What The F

Netflix Instant Recommendations

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

disclaimer for anyone who gets excited to watch this based off of this synopsis - it's a modern day Phone Booth, except instead of talking through the phone in the phone booth the whole time, Colin Farrell (Jake Gyllenhall) is a 911 call operator (suspended police officer) talking and moving the plot forward this way. 

Not to crap on your post, but this kinda movie def isn't for everyone. 

Hide contents

Technically, I think this should be viewed through the prism of one of Michael Flanagans' joints (hey Spike Lee) , rather Netflixs. 

A lot of this was a simple love letter to himself and his catholic faith. That comes out through the annoyingly long monologues. He also is 3 years recently sober, so he's sympathizing and associating himself with the Riley character a lot as well. 

To bring it back to his catalogue, this definitely isn't as good as Haunting of Hill House, but it's certainly better than Bly Manor. I would also probably put this above Doctor Sleep, (too huge of shoes to fill) Oculus and Geralds Game. Either way I appreciate his presence in the horror scene right now and the new content he's been putting out recently.

I'd also compare it to Buried with Ryan Reynolds. 

23 hours ago, BFit said:

That's a good point. I did like the phone booth movie too, so maybe I'm tolerant enough to stick through a movie like that. My wife didn't enjoy, but sure went to bed before the twists started

I've come to realize that I almost always like these movies by default, because right away initial criticisms of them are just outrage from mouth breathers of "StUPiD, ThE wHoLe MoViE tAkEs PlAcE aLl iN tHe SaMe PlAcE." If they're done right you don't need a lot of visual elements and you can play along and listen to the story develop all in that one general setting.  

It undeniably does have some dark elements to it, so much so that the premise makes a lot more sense. I won't even put a spoiler tag comment here in re: to what I'm talking about, bc the crime is that bad/disturbing. So yeah we didn't need to see THAT part. 

Lost in Space, Season 3, December 1

• Like 2

Narcos: Mexico, Season 3, 11/5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I've come to realize that I almost always like these movies by default, because right away criticisms of them are met with outrage from mouth breathers of "StUPiD, ThE wHoLe MoViE tAkEs PlAcE aLl iN tHe SaMe PlAcE." If they're done right you don't need a lot of visual elements and you can play along and listen to the story develop all in that one general setting.  

It undeniably does have some dark elements to it, so much so that the premise makes a lot more sense. I won't even put a spoiler tag comment here in re: to what I'm talking about, bc the crime is that bad/disturbing. So yeah we didn't need to see THAT part. 

To the part you're alluding to, that caught me so off guard. I loved how from that moment in the movie till the end was like the last half of a good rollercoaster where it just throws you every which way

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Narcos: Mexico, Season 3, 11/5

Yep.  Saw this last week.  Might be my favorite show (if not, then top 3) on Netflix.  Can't wait.  

Night Teeth started off nice but then ended meh

Sydney Sweeney had some nice cleavage but it was really just an appearance. Not sure why her and Megan Fox were even in the trailer. All you saw of Megan was her face

If you want to see Sydney nude again then watch The Voyeurs on Amazon

On 10/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, BFit said:

That's a good point. I did like the phone booth movie too, so maybe I'm tolerant enough to stick through a movie like that. My wife didn't enjoy, but sure went to bed before the twists started

I remember liking Phone Booth a lot when I saw it for the first time (around 04?). I rewatched it again a couple years back and thought it wasn't great. It's also like a 70 minute movie with credits taken out. 

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Night Teeth started off nice but then ended meh

Sydney Sweeney had some nice cleavage but it was really just an appearance. Not sure why her and Megan Fox were even in the trailer. All you saw of Megan was her face

If you want to see Sydney nude again then watch The Voyeurs on Amazon

To get people to watch a movie full of relatively unknown actors. 

Agreed with the movie review though. Good concept, started off interesting, then barely went anywhere.