Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's just a link to Amazon, which uses our affiliate ID so that we get 'credit' for any purchases (I believe it sets a cookie, but I don't specifically remember). So, I do believe it's working correctly by opening your Amazon App (provided the app is a place where you make purchases, of course). 

I read some google search results and some random blogs and Quora entries said yes it will work.  Amazon's FAQ section doesn't address it.  I just made a purchase from clicking the link here, which opened my Amazon mobile app.  So curious to see if it works.

I also read that the link works for anything purchased within 24 hours so even if you logout, log back in it's supposed to work.  

There are also widgets you can place on sites to take people to it, does Invision have that capability?

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I read some google search results and some random blogs and Quora entries said yes it will work.  Amazon's FAQ section doesn't address it.  I just made a purchase from clicking the link here, which opened my Amazon mobile app.  So curious to see if it works.

I also read that the link works for anything purchased within 24 hours so even if you logout, log back in it's supposed to work.  

There are also widgets you can place on sites to take people to it, does Invision have that capability?

I'll check the portal and see if any purchases show up for today.

I had actually read something about links lasting for longer than 24 hours, 30 days comes to mind, but that might be something related to eBay 'promoted' listings. 

Invision may have something, either officially or 'community' made. I'll poke around over there and see what I can dig up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, What The F said:

I spent 14k on amazon last year. I will use the link this year... 

I just pulled my 2021 order summary, I spent $3,800 last year. I wish I could use our link, but since I opened the affiliate account, I'm forbidden from using it. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just pulled my 2021 order summary, I spent $3,800 last year. I wish I could use our link, but since I opened the affiliate account, I'm forbidden from using it. 

That.  Sucks. 

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

I just made a purchase from clicking the link here, which opened my Amazon mobile app.  So curious to see if it works.

Looking at yesterday, nothing shows as being purchased. It may not show until they actually ship it to you, though (I'm not sure). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Looking at yesterday, nothing shows as being purchased. It may not show until they actually ship it to you, though (I'm not sure). 

That's probably the issue. Most of those places charge initially but take it off your account till it's actually shipped

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's probably the issue. Most of those places charge initially but take it off your account till it's actually shipped

It could be, but if you look at the image from the other day, there's three metrics listed. "Earnings, Clicks and Ordered Items". Ordered Items will show when something's been ordered but not yet shipped. It won't convert to 'earnings' until it's been shipped (if I'm remembering right). 

Spoiler

first 5 days.PNG

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It could be, but if you look at the image from the other day, there's three metrics listed. "Earnings, Clicks and Ordered Items". Ordered Items will show when something's been ordered but not yet shipped. It won't convert to 'earnings' until it's been shipped (if I'm remembering right). 

Hide contents

first 5 days.PNG

Hmmm interesting. I know when I used this a few times it tried to get me to go on the app but I just used the website because I was afraid it would screw it up

Signed up for and used rakuten.com to make a couple of purchases. Amazon is no longer affiliated with them but tons of other sites. I may even continue to use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see that 4 people have signed up for Rakuten, now it's just a matter of making the qualifying purchases within the first 90 days. 

2 hours ago, Thing3 said:

Amazon is no longer affiliated with them but tons of other sites. I may even continue to use it.

That sucks, but most of my Amazon never fell under Rakuten as it was. There were limited categories that did and I just never seemed to buy from those categories. 

17 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I see that 4 people have signed up for Rakuten, now it's just a matter of making the qualifying purchases within the first 90 days. 

That sucks, but most of my Amazon never fell under Rakuten as it was. There were limited categories that did and I just never seemed to buy from those categories. 

Gave my wife the link, buy hoping you can find a way to load an affiliate ID into your account as she mostly uses the app.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gave my wife the link, buy hoping you can find a way to load an affiliate ID into your account as she mostly uses the app.

Found this:

Can I insert Associates Links in a Mobile App?

Approved mobile apps can participate in the Amazon Associates program; however, we ask that you please review the Mobile FAQ page as Mobile apps require a separate approval process. They will also earn advertising fees differently than links on websites.

i tried using amazon link for stuff in the past and a lot of times it never showed up for you which was a huge disappointment and part of the reason i stopped coming here to use the link each time. 

i signed up for rakuten site and as soon as i get a couple extra $$$ i’ll find one of the places to buy some stuff i need from.

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i tried using amazon link for stuff in the past and a lot of times it never showed up for you which was a huge disappointment and part of the reason i stopped coming here to use the link each time. 

i signed up for rakuten site and as soon as i get a couple extra $$$ i’ll find one of the places to buy some stuff i need from.

Sometimes the Amazon purchases take a little while to show up, depending on when they're actually shipped and officially charged to your payment method. So it could be that when I checked, they hadn't shown up yet but that's not to say they never showed up. 

For 2020, we earned almost $20. For 2021 we earned a tad over $60 and for 2022, so far, we're a tad over $30 already. So using it will definitely help.  

On 1/6/2022 at 10:36 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So far, the first five days of January have been good with the Amazon commissions. Keep using our link throughout the year and if this average holds steady, we can not only fund this upcoming year but next year too. 

first 5 days.PNG

Just seeing this now- I will start using the link!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Is this through amazon smile? Curious how you set it up

Amazon smile is different. Smile donates a percentage of your purchases to your selected nonprofit. The affiliate program is open to anyone. If EMB could get nonprofit tax status then they could register for Amazon smile but that would be a hassle.