Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hed definitely be an upgrade over the current big bodied receiver on the eagles roster.

Who wouldn’t? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If I hear baby shark one more time I may strangle my kids, from now on I'll watch this on mute while it's playing 👍

I read a comment on that youtube video once "Mom, Dad is watching baby shark again!!!"

Yeah.... that could have happened in my house. any time the kids, or the wife started singing that song, I would switch it to that video. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Who wouldn’t? 

image.jpeg.ee71044989ea8061402bfafa5dfa1b4e.jpeg

Nm - I take that back.  He'd also be an upgrade. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

image.jpeg.ee71044989ea8061402bfafa5dfa1b4e.jpeg

Nm - I take that back.  He'd also be an upgrade. 

LOL.  Hank "The Body” Fraley 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I watched a PFF podcast with a mock draft a few days ago. One of those PFF guys is crazy about London and has him as WR1 in the draft, and iirc he said that was the case even before Jameson Williams tore his ACL.

Since then, I have noticed a few other mocks with London as the first WR off the board. I think there was even one with us taking him and calling him the WR1 of the draft.

I love his RAC. He is so big, and runs determined to break away. Even after a contested catch with a DB right on him he has the strength to get away and start picking up extra yards. But.... there are entire highlight videos of him never being open even once. Honestly, I never even watched any more because I figured if hes not even open in his highlights, there cant be much more to see in non-highlights.

From what you say, maybe I need to look more.

Oh... I hope not.   That's a Matt Millen level move - 3 straight years with a WR in the first round.  Please no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Watched Drake London, expecting to see a guy who only made contested catches. I was pleasantly surprised. For a guy who is 6-5, 210 pounds he’s surprisingly nimble. He has good feet as evidenced by his RAC ability. Obviously he’s dynamic at the catch point, but he did show the ability to separate on out-breaking routes and double moves. 

I bet Sirianni will love him. 

As long as he has an ok combine (which he will if he's healthy), he'll go top 15. Too many outside zone teams in the top 15 that care about YAC and run blocking (Jets, Falcons, Vikings, Broncos, Browns).

As long as he runs a sub 4.5 40 yard dash, London will go top 10 easy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

As long as he has an ok combine (which he will if he's healthy), he'll go top 15. Too many outside zone teams in the top 15 that care about YAC and run blocking (Jets, Falcons, Vikings, Broncos, Browns).

I still feel that Jalen Hurts would never throw to him because he wont be open enough. Hurts doesnt anticipate. And he doesnt throw guys open. He needs to see them open before he lets it go. He will pretty much never see London open. 

Im not saying London cant have success. But Im pretty sure he wont have success in Philly with Hurts at QB. I think he will need the right QB who makes those throws. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Is that you Howie?

I still have 10 more pages to catch up on, but I'm nominating this for Turkey Hill Post Of The Day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh... I hope not.   That's a Matt Millen level move - 3 straight years with a WR in the first round.  Please no.

Horrible use of resources. Mid round? Fine. Hell ill take metchie in the third. Doubt he lasts that long.

wydeymyer would be soooo tempting in the second

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Nope

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I’ll bet he won’t.  3 months control of the avatar.  You in?  

At London's size, running a 4.55 is a good time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ll bet he won’t.  3 months control of the avatar.  You in?  

1-800-GAMBLER

:roll:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

1-800-GAMBLER

:roll:

Nope.  I have made 4 avatar bets in here over the years.  I’m 4-0.  

When someone makes an outlandish proclamation like that, I can’t resist.  

Are we getting the speed/size fetish again.

There was only one Randy Moss, one Calvin Johnson.

Being tall, being fast or even both doesn't make you a good WR.

How about some detail on routes, hands, high pointing, body control, run blocking, YAC, football IQ. You know, the package of skills you need to be a good NFL receiver.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

How about some detail on routes, hands, high pointing, body control, run blocking, YAC, football IQ. You know, the package of skills you need to be a good NFL receiver.

justin-jefferson.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Nope

That's what I keep reading from the draft guys. Both Kiper and McShay have him top 10, the NFLN guys have him 13 and 16, and PFF has him at #12.

If he runs a 40 is 4.4s I think he'll be a top 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Too bad your man crush Howie and his Sugar Daddy Lurie don’t care about what you say.  Evidence by their drafting of the position the past 6 years.  

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

That's what I keep reading from the draft guys. Both Kiper and McShay have him top 10, the NFLN guys have him 13 and 16, and PFF has him at #12.

Do we have a bet?  It’ll only count if he runs sun 4.50 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad your man crush Howie and his Sugar Daddy Lurie don’t care about what you say.  Evidence by their drafting of the position the past 6 years.  

Smith?

I like some of London's skill set, but he's almost too tall. I think he's going to be injury prone in the pro's. 

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

At London's size, running a 4.55 is a good time. 

He reportedly ran a 4.48 pre-injury, his pro comp Mike Evans ran a 4.53.

Will make for a fun combine, lots of WR and DBs, too bad Jameson and Metchie got injured.

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

London has below average speed. High 4.5s at best

I want Williams or Burks, a great yac player is a perfect compliment to what we have right now.