Vic Fangio (Eagles Sr Asst) -- HIRED BY MIAMI AS DC

DeathByEagle

maybe he could be a defensive consultant or something.  ease into retirement.  

8 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

maybe he could be a defensive consultant or something.  ease into retirement.  

I was thinking that. Be a presence behind Gannon and when he Fs up, get rid of him and elevate fangio.

Jax is pursuing him already. Possibly teaming him up with Obrien 

With Jim Harbaugh thinking of coming back, wonder if he hooks up with Fangio again. The two have history together

Image the Eagles FO keeping Gannon and this scheme? We can not complete with him at DC. Id love to see where all the people are at who said Gannon was improving. 

Exactly how I thought it would go. bend and break defense

Back to 80+ %comp rating for a QB that has any brain. 

Vic Flangio is the type of DC we need. Someone with some balls. 

Only way we get him this offseason if someone is foolish enough to hire Gannon as their HC. Granted two teams have already offered him interviews so it's not far fetched.

This front office is not firing anyone after making a playoff appearance in a rebuilding year even if they probably should.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Only way we get him this offseason if someone is foolish enough to hire Gannon as their HC. Granted two teams have already offered him interviews so it's not far fetched.

This front office is not firing anyone after making a playoff appearance in a rebuilding year even if they probably should.

I don't think any team is hiring Gannon. I think they are interviewing him as "part of the process".

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sure glad Gannon is still here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 8:21 PM, JohnB said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sure glad Gannon is still here.

Are you?

Our best hope now is that the Cardinals somehow prefer Gannon over the Bengals DC Lou Anaraumo (who I'm surprised hasn't been up for HC consideration sooner, underrated coach), or the Colts take Anaraumo over Steichen, limiting the Cardinals options.

If we're lucky, we can snag Gus Bradley from the Colts if the new HC is a defensive minded coach instead of Steichen. Sirianni coached with the Chargers in 2017 for one season when Bradley was there.

Romeo Crennel would have been another good option with ties to Sirianni, if he wasn't 75 years old.

Of course I wouldn't be opposed if the team is open minded enough to branch outside of the Sirianni tree for DC candidates, but realistically speaking I think he'll pick someone he knows.

5 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Are you?

yes. He clearly didn't have his best output yesterday in the 2nd half, but maybe without him we wouldn't have made it this far

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

yes. He clearly didn't have his best output yesterday in the 2nd half, but maybe without him we wouldn't have made it this far

He got schooled... his inexperience showed big.

13 hours ago, judunno said:

He got schooled... his inexperience showed big.

Yes he did, but the only way to fix inexperience is to actually get experience. Have to hope (if he is still here and not in AZ next year) that he learned from that experience. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Yes he did, but the only way to fix inexperience is to actually get experience. Have to hope (if he is still here and not in AZ next year) that he learned from that experience. 

You can fix inexperience by getting an experienced coordinator as well. Lovie Smith is available ... Super Bowl experience.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

He was completely outcoached in the 2nd half by Reid / Bieniemy and his scheme is always exposed by the better QBs.  Year 1 the excuse was he didn't have the horses.  Well Howie made sure he had them this year and same result.  He needs to go.  

• Like 1