Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

This upcoming draft is definitely deeper at WR than QB it's also really deep at defense, particularly DB and DL where I'd rather they focus their attention.

I get your point though in a pass happy league can never have too many WRs unless your QB can't pass.

I think place holder thing makes sense.

Either way I just hope Howie doesn't screw up the picks.

I'm a little torn on receiver. There's quite a few in the draft that would fit on the outside as well as FA. Not sure how rich I want to go with it. I do want a slot upgrade too, whether Kirk, Crowder or a draft pick like Wan'Dale Robinson. If they decide to go FA outside receiver then get me Robinson for the slot. 

• Like 1

For people who are wanting the Eagles to upgrade at WR with a veteran.  There is a name to watch that I think becomes available in a trade this offseason if Broncos trade for Rodgers and they sign Davante Adams to go along with him since they just signed the Packers OC as their HC and the Broncos have always made the most sense for Rodgers since this all started a year ago.

With the young WRs on the Packers, if they signed Adams too to go along with Rodgers then that creates a potential odd man out situation.  They could keep all three but with how much Adams contract will be along with the addition of Rodgers and the new deal he will likely receive after trade makes me think Courtland Sutton becomes available.  Jeudy and Hamler are on rookie contracts.  With his injury history maybe there is a chance he is traded for a day 2 pick.  He'd give the Eagles that big bodied WR that everyone desires.  He is only 26 years old right now and he is under contract until 2026.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Smith ended up being an ideal fit for this type of offense, actually.  He’s an elite route runner, who has thrived as a great possession receiver so far. (Which is what this offense needs).

I’d like to see him get more opportunities on deeper routes, etc but the offense being what it is now, I think what they’re doing with him is fine.

Yeah, he can go up and get the crappy thrown balls

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For people who are wanting the Eagles to upgrade at WR with a veteran.  There is a name to watch that I think becomes available in a trade this offseason if Broncos trade for Rodgers and they sign Davante Adams to go along with him since they just signed the Packers OC as their HC and the Broncos have always made the most sense for Rodgers since this all started a year ago.

With the young WRs on the Packers, if they signed Adams too to go along with Rodgers then that creates a potential odd man out situation.  They could keep all three but with how much Adams contract will be along with the addition of Rodgers and the new deal he will likely receive after trade makes me think Courtland Sutton becomes available.  Jeudy and Hamler are on rookie contracts.  With his injury history maybe there is a chance he is traded for a day 2 pick.  He'd give the Eagles that big bodied WR that everyone desires.  He is only 26 years old right now and he is under contract until 2026.  

Howie will stop reading at injury history and pick up the phone

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Switzerland has a LOT of guns in private homes though they're not hand guns. What those countries don't laud is diversity. Yeah, I know this'll make me popular but they don't. That doesn't mean they're racist, just that they all live by the same rules. That is not true in the U.S. I remember a column by Walter Williams about growing up black in North Philadelphia. It was a LOT different that it is today, and in a good way. Wives not baby mamas, usually 2 parents in homes, children that mostly became functional adults, not fodder for the correction and rehab industries. How boring, huh?

Hate to say it, but you just described a lot of white, rural working class America.

Funny how economic depression and social dysfunction go hand in hand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Howie will stop reading at injury history and pick up the phone

He gets paid a decent penny. I always liked him but he has some injury history and he was a little disappointing this year. 

Maybe not all that interesting, but Zach Berman heard that Brandon Staley, Josh McDaniels and Arthur Smith all wanted Gannon to be their DC last year. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Aside from a trade for Wilson, Watson or Rodgers, I think the only other splash move would be signing Davante Adams.  I don't think there's another big name FA.  I mean they could look at signing Anthony Barr or Hassan Reddick as a sort of splash move but depending on the cost I think those could be reasonable signings.  

Agreed and have no interest in the QB trades.

As far as team building, you don't run the ball 70% of the time, and you don't pass 70% of the time (well, maybe Big Red).

So you don't pick WRs who can't run block unless they're so good they're great decoys, and you don't pick WRs who can't run routes and catch he ball.

You're going to have different packages in any case - and who knows what you'll need two years from now.

Just go with BPA within the parameters set by your schemes. People overthink this.

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hate to say it, but you just described a lot of white, rural working class America.

Funny how economic depression and social dysfunction go hand in hand.

They don't have to. I grew up in what could be fairly characterized as white rural(certainly) America. Yes there were a few dysfunctional young people but they were very far from the rule. Lots of guns around but people were not shooting one another. Petty crime was not winked at by the community. You may not want to hear this but churches played a major role in the social fabric. But they were not political. Most kids went to Sunday School so we didn't learn our morals from Hollywood.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Maybe not all that interesting, but he heard that Brandon Staley, Josh McDaniels and Arthur Smith all wanted Gannon to be their DC last year. 

With better personnel maybe we get the turnovers that IND gets, otherwise we are already there… lots of yards allowed, not many sacks, not great in the RZ. That’s what Eberflus has accomplished in 4 seasons.

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Back to football...

What do you think the best way to address #2 WR?

Draft choice (if so, how high of a pick), free agency (if so, what tier), or creating a national marijuana law?

Well, I am a fan of a national marijuana law the Corey Booker and Ron Wyden proposed but I am not sure it can catch (on). 

I hate spending more resources there but it is probably necessary.  Pascal in free agency is a real possibility. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It has been widely reported Jeudy goes to Green Bay in any potential Rodgers deal

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It has been widely reported Jeudy goes to Green Bay in any potential Rodgers deal

The trade going back to the packers is going to be ridiculous haul if it’s rodgers and Adams. If i were GB I’d want jeudy and Noah fant along with all the picks they can get back. 

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Widely assumed.  That’s if he goes to Denver.  Dumb destination for him/them.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Widely assumed.  That’s if he goes to Denver.  Dumb destination for him/them.  

Tons of weapons, decent line and good defense.

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

I would tar and feather you , but that would be uncivilized 

That's because you want him to be naked while you do it Seymour Buttcracks. 

• Like 1

Nathaniel is going to be under pressure to win in Denver. He has his work cut out for him, will be interesting to see if he can Hackett. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Something about him just makes me nervous…

I have zero knowledge about him yet, but based on this picture, he is a 50/50 guy that can't create separation and he went to USC.  So at this moment, I see a combination of JJAW, Mike Williams, and Dwayne Jarrett.  He will be Howie's 2nd rounder.  Maybe even 19!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Tons of weapons, decent line and good defense.

I know what they have.  The AFC is loaded with stiff competition.  He’s be wise to stay in GB or try to get to SF.  

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nathaniel is going to be under pressure to win in Denver. He has his work cut out for him, will be interesting to see if he can Hackett. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

why did I think of this guy reading that tweet.

The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon Episode 15: We Are Men Edition

• Like 1
  • Haha 1