How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

• No, seen all I need to see
    • Yes, he is still young and can get better

15 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I also wonder if there is such a Stat as how many wide open WRs has a QB missed throwing to over a season. 

mistakes per game?

missed read on open receivers?

how do you measure incompetence?

lack of tangible results

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

Doesn't matter what will or won't happen, the QB debate never ends for decades.  If they bring in a new QB it will be debating that QB vs Hurts vs Minshew, you'll have Wentz and Foles mentioned here and there.  It never stops.  The only time in recent memory we didn't have a QB controversy was when Wentz was playing lights out in 2017 before he got hurt.  Most fans finally thought we had the long-term answer.  Remember, at one time there were fans calling for Butt Fumble Sanchez to start over Foles.

Ah yes, I remember that.....I never thought in a million years that ANYONE would want buttfumble to start for this team....

21 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Do you think Hurts should interview for offensive coordinator in Denver next year? LOL. I love when the Eagle fans show so much negativity to a QB, who the team just endorsed for next year. 

I think people should just like him, simply because it takes the same amount of time as hating him. LOL

because he isnt any good

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Swoop said:

Growth!!!!!!

At this rate, he'll be an average QB a decade from now.

As long as there are wins and playoffs.   Hurts was the top runner at QB, and that matters, it brings wins.

44 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Showing support for Hurts equates to showing malice towards our offense.

Running QBs are better.  You've been attacking the QB who took the Eagles to the playoffs.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

As long as there are wins and playoffs.   Hurts was the top runner at QB, and that matters, it brings wins.

And early playoff exits because he can't throw.

On 1/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've actually showed a lot of support for Hurts throughout the season. I don't hate him in the least but, I can not hate him and still think he isn't the answer. 

The team endorsing a player or a coach for next year right now means absolutely nothing. 

Agree.

No one ..ever is The answer. They are simply an answer / the best player available.

We will see in 2023 if one of the top QBs is attainable, if we have enough draft capital to move up. I expect Eagles to possibly trade one of the 1st rounders this year for a 2023 1st rounder.

We need to burn another year and run with Hurts.

If Hurts bombs, then Eagles will be picking high to select the future signal caller for the franchise... 

Please no Deshaun Watson, Wilson or Rodgers etc...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Running QBs are better.  You've been attacking the QB who took the Eagles to the playoffs.

Running QB’s are ok. Unfortunately ours doesn’t have the Q part down well. 

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Agree.

No one ..ever is The answer. They are simply an answer / the best player available.

We will see in 2023 if one of the top QBs is attainable, if we have enough draft capital to move up. I expect Eagles to possibly trade one of the 1st rounders this year for a 2023 1st rounder.

Hell, they could fall in love with a prospect this year even in the relatively weak class and decide that guy is it.

Hurts gives them the luxury of time - they aren’t desperate so don’t need to force anything. Can wait till a guy they have high conviction on comes along.

• Like 1

Should be open competition for next season. The draft should be saved for other pieces and overspending a FA would be a waste as this team needs a couple of years at least.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mihailo said:

Should be open competition for next season. The draft should be saved for other pieces and overspending a FA would be a waste as this team needs a couple of years at least.

It should be but unless they bring in a pretty good veteran I'm not sure it will be. If they bring in a back up instead of Minshew then that's not going to be competition. If they bring in a second round or later QB then that's development. If they bring in a first round pick then I think they sit them at least for a few weeks behind Hurts. I just don't see there being competition in any circumstances to be honest. Unless like I say they bring in a decent veteran but then who?

Hurts is issue is simple, learn to throw those timing patterns throws or  move on.

3rd downs , he can improvise and try to find a WR with scrambling 

Either 

1) Howie is committed to Jalen Hurts

-Jalen is starter next year

-We build via free agency and draft around Jalen 

Or

2) Howie is blowing smoke / playing poker

-We say we will start Jalen, but will move in another direction given the opportunity

-It serves Eagles and Hurts to preserve Hurts' value in the market as a starter (as if other orgs are blind)  (there is always a foolish team to be scammed in a QB trade)

Wohoo! Now we can go get Rodgers so he can blow it here for another season or two for three first round picks and retire! 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wohoo! Now we can go get Rodgers so he can blow it here for another season or two for three first round picks and retire! 

Rodgers is great, but how long does he want to play. Dude is 38 and threatening to retire.

That's a lot of draft capital we could use to fix other parts of the team or draft a younger player.

And, not sure Rodgers would want to come here.

Not sure Green Bay would trade him. Rodgers could force a trade. "Ain't playing through rebuild."

And Rodgers could probably approve/disapprove of the destination. "Ain't going to Lions, Jets, Jags, Texans, Dolphins . . . Washers, Colts . . . Eagles"

There you go. He ain't coming to Philly.

2 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Rodgers is great, but how long does he want to play. Dude is 38 and threatening to retire.

That's a lot of draft capital we could use to fix other parts of the team or draft a younger player.

And, not sure Rodgers would want to come here.

Not sure Green Bay would trade him. Rodgers could force a trade. "Ain't playing through rebuild."

And Rodgers could probably approve/disapprove of the destination. "Ain't going to Lions, Jets, Jags, Texans, Dolphins . . . Washers, Colts . . . Eagles"

There you go. He ain't coming to Philly.

It was never a feasible idea to begin with. It is just the overreacting nature of this fan base. The guy isn’t coming here and frankly I wouldn’t want him for the exact reasons you mentioned. Let some other team give up a bunch of high picks cause they think they’re a quarterback away from something. 

• Like 1

I'll feel the same as I did before he was drafted, after he was drafted, after he played a few games to end the 2020 season and after a season as the starter.  And that is that is he is NOT an NFL QB.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Either 

1) Howie is committed to Jalen Hurts

-Jalen is starter next year

-We build via free agency and draft around Jalen 

Or

2) Howie is blowing smoke / playing poker

-We say we will start Jalen, but will move in another direction given the opportunity

-It serves Eagles and Hurts to preserve Hurts' value in the market as a starter (as if other orgs are blind)  (there is always a foolish team to be scammed in a QB trade)

Or what I think:

3) Howie is not committed to Hurts, but sees potential and would ideally like another year to see how he develops. Howie would not mind upgrading Hurts, but recognises we have a lack of cap space and a real need to add young talent to the rest of the team and particularly the defense. 

We are paying Hurts next to nothing, so why not roll with him for another year, whilst building the team, which would greatly help any future QB as well as Hurts.

• Like 4