the emperor was still alive. which i still think was a BS move. bringing palpatine back was a desperate reach in an attempt to salvage the sequel trilogy. 

That's Rian Johnson's fault. He killed off Snoke and left Abram's with no villain for RoS. There was no way to introduce a new villain sufficiently in one movie, so Abrams was forced to use one we already knew. 

That entire trilogy was a train wreck. 

20 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That's Rian Johnson's fault. He killed off Snoke and left Abram's with no villain for RoS. There was no way to introduce a new villain sufficiently in one movie, so Abrams was forced to use one we already knew. 

That entire trilogy was a train wreck. 

that is was. 

so are we allowed to rip deborah chow and kathleen kennedy for the sub-par product or is that sexist ?

i know macgregor is also an exec producer, but wasn't this chow and kennedy's boat to run ? 

33 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

that is was. 

so are we allowed to rip deborah chow and kathleen kennedy for the sub-par product or is that sexist ?

i know macgregor is also an exec producer, but wasn't this chow and kennedy's boat to run ? 

I liked the Obi Wan series. I hope they do another one.  If folks want to dissect it to show how it was incongruent with the original trilogy, they can knock themselves out. It was entertaining and fun for me. I pretty much like anything Star Wars, except for TLJ which ruined that entire trilogy and I try to pretend never happened. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gannan said:

I liked the Obi Wan series. I hope they do another one.  If folks want to dissect it to show how it was incongruent with the original trilogy, they can knock themselves out. It was entertaining and fun for me. I pretty much like anything Star Wars, except for TLJ which ruined that entire trilogy and I try to pretend never happened. 

like i said earlier, regardless of the plot holes and inconsistencies, i'll be there for anything they put out and probably still find it entertaining.  

i'd def be in for another season of obi-wan. heck, give me me boba fett too. 

• Like 2

A lot of talk about a season 2, the show runners have kept the door somewhat open despite saying they envisioned this as a one-time thing.  

If there's a season 2, don't have Luke or Leia at all or even Vader.  Have Obi-Wan on some sort of other mission assisting the rebels and comes across Darth Maul.  

• Like 1

I really, really hope Taika Waititi comes up with something super cool and original with his movie, because I feel like the Skywalker stone has been bled dry 

With aim like that, Owen and Beru would have made great stormtroopers.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

You know what would have been more interesting?  Doing an episode that focused more on order 66 at the Jedi Temple instead of that brief flashback.  Focus on a Jedi who tried to help Reva escape, navigating the stormtroopers and getting to safety.  But then the Jedi is killed and Reva is captured.  Then show glimpses of the Empire converting her and other former Jedi to the dark side as Inquisitors to set the stage.  Don't have Reva wanting to kill Obi-Wan which made no sense because he wasn't responsible at all. 

So Reva is sparring with the Grand Inquisitor, showing mercy to innocent civilians and children because she's not completely evil and that being a conflict for the Grand Inquisitor and Vader, that she's too weak showing mercy.  It didn't make sense that she is supposedly out for revenge for innocent people being killed and she...kills innocent people.  The previous episode where she helped rebels escape and Vader kills her would have been a good sendoff.  Having her in the finale was dumb.

Agree.  They never made Reva a character to care about. And agree on the finale; it felt like an excuse to have her there for a shock moment we all knew wasn't going to happen.

What would have geeked out people was Asoka turning up and stopping Reva. Etc

• Like 1

Man the series itself had some ups and downs but that last fight scene was worth the whole thing. The voice switching and the blue/red Anakin/Vader good/bad visuals were a very nice touch 

QOWf9Sv.thumb.jpg.9ac1769412eab2493e44d7c9bab1b656.jpg

Does it make sense he lets him go again? Absolutely not. Do I care? Nope! 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

like i said earlier, regardless of the plot holes and inconsistencies, i'll be there for anything they put out and probably still find it entertaining.  

i'd def be in for another season of obi-wan. heck, give me me boba fett too. 

same here. I am all for more seasons and will most definitely get sucked into them, regardless if they end up being great or good episodes.

I stole this from elsewhere.

When Obi Wan let Vader live, he condemned billions of people on Alderaan to death coz reasons. Man of the year, right there

F, I forgot to cancel Disney Plus and they got me for another month lol

34 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

F, I forgot to cancel Disney Plus and they got me for another month lol

You don't want to miss new episodes of Ms Marvel.