Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

6 minutes ago, greend said:

Life getting paid to go through "rehabilitation" according to others

My plan is just to have them come do yard work on your property.  

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Jesus.... come on....

when they didnt spend, people complained every single year that they were cap space champions. If they do spend, people complain they are cap strapped, dead money, etc...

Obviously winning the offseason is not the ultimate goal. But it can hopefully help get you to your ultimate goal. 

I forgot the olden days.  

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Dude......................................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done for the day friend, bout to go walk the dog and smoke that J! Peace and love to all!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My heritage is Scandinavian.  Last name is a city in Sweden.  Got the pale skin and large crank to prove it.  

Love that scene. 

Denzel is the man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Denzel is the man.

Yep.  Ever see Fences?  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, that is always the goal right?   Win the offseason.

If we can't win anything else, it helps.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

My plan is just to have them come do yard work on your property.  

I forgot the olden days.  

Great I can fix it up right after they leave.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) you told me that comp claams dont get rate increases. you wanted to bet me. I told you how I'd provide proof, and wanted to take you up on your bet you dropped it.

2) you want to bring a WR to a team who doesnt have a QB lol hysterical

And at the end of the day, every time i type something you understand what I mean, regardless of how bad my grammar is. And until I work for you, you work for me, or you write my checks. Dont worry about my grammar

Why no response to this mr insurance expert ?

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

False.  My wife’s car was stolen and then totaled in a collision with a police cruiser a couple years ago.  Our insurance did not go up a penny.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Jesus.... come on....

when they didnt spend, people complained every single year that they were cap space champions. If they do spend, people complain they are cap strapped, dead money, etc...

Obviously winning the offseason is not the ultimate goal. But it can hopefully help get you to your ultimate goal. I would think you would like them to make great moves. I guess if you dont like the GM though, making great moves is a bad thing. 

Can we seriously not discuss any of the free agents I brought up? What has this place become. Just get sarcastic jabs in against the guys you dont like rather than having a decent conversation. 

Nope.  The goal isn't to make 'splashes' but to add talent.  I have never cared about splash moves, making noise or any of that garbage.   Generally, the biggest name free agents and the biggest splash moves sink their respective teams.  

I want SMART moves.  Not big moves, not splash moves, not look at me moves.  I want smart decisions... whether they are building, rebuilding or trying to maintain.   Howie has done a little better in the last year in that department.  But I don't want him to go out there and make 'splash' moves just because he has a little breathing room.  This team doesn't need a splash move.  Their biggest problem is the QB position... and frankly, none of the big moves at that position interest me in the least.

• Like 1

If the eagles dont want to draft a LB, Kyzir White could be the prize of FA. Campbell is a fairly young all pro. He will likely cost the most. Kyzir White is probably the next best. I dont watch SD games so I dont know it its a Singleton situation, but he had 144 tackles (90 solo) a sack, 1FF, and 2 INT with 3 PDs and 13 stuffs.

Hes on the small side 6'2'' 216. Would fit alright next to Edwards.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Ever see Fences?  

Yep. My favorites of his though are John Q, Man on Fire, Training Day and of course Remember the Titans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

That word is so misunderstood and misused anymore.

He mocked "ghetto" stereotypes, he didn't outright (your word) hate or insult an entire race. Unless you think there is an entire race that behaves like the stereotypes shocker mocked. 🤔

I dont think it was necessarily ghetto (though that doesnt just imply black), or black. Some thought it was just mocking the typical WIP caller. Racist people who wanted to project their racism on to him said he was mocking black people. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

Nothing. Just you know, a normal day of discussing capital punishment, insurance claims, Denzel Washington, how PAC-12 WR's suck, and 4for4 not knowing the difference between Jonathan and Rich Gannon.  The usual.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yep. My favorites of his though are John Q, Man on Fire, Training Day and of course Remember the Titans.

This and Flight are the only two movies actually made me cry.

But only a little...

20 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

No Gallup, no Beckham, no Wilson. No Cowboys, they don't work out here. ACLs aren't as bad as they used to be, I'd take a chance on Williams if we went defense with our other 2 firsts. 

The Cowboy thing doesn't bother me.  

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Jesus.... come on....

Obviously winning the offseason is not the ultimate goal. But it can hopefully help get you to your ultimate goal. I would think you would like them to make great moves. I guess if you dont like the GM though, making great moves is a bad thing. 

Can we seriously not discuss any of the free agents I brought up? What has this place become. Just get sarcastic jabs in against the guys you dont like rather than having a decent conversation. 

Do you remember - late 90s to about the TO signing the complaint was that the Eagles were cheap - cap champions. Then a report came out around 06 by ... I think USA Today, not sure ... that listed NFL teams in order of actual cap dollars spent over a 5 year period from about 01 to 05. Eagles were #1. Things aren't always how they appear.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope.  The goal isn't to make 'splashes' but to add talent.  I have never cared about splash moves, making noise or any of that garbage.   Generally, the biggest name free agents and the biggest splash moves sink their respective teams.  

I want SMART moves.  Not big moves, not splash moves, not look at me moves.  I want smart decisions... whether they are building, rebuilding or trying to maintain.   Howie has done a little better in the last year in that department.  But I don't want him to go out there and make 'splash' moves just because he has a little breathing room.  This team doesn't need a splash move.  Their biggest problem is the QB position... and frankly, none of the big moves at that position interest me in the least.

I really didnt say he was going to make a splash move. I said he can make some noise. He has a lot of money to spend. He can now bring in a lot of talent. And they can all be smart moves. I didnt imply differently. But you inferred it and ignored the rest of the post that could have lead to some decent football and roster building discussion. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Oh yeah.  John Q, TD and Man on Fire was good.  I am an outlier wit Remember/Titans.  I thought it was corny as hell. 

But he was completely over-shadowed in Fences.  Viola Davis stole that move.  The scene in the backyard, about her standing right there with him, was an incredible back and forth.  She was amazing.  

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Still, at Progressive, we won't charge you for comprehensive claims under $500 unless it happens multiple times.

• Allstate: $944 with no claim and $949 with one comprehensive claim
  • Farmers: $762 with no claim and $786 with one comprehensive claim
  • GEICO: $638 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • Liberty Mutual: $823 with no claim and $829 with one comprehensive claim
  • Nationwide: $673 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • Progressive: $802 with no claim and $908 with a comprehensive claim
  • State Farm: $656 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • USAA: $474 with or without a comprehensive claim

As I stated, if your insurer raises your rates due to a singular, one time comp claim, you need to switch providers immediately. 

So Geico, Nationwide, StateFarm and USAA don't rate them...

Lot to take in here

1) filling a comp claim for under 500 dollars would be dumb, I think we both agree(or should)

2) I told you comp claims(just one) would change the premium. You called me a sleezeball, and everything else and then you post numerous cases of comp claims changing the rate

3) I agree with you, Carriers are the worst scum on earth and you should always be shopping.

2 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

This and Flight are the only two movies actually made me cry.

But only a little...

I'm not too ashamed to admit there are a bunch.  

Marley and Me

Forrest Gump

Dogs Life

Dog movies are killer.  

12 minutes ago, greend said:

Dude......................................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was right. He posted carriers backing up that I was right. 

Unsure what the issue is.

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

Do you remember - late 90s to about the TO signing the complaint was that the Eagles were cheap - cap champions. Then a report came out around 06 by ... I think USA Today, not sure ... that listed NFL teams in order of actual cap dollars spent over a 5 year period from about 01 to 05. Eagles were #1. Things aren't always how they appear.

yeah. No matter what though, fans wont be happy. Spend, dont spend doesnt matter. Theyll believe what they want to believe. 

26 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Did we use all of our ‘21 cap on contract extensions/restructures or were we able to create more in ‘22 with what we had left?

Cool it with the football questions. This is your only warning.

Whatever they didn't use got rolled over into 2022.

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Speaking of New Zealand, it is near Australia, and that's where she lives...

nzjvRp4rWz8q-mEYdX31LsUW-N-ikFeR_hxpaB5U

Lol yes.

Aussies are so fit because they're always in fight or flight mode because everything in Australia is poisonous or venomous and tryi h to eat you.

Venomous spiders, venomous flying things, venomous fish, poisonous plants ect 

NZ has a 3 sheep to every person ratio, sheep make pillows and sweaters they don't try to kill me😊

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I really didnt say he was going to make a splash move. I said he can make some noise. He has a lot of money to spend. He can now bring in a lot of talent. And they can all be smart moves. I didnt imply differently. But you inferred it and ignored the rest of the post that could have lead to some decent football and roster building discussion. 

MAJOR NOISE!