Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Really?  She's a big time fan favorite.  She's only been in 2 live action episodes of the Mandalorian, one of them in a brief scene.  People are "tired of her?"

i think a good amount of the complainers are purest nerds that don't want to recognize the animated characters. 

When you wander away from an established canon, quality control issues creep in, especially in a badly organised company seeking to provide content asap.  I don't think it's irredeemable at this point; more annoying

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

When you wander away from an established canon, quality control issues creep in, especially in a badly organised company seeking to provide content asap.  I don't think it's irredeemable at this point; more annoying

It's been a problem since Return to the Jedi.....   They've been making it up as they go ever since. 

On 3/3/2023 at 10:13 AM, NOTW said:

Really?  She's a big time fan favorite.  She's only been in 2 live action episodes of the Mandalorian, one of them in a brief scene.  People are "tired of her?"

Yeah been seeing it more and more lately. 

18 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

It's been a problem since Return to the Jedi.....   They've been making it up as they go ever since. 

Yup. Disney really needs to hire a continuity expert if they are going to extract maximum value out of Star Wars,  Nerd rage isn't great, esp when the overall product quality is variable

51 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Yup. Disney really needs to hire a continuity expert if they are going to extract maximum value out of Star Wars,  Nerd rage isn't great, esp when the overall product quality is variable

I meant including Return of the Jedi..... 

The Leia/Luke brother/sister thing after you had scenes with them kissing.... 

Leia saying she remembered her mother, etc. 

Hell, even Vader being Luke's Father probably wasn't part of the original story and they had to write in Obi Wan's"from a certain point of view" speech 

14 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Hell, even Vader being Luke's Father probably wasn't part of the original story and they had to write in Obi Wan's"from a certain point of view" speech 

The kissing thing is odd.  Never made sense once you've seen the films. Supposedly, it was George Lucas' wife at the time that held together the first 3 films and earlier trilogy was nearer what Lucas thought without her guidance.

Post that though, the EU has done a lot of work on canon, so while Disney could and should change things around, some people have done the hard work

Enjoyed the first episode of season. I hope it sticks to a smaller stakes story that builds. 

On 3/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, iladelphxx said:

EWOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Enjoyed the first episode of season. I hope it sticks to a smaller stakes story that builds. 

Nope.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:27 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

EWOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly it was supposed to be Wookies who the Empire enslaved to help build the shield generator but they decided to go with Ewoks to sell toys 

On 3/10/2023 at 4:26 AM, iladelphxx said:

Supposedly it was supposed to be Wookies who the Empire enslaved to help build the shield generator but they decided to go with Ewoks to sell toys 

And Grogu. And BB8.  And L0-LA59.

But not JarJar Binks.

All joking aside Lucas got the mix of characters and non-film revenues absolutely spot on. Credit where credit is due

On 3/9/2023 at 11:26 PM, iladelphxx said:

yeah, heard the same thing. that's when the franchise jumped the shark for me. 

and yet here i am. :ph34r:

20 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

And Grogu. And BB8.  And L0-LA59.

But not JarJar Binks.

All joking aside Lucas got the mix of characters and non-film revenues absolutely spot on. Credit where credit is due

I'll admit that I bought the Princess Leia blow up doll, but the rest were just too craven a cash grab for me.

• Haha 3

Spoiler

That was an episode of the Mandorlorian, and not the Mandalorian.  Enjoyable beginning and end, not sure where the middle bit will end, so not sure if it was a diversion or not.  But good to see Coruscant again and attempt to push the Star Wars story from different shades of the rebellion.

I'm waiting until April to renew D+ so I only have to pay for a month and I will binge Andor and watch the Mandalorian

15 hours ago, UK Eagle said:
  Hide contents

That was an episode of the Mandorlorian, and not the Mandalorian.  Enjoyable beginning and end, not sure where the middle bit will end, so not sure if it was a diversion or not.  But good to see Coruscant again and attempt to push the Star Wars story from different shades of the rebellion.

agreed. 

Spoiler

loved the Zeb cameo this week. gotta assume we see him again in ahsoka. 

On 3/31/2023 at 8:16 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:
  Hide contents

loved the Zeb cameo this week. gotta assume we see him again in ahsoka. 

That's who it was. I knew I recognised the character and voice, but couldn't place without potentially spoiling things.

Finally watched Andor. 

I really wish they could have done this with Rogue One