EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I like Tyler Van Dyke.  Seems you do too.   Not sure if that was a subliminal message or unintentional, but either way, I agree.  Tyler Van Dyke for Eagles QB 2023.   Start the campaign!

I need to see more. He's not the most athletic or explosive guy, so he has to win with his smarts/accuracy. We'll see what happens with Mario Cristobal. If he plays the same in 2022 as he did in 2021, he's not a 1st rounder IMO. Need to see improvement.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I need to see more. He's not the most athletic or explosive guy, so he has to win with his smarts/accuracy. We'll see what happens with Mario Cristobal. If he plays the same in 2022 as he did in 2021, he's not a 1st rounder IMO. Need to see improvement.

Yeah... that's what I like about him.

2021 was his first action.  RS - Sophomore.   For all we know he doesn't even declare if he has a down year in 2022.  But, if he improves and shows more of what he flashed, he's my top choice right now.   

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/miami-quarterback-tyler-van-dyke-is-intriguing

If I were ranking my QBs right now.... (projecting a little for this coming season):

Tyler Van Dyke
Phil Jurkovec
Will Levis

TBD after that.  Not a fan of Stroud or Young.  

Saints losing a home game to play in London is good news for us potentially 

13 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

Somewhere either in here or in another thread I said EJ Perry would beat out Strong for a roster spot.  EJ is now going to the Jags so I am wrong about that.

Don't worry, he wont be the only QB here that Strong beats out! 

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

It’s been almost 6 days and the boner I got from getting Jordan Davis and AJ Brown with our R1 picks still hasn’t gone down. Time to call my doc…or Aidan Hutchinson’s mom. 

I think you have a better chance scoring with your doctor.

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Unless something radically changes, I dont think AJ Brown gets 100 catches in 2 years here. 

That's a hot take.  So, AJ Brown will get fewer than 3 receptions per game played from his best friend?   Seems highly unlikely.   The bigger concern is that Brown might get too many targets and Smith/Watkins/Goedert get too few.

We discuss this every year but this still has to be the wildest football storyline of my lifetime. From being utterly despised by a fanbase that wanted Earl Thomas to now wildly being recognized as the most popular Eagle of the last decade and being publicly anointed as the heart of the team by his head coach, Brandon Graham is special.

The level of mental and spiritual strength within him must be amazing. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

D. Smith a true number 1 averaged 3.7 catches a game and was healthy all year. 

so yes, I think it's 100% possible that with AJ brown splitting catches with Smith, on a low passing offense to average 3 catches a game, especially when you add in the fact he's probably gonna miss 2-4 games over the next 2 years. 

Would anyone really be shocked if AJ brown's season looked like... 14 games, 48 catches, 680 yards the next 2 years? 

You presume that we run back the same run heavy offense from last year. With all the investment made at WR, it would be insane to not throw the ball A LOT more than last year. Whether or not Hurts can keep up is a different matter, but I'd be shocked to see more runs than passes this year. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

D. Smith a true number 1 averaged 3.7 catches a game and was healthy all year. 

so yes, I think it's 100% possible that with AJ brown splitting catches with Smith, on a low passing offense to average 3 catches a game, especially when you add in the fact he's probably gonna miss 2-4 games over the next 2 years. 

Would anyone really be shocked if AJ brown's season looked like... 14 games, 48 catches, 680 yards the next 2 years? 

Smith looks to be more of a true #2.  

And if they don't increase the amount of passing this year versus the second half of last year, then Hurts will be gone after 2022.  They can't make that move for Brown, and then try to hide their QB.   So, Hurts will either put up, or he'll be shut down.  

6 minutes ago, Thrive said:

We discuss this every year but this still has to be the wildest football storyline of my lifetime. From being utterly despised by a fanbase that wanted Earl Thomas to now wildly being recognized as the most popular Eagle of the last decade and being publicly anointed as the heart of the team by his head coach, Brandon Graham is special.

The level of mental and spiritual strength within him must be amazing. 

Earl Thomas is wanting to make a comeback.. How fitting/hilarious it would be to bring him to the city of brotherly love?

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

CJ and BJ. Just missing a ZJ.

Thought I'd add them to our AJ and TJ

Just opened the new Blog.

Closing this soon.

Archived