Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

When Luke tells Vader he’s full of surprises his move kind of sucked 

Anyone who may find themselves in Washington, D.C, may want to stop by the National Cathedral and say hello to Darth Vader...

C_j29iDLeKoVGWNhWr5C25rm5Z85HMomJ1fffS39ke4.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, OCEaglefan said:

When Luke tells Vader he’s full of surprises his move kind of sucked 

Let's face it, Luke's skills in the entire trilogy are lacking, especially with his laser sword.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Let's face it, Luke's skills in the entire trilogy are lacking, especially with his laser sword.

even more lacking are his skills with women

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

even more lacking are his skills with women

Well to be fair,  he didn't have many choices.  His sister, his aunt and maybe the green alien chick at Jabba's palace.  That's it, 3 women in the entire galaxy.

Him being in a relationship in the EU books was really weird 

• Like 1

Huh, I'm rewatching Solo and just realized that the voice of Lando's droid L3-37 is Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the writer/actress from Fleabag.  I will henceforth only be able to think of the Millenium Falcon as an alcoholic British sex-addict.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Without reading six pages, the general agreement is that the last movie sucked the sweat off a Cowgirl's nuts?

watching the last four episodes of clone wars again, so damn good. this could've/should've been a live action movie.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, Toastrel said:

Without reading six pages, the general agreement is that the last movie sucked the sweat off a Cowgirl's nuts?

In the topic on the old board, a lot of people liked the most recent movie The Rise of Skywalker.  A bunch (like me) said it was average at best and suffered from being rushed/fast paced with too much trying to cram in (fix things people hated about TLJ, link it to all 9 movies, etc).  There were a few that said it was terrible, even the worst SW movie.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NOTW said:

In the topic on the old board, a lot of people liked the most recent movie The Rise of Skywalker.  A bunch (like me) said it was average at best and suffered from being rushed/fast paced with too much trying to cram in (fix things people hated about TLJ, link it to all 9 movies, etc).  There were a few that said it was terrible, even the worst SW movie.

I agree, I just thought it was a poor showing. There have been too many sub-par movies in the franchise, sadly.

Disney basically redid Episodes IV through VI down to the storyline with new characters while including some old ones to both appease the oldhead fans while trying to cultivate new ones.  I get what they were going for, but the new films failed to captivate me.  The Mandalorian series is better than the 3 new SW films.  With all the cannon via books after ROTJ, they could have gone so many different ways.  I know it would have been tough to keep the characters of Luke, Leia and Han going considering the ages of the actors, but they could have used the storylines with new characters, like their kids.  In the books Luke had a son named Ben.  Han and Leia had THREE kids:  Jacen, Jaina and Anakin.  They all had Force powers and were trained by Luke when he restarted the Jedi Academy.  Hell, the whole story of the SW galaxy vs the Yuuzhan Vong from another galaxy could have filled at least 3 films.  That was a great story and all they would have needed to do was tweak the characters to make their kids the main ones instead of them.  

BTW, there is an old story concerning Obi-Wan and Anakin pre-Attack Of The Clones that ties in with the Yuuzhan Vong story.  Since I read the books I sniffed it out and found that it fit nicely with the ending of the story.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:54 PM, NOTW said:

Well to be fair,  he didn't have many choices.  His sister, his aunt and maybe the green alien chick at Jabba's palace.  That's it, 3 women in the entire galaxy.

1, 3, 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading New Dawn. Sort of a Rebels prequel. It sucks. 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:37 PM, Green_Guinness said:

Disney basically redid Episodes IV through VI down to the storyline with new characters while including some old ones to both appease the oldhead fans while trying to cultivate new ones.  I get what they were going for, but the new films failed to captivate me.  The Mandalorian series is better than the 3 new SW films.  With all the cannon via books after ROTJ, they could have gone so many different ways.  I know it would have been tough to keep the characters of Luke, Leia and Han going considering the ages of the actors, but they could have used the storylines with new characters, like their kids.  In the books Luke had a son named Ben.  Han and Leia had THREE kids:  Jacen, Jaina and Anakin.  They all had Force powers and were trained by Luke when he restarted the Jedi Academy.  Hell, the whole story of the SW galaxy vs the Yuuzhan Vong from another galaxy could have filled at least 3 films.  That was a great story and all they would have needed to do was tweak the characters to make their kids the main ones instead of them.  

BTW, there is an old story concerning Obi-Wan and Anakin pre-Attack Of The Clones that ties in with the Yuuzhan Vong story.  Since I read the books I sniffed it out and found that it fit nicely with the ending of the story.

I think most of the EU post Jedi isn’t very good to be honest. I think many like it for the nostalgia of getting early 90s Star Wars in their life. It was novel at the time. Luke getting married is weird. Luke experimenting with the dark side was dumb. Lemurs that cancelled the force. 

There are a couple like Shadows of the empire that I really like. but the whole trying to make Star Wars sexy is kind of cringy in retrospect 

I didn’t read as far as the Vong people but I’ve heard people say they started getting pretty good then 

I watched ROTJ with the kids the other day. I’m fine with the Emperor being back in IX but it makes the end of VI less great 

39 minutes ago, OCEaglefan said:

I think most of the EU post Jedi isn’t very good to be honest. I think many like it for the nostalgia of getting early 90s Star Wars in their life. It was novel at the time. Luke getting married is weird. Luke experimenting with the dark side was dumb. Lemurs that cancelled the force. 

Agree. I gave up the Zahn trilogy, the first book was boring.