Nick Foles (ex-Bears QB) -- SIGNED WITH INDIANAPOLIS

Procus

Sorry if there's a thread buried somewhere here - but he's such an obvious answer at QB.  And he's perfect for the Eagles right now.  Hurts can win you games situationally, and he can carry you through part of the season, but he's not the guy for the playoffs.  Foles record speaks for itself.  And he won't cost the team an inordinate amount in either draft capital or cap charge.

The other beauty of having Foles on the roster is that the team can keep a different offense in its hip pocket and throw a big curve to the opposition.

The key with Foles is knowing how to use him.  He's not the guy to be your opening day starter.  Good for spot duty early - mid season, and great to take over the load mid-late season/playoffs coming in fresh with that big 6'6" frame.  Combine that with throwing an entirely different offense at the other team and it could be deadly.

I'll tell you one thing - if Foles is starting that playoff game in Tampa, the Eagles probably still don't win, but they make a respectable showing.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Would be hilarious to see him win a playoff game for the Colts after Carson missed the playoffs with them. If we didn't make it, I'd root for him to win another super bowl.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

Would be hilarious to see him win a playoff game for the Colts after Carson missed the playoffs with them. If we didn't make it, I'd root for him to win another super bowl.

Reasonable. If we're out of it I have no reason to hate indy