Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

So, we can all agree on calling them the Washington Commodes, right?

ThisWelcomeHornshark-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this on another site:

So the franchise had to rebrand because the last name was "racist." So lets scrap the logo that was created by a Native American. And then let's rebrand the entire franchise to a US military theme. The same US military that basically wiped out these same Native Americans and forced them onto reservations.

Perfect. Oh the IRONY!

How did the grand opening of their team store with the new merchandise go?

0mV9eCb.png

When I was working in NEPA in 2016, I saw a longer line at the grand opening of the new Subway.  And before you point out that the Subway was giving away coupons for one free footlong a week for a year, they were giving away free merchandise as well.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toty said:

Washington teams named after military ranks... doesn't always go well...

200w.gif

They also had the Bullets but had to change it for appropriating Chicago culture. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Ouch! What a token name...

the Washington Bitcoins.......meh.

here we were worried about losing the rights to the Washington 4skins and they solve the issue on their own...

thats-gold-jerry.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Saw this on another site:

So the franchise had to rebrand because the last name was "racist." So lets scrap the logo that was created by a Native American. And then let's rebrand the entire franchise to a US military theme. The same US military that basically wiped out these same Native Americans and forced them onto reservations.

Perfect. Oh the IRONY!

Haha, so true. 

Wipe out their how identity.

Team-America.jpg

1 hour ago, DBW said:

image.thumb.png.f4b0fdac13c15d1e224600ba8c34a4dc.png

The first computer I ever used was a C64, I actually still have it up in my attic. It was a great computer for its day. 

• Like 1

Welp I hated this damn team more than any of our other division opponents and now...... I don't even think I can handle watching the Eagles play them anymore, I can't stand this effing team it burns me to my core!!

I think I kinda like the 'Washington Football Team' name more.

Original. Unique to the NFL. Just modify the uniforms and you had something!!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, Talonblood said:

It's going to be announced on February 2nd. Why February 2nd, of all dates? Because it's Ground Hogs Day.

What better day to announce the new name, when that new name is:

The Washington Red Hogs.

Book it.

I was.... I was.... I was ...wr... wrrrrr....wrrroo...wrooonn.....

CarefreeSphericalHypsilophodon-max-1mb.gif

21 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I think I kinda like the 'Washington Football Team' name more.

Original. Unique to the NFL. Just modify the uniforms and you had something!!

The Washington Football Team.... sounds like a robot that doesn't have an ounce of creativity named it.

7 hours ago, paco said:

How did the grand opening of their team store with the new merchandise go?

0mV9eCb.png

When I was working in NEPA in 2016, I saw a longer line at the grand opening of the new Subway.  And before you point out that the Subway was giving away coupons for one free footlong a week for a year, they were giving away free merchandise as well.  

They were afraid those gates might break and they would fall and get hurt....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

That's some ugly sheeet right there. Embarrassing. 

They had two years and that's all that they could come up with. That organization is a complete disaster.  The NFL needs to get Snyder out of there.

• Thanks 2

Those new uniforms make the Washington Commanders look like a poor man's Arizona State football 😆

Should have stuck with Washington Football Team or something other than Commander.

I think the design is OK.  It´s clean, kinda old school.  Doesn´t have the wow factor of some other recent redesigns (Chargers/Bucs).  It's also got a heavy collegiate/high school vibe.  Fits in with the look of teams in the division but I'd say Ravens/Broncos/Titans all pegged better pro looks.  Plain is still better than a semi pro looking mess like the Jaguars or Patriots (Pats unis are absolutely awful and their success has made us overlook it).

Speaking of, Eagles need a redesign in the worst way.  Traditionally one of the best looking unis in the league is looking outdated mediocre to borderline eyesore bad.