Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

We're on a message board talking about grown men who dress in costumes and get paid to run into each other to play a game and you want me to grow up because I made a momma joke ?

Of all the ridiculous things people say to each other on this board some offensive some not you draw the line at momma jokes?

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

Let's try it on for size:

Poster 1 to Poster 2: you irritate me you jerk

Poster 2 in response to Poster 1: I plowed your mom last night,  I'm f'ing hilarious!

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I dont mind a small move up from 15, and a small to moderate trade back from 18, to anywhere as long as it stays in the 1st round.

X jets scout on Davis

Davis is a classic textbook example of a prospect who got overhyped at the combine.

As someone who worked on Hall of Fame Coach Bill Parcells’ staff, Davis is nothing more than a limited area and limited production role player. He will struggle to get to the quarterback in the NFL.

The name of the game on defense is being able to get to the passer and/or being able to defend throws downfield. In other words, if a team cannot select a legit pass rusher or an elite corner in the first round, they need to instead take a skill position offensive player and try to keep up. 

This is not 1980’s smash-mouth football anymore. The premium is on EDGE rushers, who can disrupt the pocket and get to the quarterback.  

Davis, and his seven sacks over four years, is not that type of player. This is why he was a sub defensive linemen who got subbed out of a lot of passing situations.

In 2021, Davis put up two sacks in 13 games. 

He put up these low sack numbers against lesser level competition than what the NFL has to offer.

Even as a run-stuffer, Davis’ production left a lot to be desired at Georgia: 

Reminder: there is no position where athleticism matters more than DL. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

Let's try it on for size:

Poster 1 to Poster 2: you irritate me you jerk

Poster 2 in response to Poster 1: I plowed your mom last night,  I'm f'ing hilarious!

Lol comedic gold😄

I think you miss the nuance of joke telling and reciprocal insulting in one fail swoop 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stocking up on 2nd day picks doesn't improve this roster as much as possible

Picking good players does. Please forward to Howie. 

56 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Sixers will end that series in Game 6.  They just assumed going home would be enough to win Game 5 and they collectively threw bricks.  They won't win their next series, but they'll finish off this one.

The Sixers are lucky to not be down 3-2, and are a Joel Embiid 3 pointer away from being so. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Small trade up from 15 to 12-13 for Jordan Davis or Jermaine Johnson I'd be okay with

The only prospects I'd trade into the top 10 for are Hamilton and Thibodeaux.  Not sure I'd trade up high enough for a CB like Gardner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

X jets scout on Davis

Davis is a classic textbook example of a prospect who got overhyped at the combine.

As someone who worked on Hall of Fame Coach Bill Parcells’ staff, Davis is nothing more than a limited area and limited production role player. He will struggle to get to the quarterback in the NFL.

The name of the game on defense is being able to get to the passer and/or being able to defend throws downfield. In other words, if a team cannot select a legit pass rusher or an elite corner in the first round, they need to instead take a skill position offensive player and try to keep up. 

This is not 1980’s smash-mouth football anymore. The premium is on EDGE rushers, who can disrupt the pocket and get to the quarterback.  

Davis, and his seven sacks over four years, is not that type of player. This is why he was a sub defensive linemen who got subbed out of a lot of passing situations.

In 2021, Davis put up two sacks in 13 games. 

He put up these low sack numbers against lesser level competition than what the NFL has to offer.

Even as a run-stuffer, Davis’ production left a lot to be desired at Georgia: 

I think if one is using stats to guage Davis effectiveness one doesn't understand the point of Davis 

His job wasnt to compile stats, his job was ti anchor that defense and allow others to complie stats 

Take Davis out of that Georgia defense and they're not nearly as dominant, still pretty good but Davis to me at least was the keystone of that defense 

I think In the NFL one still builds from the inside out and Davis is a pretty good inside piece to build around.

Whether that's worth a top 15 pick🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I think Winfrey is the IDL to get  , big upside and already a 2 way player . My top IDL 

I propose we get a reaction under the "Like" dropdown that's a snoring/napping emoji so we can react to bad regurgitated/repeated takes from the same people on a daily basis. That'll make things interesting.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

But the sack and QB pressures production wasn't there. I've seen a lot of analysts explain that away with different contexts and maybe they'll end up being right. I'm not saying he won't be great. But we've all seen prospects in all sports have great measurables or athletic traits and they just don't produce at that elite level people expected.

It's not so much that I think Davis sucks, but of the guys you could potentially get at 15 or move up a bit for, not sure how he could be anyone's #1 guy.

I think it depends on who is available.  If the choice is between Jordan Davis, Kyle Hamilton or Jameson Williams, I would rather have Davis.  If the choice is between McDuffie, Drake London or Davis, I think Davis is the much better pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think Winfrey is the IDL to get  , big upside and already a 2 way player . My top IDL 

He's not very good against the run or at the point which is why he's not being talked about as a top prospect.

I like him a lot though

I'm not a fan of any of the Georgia d-lineman. I think that it was more of "a rising tides lifts all boats" situation there. Could be wrong, but I want no part of any of them.

Just now, Utebird said:

I think if one is using stats to guage Davis effectiveness one doesn't understand the point of Davis 

His job wasnt to compile stats, his job was ti anchor that defense and allow others to compliment stats 

Take Davis out of that Georgia defense and they're not nearly as dominant, still pretty good but Davis to me at least was the keystone of that defense 

I think In the NFL one still builds from the inside out and Davis is a pretty good inside piece to build around.

Zero pass rush ability currently , had some conditioning issues too , Smart called him out on it , everyone’s talking how Davis helped his teammates , well his teammates made him look better too , GA best player is still in school , Carter , stud . I hear Vea comp , Vea can get to the QB , even when being doubled , moving the QB off his spot matters … and zero conditioning issues  

Davis has a long way to go as a pass rusher , until he gets there he will be subbed 

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

I'm not a fan of any of the Georgia d-lineman. I think that it was more of "a rising tides lifts all boats" situation there. Could be wrong, but I want no part of any of them.

That's a fair assessment as well though odds would suggest at least one of them will be good.

Which one though🤔

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The Sixers are lucky to not be down 3-2, and are a Joel Embiid 3 pointer away from being so. 

I’m ashamed to say i made this bet last night/early morning with the odds 

2D9B8D37-D622-49FA-85ED-5CAC1BAE49C1.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bitbased said:

I propose we get a reaction under the "Like" dropdown that's a snoring/napping emoji so we can react to bad regurgitated/repeated takes from the same people on a daily basis. That'll make things interesting.

Yeah.  The only real option we have is the confused emoji or the laughing emoji. And someone can misinterpret both, to be somewhat positive.  

• Confused 1

I'll be happy with any combo in the first rd:

Jameson Williams 

Stingley 

Booth 

Jermain Johnson

Hamilton 

Sauce Gardner

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  The only real option we have is the confused emoji or the laughing emoji. And someone can misinterpret both, to be somewhat positive.  

The confused emoji really hits hard. Also, it's your favorite one lol.

• Confused 1

Just now, Original Sin said:

Zero pass rush ability currently , had some conditioning issues too , Smart called him out on it , everyone’s talking how Davis helped his teammates , well his teammates made him look better too , GA best player is still in school , Carter , stud . I hear Vea comp , Vea can get to the QB , even when being doubled , moving the QB off his spot matters … and zero conditioning issues  

Davis has a long way to go as a pass rusher , until he gets there he will be subbed 

Yup the vea comp doesn't fit, vea has some explosion.

Davis to meat comps well with John Henderson who was another big tall space eater without alot of explosion 

I mean if Jordan Davis was an explosive pass rusher he'd be the consensus number 1 pick.

I think because of his combine numbers some will think he can become a good pass rusher but I don't see him that way, I think he's a big guy you plop in the middle of your defense and let him control 2 gaps at an elite level shut down the run and force teams to go elsewhere which in theory allows other players favorable 1 on 1 matchups 

Again is that worth a top 15-20 pick? Debatable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

He's not very good against the run or at the point which is why he's not being talked about as a top prospect.

I like him a lot though

He was misused they used him at nose tack hurt his performance , he is not a nose tackle , he reminds me of another x sooner , McCoy , just not as polished yet

9 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Maybe a "dur" emoji too. This way I can use it every time RTK says stupid ish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Utebird said:

Yup the vea comp doesn't fit, vea has some explosion.

Davis to meat comps well with John Henderson who was another big tall space eater without alot of explosion 

I mean if Jordan Davis was an explosive pass rusher he'd be the consensus number 1 pick.

I think because of his combine numbers some will think he can become a good pass rusher but I don't see him that way, I think he's a big guy you plop in the middle of your defense and let him control 2 gaps at an elite level shut down the run and force teams to go elsewhere which in theory allows other players favorable 1 on 1 matchups 

Again is that worth a top 15-20 pick? Debatable.

Davis told NFL Radio he patterned his game after John Henderson and Fletcher Cox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

He was misused they used him at nose tack hurt his performance , he is not a nose tackle , he reminds me of another x sooner , McCoy , just not as polished yet

Hopefully he's got a better body than McCoy coming out, that dude was sloppy