Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Why would you draft a WR high when you can't get the ball to the good one you have enough?  Playing a rookie with Hurts would just stunt that guys development.  The problem is the QB at this point not the receivers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Why would you draft a WR high when you can't get the ball to the good one you have enough?  Playing a rookie with Hurts would just stunt that guys development.  The problem is the QB at this point not the receivers

Because you are rebuilding this team with another QB in mind.

Hurts should have no bearing on this draft, he's a stopgap QB, not the franchise QB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Because you are rebuilding this team with another QB in mind.

Hurts should have no bearing on this draft, he's a stopgap QB, not the franchise QB.

Players still need to develop. Putting them in a bad situation for a year isn't optimal.  You'd be either hurting that guy or hurting DeVonta or both. There just aren't enough good passes to go around right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Players still need to develop. Putting them in a bad situation for a year isn't optimal.  You'd be either hurting that guy or hurting DeVonta or both. There just aren't enough good passes to go around right now. 

Considering at minimum Brian Johnson has been at pro days for all the QB’s (including Sam Howell today) so far, they took Pickett out to dinner, Howie went to the Pitt/UNC game last year, etc. don’t be surprised if they take a QB. 

• Like 1

brand spankin new highlight vid of one of Beast's top safeties Marquise Bell

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if Nike will have enough time to create two Kelly Green QB gloves…

image.jpeg.af5e4df241c94294a4b306c9d69b872e.jpeg

• Haha 3

Eagles owner and GM further commit to QB Jalen Hurts and the blog dives deeper into the desperation of the Eagles drafting a QB in the first.

jalen-hurts.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

A90EC905-EE99-4ADA-9EA7-C394439C4D90.jpeg
spacer.png

mannnnnn, that looks so nice.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Still annoys me how the Eagles introduced the rule change to allow for different color helmets for uniform alts that goes into effect this season but the Eagles won't have the kelly green this season because they missed the deadline for submitting it two years ago.  

yup. such a typical Eagles thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Eagles owner and GM further commit to QB Jalen Hurts and the blog dives deeper into the desperation of the Eagles drafting a QB in the first.

The GM who said this about Derek Barnett. It’s all lip service.

The team feels a different way about him,” Roseman said. "You can go to the leaders on the team, you go around the building and ask people about Derek Barnett, you ask our players, you ask our strength coaches, you ask our position coaches, our head coach, our coordinators and they go, ‘I love Derek Barnett. I love how he plays, I love his mentality, I love his work ethic, I love his leadership.’ For us, I think we see it differently than (the way fans do)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Teams are taking away Smith, they aren't scared of Ward and Reagor.  Watkins can get down the field but really isn't much of a threat intermediate or short throws.  Give us a guy on the other side that can 1 on 1s, win 50-50 balls, move the chains and create some YAC.  

There are some options in the 1st round.  Williams is the most explosive but coming off an injury.  Burks is a tough runner and can run through some tackles.  Watson though can do both and he isn't coming of an injury.  I agree with Chris Simms that he is one of the top Wrs in this draft.  Pierce is a guy that they may get in the 2nd but I really like the intangibles of Watson with his work ethic.

I would love to get a guy like Wyatt, a CB (McDuffie or Booth) and Watson.  With a first round pick, you lock them up for 5 years.  Create a good foundation for the future whoever is behind center

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

This place and just social media will be something else if we happen to get swept by the Commies

I fully expect wentz in Washington to he like DeSean in Washington. Absoluely torching us every game

3 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Black helmet with black helmet 🤣

EMB Dark Helmet funny.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

40 times are not indicative of how players perform in the NFL. Game speed is a completely different animal than running a straight line for 40 yards.

I've been watching the NFL for 20+ years now. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea how to contextually take 40 times and how they apply to games.

So yeah, a guy who runs a 4.7 can't play single high. He can't cover any WR. And he will be a giant liability outside the numbers

The Eagles should not be using a first round pick on a box safety in today's NFL

9 hours ago, ManuManu said:

All the way out on that Barnett deal. No wonder the contract details were slow to leak. It was a bad deal for Howie and somehow less than Barnett thought he could get. 

I wonder if there are penalties disguised as incentives that tie to his bad penalty habits.  Say $xxx if he keeps his roughing the passer penalties below 2.  Took a long time to release the contract details which makes me wonder if the League and/or NFLPA were slow to approve or even required some modifications. 

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. Does he have one leg that’s six inches longer than the other?

In 3 months this will be forgotten and his combine time of 4.59, that was done electronically, will be his official time going forward.  

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The GM who said this about Derek Barnett. It’s all lip service.

Leave him be. He’s almost balls deep! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Play Minshew then.

• Like 1

The good news is that Siriani said we need to get better passing the ball.

With the praise he heaps on Hurts, that statement can be taken as criticism of the receiving options. 

With that said, Smith is a homerun. Goedert is excellent. If they draft another 1st rounder, or make an impactful trade at some point, Hurts will be out of excuses and theyll be forced to face the truth and move on.

We will come to the end of the road with Hurts one way or another. By the end of this season at the latest. Sooner if we are lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

With the praise he heaps on Hurts, that statement can be taken as criticism of the receiving options. 

With that said, Smith is a homerun. Goedert is excellent. If they draft another 1st rounder, or make an impactful trade at some point, Hurts will be out of excuses and theyll be forced to face the truth and move on.

We will come to the end of the road with Hurts one way or another. By the end of this season at the latest. Sooner if we are lucky.

Hopefully but there's the real scenario where he's the same guy with a small improvement. Lurie is delusional at this point about the state of the franchise which really hasn't been competitive with top tiers teams for over a decade outside of the magical season

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

This is why I'm fine either way. Get a legitimate #2 WR and we can fully evaluate Hurts without any question marks at the end of the season. Either he cuts it or he doesn't.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, uncphillyfan said:

Tiger sighting. I hope he plays. 

He Played 18 today. 

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

If you can get a guy who you think will be special then get him even if your QB is not good.  They won't go several years with a bad QB.  If Jalen doesn't improve significantly as a passer in 2022 they will be moving on.  

Keep in mind the honest NFL twitter made the WRs aside from Smith sound like a group of doofuses that had no idea what they were doing last year. This was the selling point on Paschal- to act as a player coach for the group. Because apparently they didnt get adequate coaching from our actual coaching stafff.

Smith was well polished coming in to the NFL. Reagor, Watkins, JJAW, not polished at all.

In the draft its probably best to focus on the WRs with good polish on their game. Maybe not Watson. Maybe not even Wilson or Williams. But yes to Olave, Metchie, and Pickens. These are guys who have run the full route tree, and run them well, and big time programs.

8 hours ago, Utebird said:

His length paired with his instincts and football speed make up for a lot.

He's 6'4" if he was 5'10" and ran a 4.7 and looked slow on tape id be worried. 

Kam chancellor ran a 4.7 and was a pro bowler and intricate I'd argue most valuable part of the legion of boom.

Kyle Hamilton can be that type of player and showed more on tape than chancellor did in college.

Kam was a SS backed by a FS with speed and CB level coverage skills.  Neither did as well without the other. 

• Like 1