Michael Flynn

The_Omega

Nadler Explodes Over DOJ Dropping Flynn Case

image.gif.ce6fb60749592c2e311a1353da634fc3.gif

Megs, 

How do you reconcile the government dropping charges after he pled guilty to committing crimes?

It’s beyond obvious now that this whole thing actually was a witch hunt. A coordinated and premeditated one at that.

I really hope these scumbags get the same treatment their victims received, because they actually deserve it.

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Megs, 

How do you reconcile the government dropping charges after he pled guilty to committing crimes?

Because the government recognizes that they threatened him to get the guilty plea.  This is one of the worst abuses of power ever.  EVER!

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Megs, 

Coercion, obviously.

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Because the government recognizes that they threatened him to get the guilty plea.  This is one of the worst abuses of power ever.  EVER!

I think the reason the charges were dropped was because Barr got involved.

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, to force them to quit railroading a career military hero. They threatened to target his son if he didn’t plead guilty. It’s all out there, or coming out soon. Political prosecutions are banana republic crap, and shouldn’t be tolerated by anyone.

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Yeah, to force them to quit railroading a career military hero. They threatened to target his son if he didn’t plead guilty. It’s all out there, or coming out soon. Political prosecutions are banana republic crap, and shouldn’t be tolerated by anyone.

It's all coming out soon?  You know Trump is trying to block the release of the Mueller grand jury documents, right?

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

It's all coming out soon?  You know Trump is trying to block the release of the Mueller grand jury documents, right?

It’s part of an ongoing investigation, and when are grand jury documents ever released? You know that Schiff is blocking the release of testimony that even he voted to release, right?

10 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

It’s part of an ongoing investigation, and when are grand jury documents ever released? You know that Schiff is blocking the release of testimony that even he voted to release, right?

I'm talking about Trump trying to block the Supreme Court from releasing Mueller's grand jury documents to the House Judiciary Committee. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-administration-asks-supreme-court-to-block-release-of-mueller-grand-jury-material

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-asks-supreme-court-to-block-house-access-to-mueller-probe-documents-11588878569

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-wants-supreme-court-to-keep-mueller-grand-jury-materials-out-of-hands-of-house-judiciary-committee-2020-05-07

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

So you’re ok with weaponizing and politicizing the justice system, but only when Democrats are doing it? And I know what you’re talking about, but that’s all being investigated, and will soon be exposed.

Just now, The_Omega said:

So you’re ok with weaponizing and politicizing the justice system, but only when Democrats are doing it?

The Department of Justice is in the Executive Branch.  The FBI is part of the Justice Department.  See where I'm going with this?

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

The Department of Justice is in the Executive Branch.  The FBI is part of the Justice Department.  See where I'm going with this?

Sure, leftovers from the 0bama administration attempted a coup with the greatest abuse of power in our country’s history.  On this we agree.

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Sure, leftovers from the 0bama administration attempted a coup with the greatest abuse of power in our country’s history.  On this we agree.

yeah, it was the Deep State.

Crimes don’t count if you’re friends with the president!

2 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

yeah, it was the Deep State.

Are you being sarcastic? Is this even a question?

Call them what you will, but it was a bunch of politically motivated bureaucrats trying to take down the rightfully elected president because they didn’t like him and his policies. Abuse of power doesn’t even begin to describe it.

This should scare the absolute sh** out of anyone with a brain. And if it doesn’t, just remember that the shoe will be on the other foot some day. You let them get away with it now and you can’t cry later when it happens to your guy with the policies you want and you voted into office.

13 minutes ago, TEW said:

Are you being sarcastic? Is this even a question?

Call them what you will, but it was a bunch of politically motivated bureaucrats trying to take down the rightfully elected president because they didn’t like him and his policies. Abuse of power doesn’t even begin to describe it.

This should scare the absolute sh** out of anyone with a brain. And if it doesn’t, just remember that the shoe will be on the other foot some day. You let them get away with it now and you can’t cry later when it happens to your guy with the policies you want and you voted into office.

eh, he pled guilty to lying to the FBI because he did lie.  even if he was "entrapped" he still lied about his conversations with Kislyak (to the FBI and Pence) because he knew they were wrong.  Honestly, I don't have much sympathy for Flynn.  If he's able to wiggle out of this it's because he has powerful friends.  Not because he's a stand-up guy.

Just now, Dave Moss said:

eh, he pled guilty to lying to the FBI because he did lie.  even if he was "entrapped" he still lied about his conversations with Kislyak because he knew they were wrong.  Honestly, I don't have much sympathy for Flynn.  If he's able to wiggle out of this it's because he has powerful friends.

He plead guilty to lying because they were going to go after his family. Their own records show that they didn’t believe he lied in any intentional or malicious way.

I’m interested to see what the Judge does with this.  He’s got sworn statements from Flynn that can’t just be erased from the record.

7 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Yep, clear as day.  The FBI used procedures they've used for a long time.  Nothing new there other than Trump deciding to politicize them.  Barr is a royal piece of sheet.  Flynn the same.

Happy to debate those long standing FBI procedures.  Flynn doesn't get a pass from me on the moral level BUT I'm happy to let him slide on the entrapment angle IF that is illegal.  Is it?  I read it isn't illegal for the FBI to use entrapment.  If it isn't illegal then Flynn should not be let off AND then we can discuss changing the laws in Congress.

He was caught lying and plead guilty. Twice.

It is insane that a case, in sentencing phase, is dropped due to White House interference.

8 hours ago, TEW said:

He plead guilty to lying because they were going to go after his family. Their own records show that they didn’t believe he lied in any intentional or malicious way.

So lying to the FBI is ok so long as it’s not a "malicious” lie?  

liars and crooks covering up for other liars and crooks....that's the modern repug party. 

FBI: Flynn lied. Twice

Flynn: I apologize for breaking the law and I am turning to God for forgiveness.

Trump: I had to fire the guy because he lied to Pence and the FBI.

Barr: None of that ever happened. Pay no attention to any of this. History is written by the winners.

Archived