Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

Now The Hawaiians can finally hand the title of dumbest team name over to a worthy successor.  Or maybe not.  It's a toss-up.

The Hawaiians- Gene Sanny.jpg

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Speaking of, Eagles need a redesign in the worst way.  Traditionally one of the best looking unis in the league is looking outdated mediocre to borderline eyesore bad.

1d8acd8c6e8e337ce31bef84a8636491.jpg

and for my opinion on bringing back the Kelly green looking so great...

drcox-meme.jpg

They should have used a Wu-Tang name generator 

4 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

1d8acd8c6e8e337ce31bef84a8636491.jpg

and for my opinion on bringing back the Kelly green looking so great...

drcox-meme.jpg

I'm not even talking about Kelly Green.  But the Midnight Green has gotten too irish-y over the years.  The fonts and stripes are all outdated.  Even details like the socks and yes these little things add up to an outdated eyesore.  I'm also in favor of putting more silver back in.

Right now, for the first time in history, the Jets look hands down meaner and slicker than the Eagles.  That's just wrong.

23 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think the design is OK.  It´s clean, kinda old school.  Doesn´t have the wow factor of some other recent redesigns (Chargers/Bucs).  It's also got a heavy collegiate/high school vibe.  Fits in with the look of teams in the division but I'd say Ravens/Broncos/Titans all pegged better pro looks.  Plain is still better than a semi pro looking mess like the Jaguars or Patriots (Pats unis are absolutely awful and their success has made us overlook it).

Speaking of, Eagles need a redesign in the worst way.  Traditionally one of the best looking unis in the league is looking outdated mediocre to borderline eyesore bad.

Of course you do :lol:

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

But the Midnight Green has gotten too irish-y over the years.

italian green ? no thank you.

Italy-Official-Government-Flags_263_F.jp

i couldn't disagree more; i have loved the dark midnight green since they brought it on and still think the eagleshead logo is up to date. it's in constant motion as are the helmet wings. 

I wouldn't mind going back to the mid 90s alternate style for the letterhead.

1442_philadelphia_eagles-wordmark-1996.p

11 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

italian green ? no thank you.

Italy-Official-Government-Flags_263_F.jp

i couldn't disagree more; i have loved the dark midnight green since they brought it on and still think the eagleshead logo is up to date. it's in constant motion as are the helmet wings. 

I wouldn't mind going back to the mid 90s alternate style for the letterhead.

1442_philadelphia_eagles-wordmark-1996.p

The Jets are wearing dark green & white w/alt black better than we are.  They cleaned up and updated before Eagles and now they own the scheme. 

New York Jets Uniforms 2019-20 - Nike News

Here they are side by side.  You tell me which scheme pops and yells Green and White.  Look at the fonts/socks/stripes it's no contest.  No matter which green eagles keep this needs an update.  I'd prefer Kelly Green or army green to Midnight.  The midnight has too much blue in it, giving the jerseys a sort of tealish look that's out of style, but more importantly bring back the silver because without we are just the Jets 2.0

Eagles-Jets, Arcega-Whiteside, preseason tie - The Morning Call

36 minutes ago, paco said:

In my experience the football community cries bloody murder at pretty much every new uni until they get used to them.  they will do the same with this one.  There is nothing ridiculous about this uni, ya'll are just thrashing on them because you hate the team.  

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

The Jets are wearing dark green & white w/alt black better than we are.  They cleaned up and updated before Eagles and now they own the scheme. 

I couldn't disagree more. that's a fine looking uniform but that green is closer to packers green with the yellow hue mixed in, imho. the best updated uniform all around are the browns. 

Here they are side by side.  You tell me which scheme pops and yells Green and White.  Look at the fonts/socks/stripes it's no contest.  No matter which green eagles keep this needs an update.  I'd prefer Kelly Green or army green to Midnight.  The midnight has too much blue in it, giving the jerseys a sort of tealish look that's out of style, but more importantly bring back the silver because without we are just the Jets 2.0

Eagles-Jets, Arcega-Whiteside, preseason tie - The Morning Call

again, i disagree. with the whites the Eagles midnight green/black flows a million times better as a Pro team's colors. Jets look good in green, yes but still collegic to me in font and color hue. keep that damn silver out. if i never see that POS tone again, it'd be too soon. Always always hated that silver. On the helmet, fine. 

In my experience the football community cries bloody murder at pretty much every new uni until they get used to them.  they will do the same with this one.  There is nothing ridiculous about this uni, ya'll are just thrashing on them because you hate the team.  

sir, i disagree. in reality i barely think about the condoms unless we are playing them on that day. i look at the vagiants and cowgirls as more rivals than the condoms. 

trust me, that marketing scheme is a nightmare. people should be fired regardless of opinion of the work but for the lack thereof. 

meanwhile over at skins.com.... i'm wondering if i am supposed to PM this guy :ph34r:

NObU9KN.png

I am going to just call them 'Washington'. 

I can't really fathom saying 'Can't wait for Eagles/Commanders game this week'. :blink:

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I couldn't disagree more. that's a fine looking uniform but that green is closer to packers green with the yellow hue mixed in, imho. the best updated uniform all around are the browns. 

I'll go ahead and call these Commanders unis the best unis in the NFC East.  The matte look on the helmet is nice (black glossy alt), they've updated to a modern burgundy, the #'s are looking good.  Overall these unis are growing on me, even the absurdly blocky and wide W.  Commanders is understated, its not bad.  I'd say it's about as good as Titans or Ravens and those are aging very well.  I'd rank the NFC East;  1.Washington 2.Eagles (nice concept needs update) 3. Cowboys (those technicolor mismatched pants have got to go!) 4. Giants (worst retro fail uni to ever become primary)

When you look at the modern unis that are kicking arse you see 3 big trends:

1.  Bright & Clean (Chargers/Rams/Dolphins/Jets)

2.  Matte & Classic (Browns/Vikes)

3. Chromatic (Notre Dame/Washington State)

I'd love to see an NFL use these modern chromatic techniques.  Eagles Silver Wings on helmets would look great.  49ers could also use an update to something like Notre Dame.  Bucs pewter could do it also.

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

meanwhile over at skins.com....

I gave a like to your posts over there. Just a slight nod to an Eagles brethren.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welp I hated this damn team more than any of our other division opponents and now...... I don't even think I can handle watching the Eagles play them anymore, I can't stand this effing team it burns me to my core!!

They are the goofy redheaded stepchild to laugh at.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I gave a like to your posts over there. Just a slight nod to an Eagles brethren.

I was wondering who the hell that was.

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'll go ahead and call these Commanders unis the best unis in the NFC East.  The matte look on the helmet is nice (black glossy alt), they've updated to a modern burgundy, the #'s are looking good.  Overall these unis are growing on me, even the absurdly blocky and wide W.  Commanders is understated, its not bad.  I'd say it's about as good as Titans or Ravens and those are aging very well.  I'd rank the NFC East;  1.Washington 2.Eagles (nice concept needs update) 3. Cowboys (those technicolor mismatched pants have got to go!) 4. Giants (worst retro fail uni to ever become primary)

When you look at the modern unis that are kicking arse you see 3 big trends:

1.  Bright & Clean (Chargers/Rams/Dolphins/Jets)

2.  Matte & Classic (Browns/Vikes)

3. Chromatic (Notre Dame/Washington State)

I'd love to see an NFL use these modern chromatic techniques.  Eagles Silver Wings on helmets would look great.  49ers could also use an update to something like Notre Dame.  Bucs pewter could do it also.

12 hours ago, paco said:

it's more about the state of NFC east unis than saying this one is awesome.  This uni is Ok, not an eyesore, but pretty bland.

Where's that guy who relentlessly defended Washington on the old board and was a huge RGIII fan? NIBChild or something like that. Dude was always fun to mess with.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mat said:

They should have used a Wu-Tang name generator 

Or they could have asked me, I would have suggested The Washington Wrath

58 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Or they could have asked me, I would have suggested The Washington Wraiths

FYP to something I could get behind.  Their owner is scum.  Their OG owner was a POS.  Might as well embrace being something evil