Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

The worst thing is I don't think it was panic. Howie legit liked Reagor more which is embarrassing. 

Howie wasn't the only NFL guy that liked reagor, he had some buzz in the scouting community, on tape in college he played faster than he has to date.

In college he played around 185 pounds and now he's around 200 poynds and with the added weight he looks and plays sluggish.

There were plenty of mocks that had reagor in the late 1st early second so it's not like he was a consensus 2nd 3rd day guy that Howie totally reached on.

Jefferson going next pick and blowing up made the pick look even worse but at the time it wasn't as erroneous as TATE makes it out to be 

In retrospect it looks awful, in real time it wasnt that bad 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

The worst thing is I don't think it was panic. Howie legit liked Reagor more which is embarrassing. 

It was a panic reach.  No doubt.  
 

 

And it was Doug’s pick, BTW.  
 

 

 

 

JK.   Or am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Howie wasn't the only NFL guy that liked reagor, he had some buzz in the scouting community, on tape in college he played faster than he has to date.

In college he played around 185 pounds and now he's around 200 poynds and with the added weight he looks and plays sluggish.

There were plenty of mocks that had reagor in the late 1st early second so it's not like he was a consensus 2nd 3rd day guy that Howie totally reached on.

Jefferson going next pick and blowing up made the pick look even worse but at the time it wasn't as erroneous as TATE makes it out to be 

In retrospect it looks awful, in real time it wasnt that bad 

 

 

Yes it was.  I and others told everyone it was a reach.  Hence, Jalen Reachor.  When you take the 5th or 6th best WR, that high.  It’s a reach.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes it was.  I and others told everyone it was a reach.  Hence, Jalen Reachor.  When you take the 5th or 6th best WR, that high.  It’s a reach.  

Last I checked you weren't a scout.

Having said that yes you did tell everyone you were right they/ me were wrong.

As many times as I've been right about players I've been wrong just as many times, difference is no one really cares either way cuz I'm not paid to be right or wrong on those matter and even then those that are paid to be right are often wrong as well 

The NFL is a crap shoot, hopefully Howie doesn't shoot too much crap this week.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Howie wasn't the only NFL guy that liked reagor, he had some buzz in the scouting community, on tape in college he played faster than he has to date.

In college he played around 185 pounds and now he's around 200 poynds and with the added weight he looks and plays sluggish.

There were plenty of mocks that had reagor in the late 1st early second so it's not like he was a consensus 2nd 3rd day guy that Howie totally reached on.

Jefferson going next pick and blowing up made the pick look even worse but at the time it wasn't as erroneous as TATE makes it out to be 

In retrospect it looks awful, in real time it wasnt that bad 

 

 

The most alarming thing about Reagor is how lifeless he is with the ball in his hands. Lateral quickness isn't there. Quick to run out of bounds. Zero physicality despite having a RB-like body. I don't think much of that goes away if he loses a few lbs.

It's like the only thing he does well is get open on post routes. But even then there's a 50-50 chance he doesn't track the ball well enough to even deliver there. He's a #4 WR shot player with replaceable PR value.

Agholor flashed 1st round ability. Great YAC. Really good speed and quickness. Just didn't have the attention to detail and mental fortitude to be a good WR consistently. Reagor is pretty much a waste of space 95% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

DeVonta Smith isn't a speed WR.  He ran a 4.4 which isn't anything extravagant.  He's a technician with his route running and elite level hand eye coordination/reaction time. 

He’s a football player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Crazy world if Johnson and Thib ended up at 12/14. You know Howie would be pulling out all the phones to try and trade up. It actually doesn't look very unrealistic either which is surprising. Just shows how a couple QBs going before us helps a lot.

Definitely realistic. And yeah, 2 QB's going before 15 makes a world of difference. If somehow, there's 3...

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A lot of buzz about Stingley on local Seahawks radio.  Very likely he is their pick at 9.

Just mocked him there a page or so ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2022 at 12:27 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Going 9-8, immediately bounced in the first round and having just average but not good players going forward isn’t a good option either 

Exactly why I want to use this draft to improve as much as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

What is the alternative?  

Use this draft to significantly improve. Fill all the holes possible and stop worrying about next year's draft. Trade down at least once to get additional 1st and 2nd day picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saltpeter said:

The most alarming thing about Reagor is how lifeless he is with the ball in his hands. Lateral quickness isn't there. Quick to run out of bounds. Zero physicality despite having a RB-like body. I don't think much of that goes away if he loses a few lbs.

It's like the only thing he does well is get open on post routes. But even then there's a 50-50 chance he doesn't track the ball well enough to even deliver there. He's a #4 WR shot player with replaceable PR value.

Agholor flashed 1st round ability. Great YAC. Really good speed and quickness. Just didn't have the attention to detail and mental fortitude to be a good WR consistently. Reagor is pretty much a waste of space 95% of the time.

Hey I'm not saying reagor is any good, he looks like a lazy piece of trash half assing it across the field, he's got zero urgency or suddenness.

Yet go back to his college tape and he was often the fastest guy in the field and the most explosive, he has shown very little of that since being drafted, maybe or two big plays and even then somehow he doesn't look fast then either🤷‍♂️

I've got a sliver of hope that reagor can some how turn it around but it's like the tiniest little sliver.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Last I checked you weren't a scout.

Having said that yes you did tell everyone you were right they/ me were wrong.

As many times as I've been right about players I've been wrong just as many times, difference is no one really cares either way cuz I'm not paid to be right or wrong on those matter and even then those that are paid to be right are often wrong as well 

The NFL is a crap shoot, hopefully Howie doesn't shoot too much crap this week.

Oh wow.  Sick burn sport.  

 

 

I am right...a lot in here.  You can choose to not like it or ignore it.  Either way, I don't care.  Reagor was a reach in that draft and to say otherwise is ill-informed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hey I'm not saying reagor is any good, he looks like a lazy piece of trash half assing it across the field, he's got zero urgency or suddenness.

Yet go back to his college tape and he was often the fastest guy in the field and the most explosive, he has shown very little of that since being drafted, maybe or two big plays and even then somehow he doesn't look fast then either🤷‍♂️

I've got a sliver of hope that reagor can some how turn it around but it's like the tiniest little sliver.

 

His college tape?  Are you a scout? 

 

His college tape was not that impressive.  It was his projection that most people liked.  Not what he showed on tape.  A lot of contested balls.  Which is not a good thing, with Big 12 defenses.  Most people chalked it up to bad QB play.  But his college production was not the reason he got drafted that high.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

image.thumb.png.79b4ede0ce3f0c57ff120e499a6a699b.png

Interesting.  

 

 

But you missed big time on not drafting that punter from SDST.  Come on man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh wow.  Sick burn sport.  

 

 

I am right...a lot in here.  You can choose to not like it or ignore it.  Either way, I don't care.  Reagor was a reach in that draft and to say otherwise is ill-informed.  

Wasn't meant to be a burn.

If I had a nickel for Everytime you said you were right about reagor I'd have a lot of nickels, yeah we get it, here's a cookie🍪

 chill out "sport," not sure why you seem to take everything personal and get all agro and defensive. we're just two people on a message board talking about football, yet for some reason you regularly seem to find your self in the middle of some kind of drama.

It's a lot, maybe try not fighting with everyone on  The board especially when there's zero reason to get your undies In a wad 

Whose the poster that smokes a joint while he walks his dog @TorontoEagle maybe???

Maybe try that might chill you out a little.

as for you being right a lot, you got anything to back that up, spread sheet maybe a pie chart, PFF grade???

I like pie! Especially with ice cream!

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jalen Reachor scouting report....

 

Regarding his "college tape", production and the reference I made to 50/50 balls.  

 

 

 

Jalen Reagor NFL Draft 2020: Scouting Report for Philadelphia Eagles' Pick | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

 

 

—Played in an offense that didn't use him in creative ways, which stagnated his production.

—Not afraid to go up and challenge defenders on 50-50 balls.

—Drops plague his game tape; even accounting for bad throws, he puts too many on the ground.

 

 

 

The comps are pretty funny.  I wonder which one was accurate.  

 

PRO COMPARISON: Stefon Diggs/Corey Coleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Exactly why I want to use this draft to improve as much as possible. 

Stocking up on 2nd day picks doesn't improve this roster as much as possible

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Reagor was a panic reach.  Williams wouldn't be.  If we don't move up to get him.  

I agree.  Williams would be a very good pick at 15 or 18.  

36 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

2 options - Choose one

Option 1 - Eagles give up 18 and 51 to get to 9, 10, or 11?  Then still have 15

Option 2 - Trade 15 and 83 to get up to around 11?  Then still have 18

Which one you taking?

 

I think option 1 is bad given the depth in the draft unless they can trade down from 18 and recoup picks.  I am not thrilled with option 2 for the same reason but would be ok with it.  I think any trade up must be accompanied by a trade down as well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

His college tape?  Are you a scout? 

 

His college tape was not that impressive.  It was his projection that most people liked.  Not what he showed on tape.  A lot of contested balls.  Which is not a good thing, with Big 12 defenses.  Most people chalked it up to bad QB play.  But his college production was not the reason he got drafted that high.  

Show me where I say he got drafted because of his college tape?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Wasn't meant to be a burn.

If I had a nickel for Everytime you said you were right about reagor I'd have a lot of nickels, yeah we get it, here's a cookie🍪

 chill out "sport," not sure why you seem to take everything personal and get all agro and defensive. we're just two people on a message board talking about football, yet for some reason you regularly seem to find your self in the middle of some kind of drama.

It's a lot, maybe try not fighting with everyone on  The board especially when there's zero reason to get your undies In a wad 

Whose the poster that smokes a joint while he walks his dog @TorontoEagle maybe???

Maybe try that might chill you out a little.

as for you being right a lot, you got anything to back that up, spread sheet maybe a pie chart, PFF grade???

I like pie! Especially with ice cream!

 

Sheesh.....can't make this kind of irony up.  🤣

 

If you don't like to be corrected, then I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe toughen up a little and less drama?  I don't know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Childs play.

 

 

NEXT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will never happen, but... Traded away Reagor and got both Davis and Karlaftis..

 

image.thumb.png.52420ca73d990444ffb747564d1923e5.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Just mocked him there a page or so ago.

Yeah, I know, that was the post I replied to.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I agree.  Williams would be a very good pick at 15 or 18.  

Yep.  Would be the clear BPA at that spot.  Which isn't a bad thing.  We obviously need defense.  And drafting a speed guy like him, with our weak-armed QB isn't the best pairing.  But It's really about 2023 and beyond.  When we do get a QB who can get the ball to him.  

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This will never happen, but... Traded away Reagor and got both Davis and Karlaftis..

 

image.thumb.png.52420ca73d990444ffb747564d1923e5.png

Trade away Reachor and not go down a few spots?  Yeah, not gonna happen.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...