Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Not trying to get you to see eye to eye, sharing with you my views and my experiences.

Good guy is a relative term no?

Yes, if you're a mobster a good guy would mean something totally different. 

15 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm really surprised Jacksonville with Lawrence and Chicago with Fields didn't give him a shot.  He's a "QB whisperer" and would have really helped those guys develop, imo. 

Again, a big part of the hiring process is the question of who these candidates will bring along as coordinators and assistant coaches.  Doug on his own is over his head.  Doug with a glorified intern as OC is in over his head.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Ben Albright said owners don't like the way Pederson and the Eagles parted and are skeptical about hiring him.

All this over wanting Press Taylor as his OC. What a F up.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Ben Albright said owners don't like the way Pederson and the Eagles parted and are skeptical about hiring him.

Almost like we have been poorly coached on offense from 2018-2020...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, greend said:

1st Not a "good guy".  2nd Always someone else's fault.  I think I'm done discussing this though. We likely aren't going to see eye to eye.

Here's a "good guy" greeny:

Child's Play: Talking Good Guys Chucky 15 by Chucky, Figures - Amazon Canada

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Point noted.  I am not selling the virtue of making hard drugs legal (OxyContin already is), but on treating addiction over jailing folks for personal possession. That’s where we seem to differ.  

How about doing neither

39 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Looking like zadarius smith is out in GB 

I remember watching him in the Senior Bowl and he was just a stud. His falling to the 4th round has never made sense to me.

If Rodgers goes to Denver and Brady retires, two QBs who will likely be available in trade would both be the best QBs in the NFC.

The Eagles have the ammo to potentially land the best QB in the entire conference this offseason.

Can't say that often.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Utebird said:

I get that, I too don't have a lot of patience for people that continue to make terrible choices over and over, and I don't think harsher penalties or punishment is the solution. and sometimes when given context I have more empathy.

For example I had a cell mate who was in for possession of meth, he was a good guy but he was an addict, we'd talk a lot about life when we got out and he wanted to change for his young son, he got out a couple months before me and I told him I didn't want to see him back and I'd see him on the outs, 3 weeks later he was back, and he wouldn't look me in the eye when he came back because he knew I'd be pissed to see him, I asked him what the heck happened, he told me he went over to see his son who was staying with his x at her parents as he was there his ex's dad got in his face and started yelling at him telling him he was useless and trash and blah blah blah and was pushing him so he hit him, he was on probation so was sent straight back for probation violation.

Now maybe he made it all up, maybe he came back because he pissed dirty who knows but what I did know  is he felt bad about whatever he did and the environment he went back into after release wasn't condusive to keeping him from coming back.

So he is an etremely stupid idiot, who likes to argue/fight - when he is on probation - instead of walking away- leaving?  I mean cmon- I'm 57 years old, and the last time I got into a shoving match I was in my 30's, and not on probation. It's not hard to avoid, or de-escalate.. SMH. 

Bigger question- what do people who are against punishing crimes think we should do to reduce the amount of crimes being comitted? I mean if you are not for punishing those who commit the crimes, what do you suggest? Keeping in mind life is not some utopian fantasy where everyone is reasonable and rationale and gets along if we just let them. Too many progressives have this idealistic view, example, if we make having guns illegal, there wont be any gun deaths or crimes. And it's about as far from reality as you can get. SO I am very curious, if you dont like punsihment, what do you suggest? 

• Like 2

I just heard my new favorite WIP call. 

"Trade for Watson and since he has a similar playing style to Hurts, have Hurts be the backup and develop and learn from him so when Watson is older and close to retiring, Hurts can take over the franchise".

• Haha 11

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Point noted.  I am not selling the virtue of making hard drugs legal (OxyContin already is), but on treating addiction over jailing folks for personal possession. That’s where we seem to differ.  

I had a minor surgery recently (hemorrhoid)and was prescribed oxy for pain management.

A big thing after that surgery is getting plenty of fiber and liquids to keep things down their moving smoothly as to limit pain and to not tear any stitches or anything like that 

Well of course one side effect of most opioids and oxycontin is constipation.

Yet the Dr who was so worried about my fiber intake knowingly or maybe unknowingly prescribed me something that was counteractive to my healing, maybe we should have penalties for Drs peddling drugs 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Speaking of not making sense to me, WTF are the Bears doing hiring Matt Eberflus? I guess he sold them on his plan for Fields, but eeeehhhh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I had a minor surgery recently (hemorrhoid)and was prescribed oxy for pain management.

A big thing after that surgery is getting plenty of fiber and liquids to keep things down their moving smoothly as to limit pain and to not tear any stitches or anything like that 

Well of course one side effect of most opioids and oxycontin is constipation.

Yet the Dr who was so worried about my fiber intake knowingly or maybe unknowingly prescribed me something that was counteractive to my healing, maybe we should have penalties for Drs peddling drugs 🤷‍♂️

TMI

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

How long is Doug still getting paid by is? Doubt he is desperate

2022 would have been his last season. Not sure if its fully guaranteed or not.

Just now, Saltpeter said:

Speaking of not making sense to me, WTF are the Bears doing hiring Matt Eberflus? I guess he sold them on his plan for Fields, buy eeeehhhh

LOL I read WTF as WFT first... as in WHat in the Washington Football Team are the Bears....

and it works either way  :roll:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Incorrect GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yes GIF - Schitts Creek Thats Correct Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

I would say,  it wasn't racism at all.

That's a subjective thing these days as some people began to call just about anything racist.  And others stick to a more true definition of the word. 

He should have been left alone.  You just had a big post on how to use the ignore feature but you and others obsessed over getting him banned. 

Kinda ridiculous. 

But,  whats done is done. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

How long is Doug still getting paid by is? Doubt he is desperate

I mean he should never be "desperate" again. (unless of course he's a crack addict)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Reading this post again, this is now really bothering me.

So all African Americans speak in 80's slang ??  

That's what racist people would need to believe in other to mistakenly believe shocker was being racist.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Dan Quinn was the hot candidate, looks like he won't get a job after all.

Would be funny if Gannon got one and not him.

Eberflus got it... same make and model, different year.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I would say,  it wasn't racism at all.

That's a subjective thing these days as some people began to call just about anything racist.  And others stick to a more true definition of the word. 

He should have been left alone.  You just had a big post on how to use the ignore feature but you and others obsessed over getting him banned. 

Kinda ridiculous. 

But,  whats done is done. 

We found the clone Daddy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

So he is an etremely stupid idiot, who likes to argue/fight - when he is on probation - instead of walking away- leaving?  I mean cmon- I'm 57 years old, and the last time I got into a shoving match I was in my 30's, and ont on probation. It's not hard to avoid, or de-esculate.. SMH.

Bigger question- what do people who are against punishing crimes think we should do to reduce the amount of crimes being comitted? I mean if you are not for punishing those who commit the crimes, what do you suggest? Keeping in mind life is not some utopian fantasy where everyone is reasonable and rationale and gets along if we just let them. Too many progressives have this idealistic view, example, if we make having guns illegal, there wont be any gun deaths or crimes. And it's about as far from reality as you can get. SO I am very curious, if you dont like punsihment, what do you suggest?

Depends on the crime. Non-violent property crimes should be treated no more harshly than white collar crimes, if you're going to crack down hard on petty theft, you should crack down hard on tax evasion, corporate fraud, etc. Why should a loser who steals hundreds get a worse sentence than a well connected guy who steals millions or lies about the danger of his product.

Now the small minority of habitual violent criminals (we not talking the drunk in a bar fight, unless he does it on a regular basis), the murderers, rapists, etc. are a different animal. No matter what the reason for their behavior, they're too dangerous to allow out, at least until their 40s or 50s, when there's a sharp drop in recidivism.

Public policy shouldn't be made on the basis of emotion, or individual morality (you may think drug use is wrong, but do you drink - then you're a hypocrite) but what is best for society as a whole, balancing individual rights and the public good, and should be based not on prejudice but empirical evidence, and updated as better data and analysis is available.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

42K is nothing to a law abiding citizen who may have to pay out of pocket for a new car, who has to live in fear, who may have a claim declined, who may have something sentimental in said car. The insurance increases. Then you have the cause and effect of the stolen car money going to drugs/guns. Retrials, etc etc etc. 

Side note, the 42K is also ridiculous. IF your in jail you should be treated like the POS you are. Limited heat. Limited AC. Limited recourses. . Limited food/drink. Theyre A POS, they shouldnt get any gain for being in jail 

So my point would be that jail doesn't stop cars from being stolen.  As per your early numbers, it actually seems to make people more likely to commit additional crimes.  There's probably a solution that works better and costs less than prison but we are so fixated on the idea of punishment we don't sufficiently consider those options.  Ultimately, more prisons and longer sentences come with bigger government and more taxation. I don't think the cost is tied to the conditions of the prisons.  I have never spent time in a jail but I have been to some.  I also have read enough to know that limited AC would be a change for the better for a lot of inmates.  In NC there are several prisons without any AC.  I think it's about 10.  NC isn't the only southern state with prisons without AC.  You can talk about the bare bones conditions but remember people work in those conditions and have to manage those people too.  

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

So my point would be that jail doesn't stop cars from being stolen.  As per your early numbers, it actually seems to make people more likely to commit additional crimes.  There's probably a solution that works better and costs less than prison but we are so fixated on the idea of punishment we don't sufficiently consider those options.  Ultimately, more prisons and longer sentences come with bigger government and more taxation. I don't think the cost is tied to the conditions of the prisons.  I have never spent time in a jail but I have been to some.  I also have read enough to know that limited AC would be a change for the better for a lot of inmates.  In NC there are several prisons without any AC.  I think it's about 10.  NC isn't the only southern state with prisons without AC.  You can talk about the bare bones conditions but remember people work in those conditions and have to manage those people too.  

Not gonna read anymore cause I dont care. 

the penalties in this country arent stiff enough

End of story 

Off topic, the late 90s/early 2000s were incredible for QB underdog stories. Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Jeff Garcia, Rich Gannon. Don't know how possible that kind of thing is in the digital/analytics age.

• Like 1