Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

Foreskins. 

"The foreskins have been penetrating the steel curtain all night long" - Chris Collinsworthless, SNF Steelers vs Foreskins, 2022

• Haha 1

'lil Danny should go full heel by follow the Cleveland Browns example, then they would end up as the Washington Snyders. 

One can only dream

On 1/7/2022 at 8:55 PM, NCTANK said:

this is so damn weird. they’ll always be the Redskins to me.

Same here. I'm, of course, no Redskins fan but I grew up in a house of Redskins fans and within very short driving distance to RFK Stadium. 

If they want to disown the name because they say it's offensive, that's their decision and choice. But if they're going to do that, then go all the way and rebuke the entire history. Turn it over to the league and make the Washington "Whatevers", a new franchise whose history dates back to the name change and no further. Otherwise, it's just lip service. The 'Washington Whatevers' have zero Super Bowl victories, so zero Lombardi trophies and zero NFL championships. They came into being in 2019 (or was it 2020?). 

That franchise is the only franchise in the NFC East without an NFL Championship. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Dear God, no! We want him there for another 50 years!

He's still tied for youngest owner at 55.

2013:

Daniel Snyder is owner of the Washington pro football team he grew up adoring. Would he ever consider changing the team name that many American Indians and others believe is a racial slur?

"We will never change the name of the team,. As a lifelong Redskins fan, and I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what it's all about and what it means, so we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season."

What if his football team loses an ongoing federal trademark lawsuit? Would he consider changing it then?

"We'll never change the name," he said. "It's that simple. NEVER — you can use caps."

2022:

crying-dan-snyder.gif

Snyder is so close to losing ownership of the team due to the disgusting toxic work environment that developed in his tenure. I think his hand is forced. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:16 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I still can't believe they didn't even consider Pigskins.

Pigs would be offended

They are catching so much flack around the area it’s hilarious. I really feel bad for their fans though.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, toolg said:

Snyder is so close to losing ownership of the team due to the disgusting toxic work environment that developed in his tenure. I think his hand is forced. 

Just the opposite.  Before the recent investigation, 'lil Danny had a couple minority partners.   Due to all the swirl and with threats that 'lil Danny could link the crap Bruce Allen was saying, to those minority owners,  he was able to buy out their % of the WooFT, at a reduced price. Hell, the NFL even changed their rules to allow 'lil Danny to leverage himself even more to buy out those minority owners.  

'lil Danny has never had MORE power, than he has now, don't kid yourself.

The ONLY thing that would cause him issues is his inability to get a new stadium deal.  His name is pure poison in the DMV area, so this really is the sword of Damocles, over his head. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Joe Theismann has revealed the name two days in advance because he has a big mouth. It's going to be Commanders. Washington fans are overwhelmingly disappointed. I'd say it's about 90% against. 

They had two years to get this right, and they chose a name that is going to be shortened to Commies. Hilarious.

• Haha 2

Sounds like a semi pro team.  

so…. Perfect

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Admirals would have been better, IMO.

Yes Admirals would have been better.

They should've at least gone with Commandos.

• Haha 1