Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

42 minutes ago, austinfan said:

As far as team building, you don't run the ball 70% of the time, and you don't pass 70% of the time (well, maybe Big Red).

So you don't pick WRs who can't run block unless they're so good they're great decoys, and you don't pick WRs who can't run routes and catch he ball.

You're going to have different packages in any case - and who knows what you'll need two years from now.

Just go with BPA within the parameters set by your schemes. People overthink this.

In other words, you dont draft Reagor and JJAW.  Yeah, we know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nathaniel is going to be under pressure to win in Denver. He has his work cut out for him, will be interesting to see if he can Hackett. 

image.gif.409a103634e4c99345cc8421b9a90930.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I would’ve went with no s*** sher….. howie 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Howie would have gotten away with not doing it too if it weren't for those meddling coaches. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Lesser known CBs I like

Marcus jones

Martin Emerson

Storm Duck

Tariq Woolen

Kyler Gordon 

really good DB class 

I like Marcus Jones as a returner.  Don’t really care for him as a CB or receiver (UH had him line up as both). Way too short. 

Watched Drake London, expecting to see a guy who only made contested catches. I was pleasantly surprised. For a guy who is 6-5, 210 pounds he’s surprisingly nimble. He has good feet as evidenced by his RAC ability. Obviously he’s dynamic at the catch point, but he did show the ability to separate on out-breaking routes and double moves. 

He’s nowhere close to JJAW as a prospect. I think he could learn to separate a little better in the pros, like Michael Pittman has. He’s also competitive as heck, and blocks his butt off. 

I bet Sirianni will love him. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie would have gotten away with not doing it too if it weren't for those meddling coaches. 

41F35BB8-D9D6-4281-998B-A76199A52AAD.jpeg

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Would that get us extra 3rd round picks?

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Would that get us extra 3rd round picks?

No

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

41F35BB8-D9D6-4281-998B-A76199A52AAD.jpeg

Brilliant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Board acted up a bit.  

The F was that?  I thought my IT department flagged my work computer. I was about to start looking for new jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No

Maybe we need him to take a 23 and me test just to be sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Board acted up a bit.  

I blame Howie 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The F was that?  I thought my IT department flagged my work computer. I was about to start looking for new jobs. 

GD Russians 

9 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Maybe we need him to take a 23 and me test just to be sure.

He’s definitely a minority, he’s just not getting a GM job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Thanks a lot.  That song's in my head for the rest of the night.  

I like this version. Its even good on mute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Board acted up a bit.  

Glad it wasn't just me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

I'm a little torn on receiver. There's quite a few in the draft that would fit on the outside as well as FA. Not sure how rich I want to go with it. I do want a slot upgrade too, whether Kirk, Crowder or a draft pick like Wan'Dale Robinson. If they decide to go FA outside receiver then get me Robinson for the slot. 

Always liked Robinson and I'm not even a Penn St fan.

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If I hear baby shark one more time I may strangle my kids, from now on I'll watch this on mute while it's playing 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It’s nails on a chalkboard. 
image.gif.13e3d9463ef4f75f95d61947d1d0d3cd.gif

3 hours ago, wussbasket said:

Then why did they draft Smith if they were going to run this type of offense? You can't rely on a running offense to consistently win games. The Eagles showed you that this year, and the Colts also showed you that. Howie is going to build the team for the future, not for just the next season. The moment Hurts isn't the starter all of those resources become wasted. It is much easier to draft the players you think would fit your vision of the offense instead of forcing yourself to adapt to a playing style that is not sustainable.

I suspect we will see a focus on balanced offenses that utilize the run to set up the pass, both with the Eagles and throughout the NFL.  As defenses become lighter and DEs and LBs don’t excel at guarding the edges and having the size to combat the run, OCs will exploit that opportunity.  The nature of college ball is we are seeing a proliferation of shorter dual action QBs too.  That doesn’t mean that the run will dominate the pass but rather offenses will take what is given.   I believe given the diminished quality of defensive players that the Eagles exploited a run, ball control offense as much for the sake of the defense as Hurts.  I no way did I see this as a winning record team, much less a playoff team.  That doesn’t make me a believer that Hurts suddenly reads defenses and open players, learns pocket discipline and suddenly develops a quick trigger.  But this idea he cannot pass or read at all is ludicrous. I fully expect he is the QB for 2022.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For people who are wanting the Eagles to upgrade at WR with a veteran.  There is a name to watch that I think becomes available in a trade this offseason if Broncos trade for Rodgers and they sign Davante Adams to go along with him since they just signed the Packers OC as their HC and the Broncos have always made the most sense for Rodgers since this all started a year ago.

With the young WRs on the Packers, if they signed Adams too to go along with Rodgers then that creates a potential odd man out situation.  They could keep all three but with how much Adams contract will be along with the addition of Rodgers and the new deal he will likely receive after trade makes me think Courtland Sutton becomes available.  Jeudy and Hamler are on rookie contracts.  With his injury history maybe there is a chance he is traded for a day 2 pick.  He'd give the Eagles that big bodied WR that everyone desires.  He is only 26 years old right now and he is under contract until 2026.  

Hed definitely be an upgrade over the current big bodied receiver on the eagles roster.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Watched Drake London, expecting to see a guy who only made contested catches. I was pleasantly surprised. For a guy who is 6-5, 210 pounds he’s surprisingly nimble. He has good feet as evidenced by his RAC ability. Obviously he’s dynamic at the catch point, but he did show the ability to separate on out-breaking routes and double moves. 

He’s nowhere close to JJAW as a prospect. I think he could learn to separate a little better in the pros, like Michael Pittman has. He’s also competitive as heck, and blocks his butt off. 

I bet Sirianni will love him. 

I watched a PFF podcast with a mock draft a few days ago. One of those PFF guys is crazy about London and has him as WR1 in the draft, and iirc he said that was the case even before Jameson Williams tore his ACL.

Since then, I have noticed a few other mocks with London as the first WR off the board. I think there was even one with us taking him and calling him the WR1 of the draft.

I love his RAC. He is so big, and runs determined to break away. Even after a contested catch with a DB right on him he has the strength to get away and start picking up extra yards. But.... there are entire highlight videos of him never being open even once. Honestly, I never even watched any more because I figured if hes not even open in his highlights, there cant be much more to see in non-highlights.

From what you say, maybe I need to look more.