Jump to content
downundermike

*** EMB 2022 fantasy baseball ***

Recommended Posts

@Shepard Wong I might consider it when I know whether Gore will stick in the rotation when Snell comes back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love it, first at bat of the day Urias hits a home run.

8 strikeouts and 1 walk later I have -1 points for the day.

 

@Shepard Wong to bad I did not accept your trade earlier, got one last golden sombrero from Trevor Story.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

@Shepard Wong I might consider it when I know whether Gore will stick in the rotation when Snell comes back 

This whole comeback thing I’m trying to do this week would be easier if you stopped scoring so much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@downundermike

If a Starting Pitcher misses a start because of a postponed game, does it count against the team's weekly allotment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

@downundermike

If a Starting Pitcher misses a start because of a postponed game, does it count against the team's weekly allotment?

No

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another last day comeback victory. That’s my third this season. Lucks gotta run out at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Iggles25 said:

@downundermike

If a Starting Pitcher misses a start because of a postponed game, does it count against the team's weekly allotment?

No. The pitcher has to be active in your lineup and has to start the game. It counts as a start once he throws the first pitch.

For instance, last week Kershaw was scheduled to start against the Phillies, but he was pulled out and put on the Injured List before the game. The start didn't count because he didn't play.

Typically if it's a rainout, he will be scheduled to pitch the next game. Then it will count.  (If the game starts and there's a rain delay in the first inning, then he doesn't come back out to pitch, tough luck.) But if he's on the bench, the start doesn't count and you don't get any points either. Something to keep in mind as you set your roster for the week. I will try to keep a starter in the lineup for an extra day or two in case his start is bumped. But you only get 11 starts to work with. If the 11th starter pitches on Saturday, and your ace is up on Sunday, you might think about benching a player during the week to get Sunday's start and points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise when @BirdsFanBill turned down my trade offer for Bryce Harper. Paul Goldschmidt has been on a tear and Bogaerts is a hitting machine. Bryce Well let’s just say he hasn’t found his stride yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise when @BirdsFanBill turned down my trade offer for Bryce Harper. Paul Goldschmidt has been on a tear and Bogaerts is a hitting machine. Bryce Well let’s just say he hasn’t found his stride yet. 

True, he will get on track I'm not worried.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

True, he will get on track I'm not worried.

Seems like your wait for him to get on track may be over.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryce is streaky. Always was, always will be. I know Phillies fans are a patient bunch, and they will be easy on him.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys baseball question. How come Knebel wasn’t given a save yesterday? For those who may not know Nola pitches into the 9th goes 8.1 innings leaves after giving up a double to Olsen then Knebel enters the game gets the next batter to Ground out Olsen to Third then a wild pitch Olsen scores Contreras walks Duval strikes out to end the game. 
 

Shouldn’t Knebel get the save and I get more points.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

Hey guys baseball question. How come Knebel wasn’t given a save yesterday? For those who may not know Nola pitches into the 9th goes 8.1 innings leaves after giving up a double to Olsen then Knebel enters the game gets the next batter to Ground out Olsen to Third then a wild pitch Olsen scores Contreras walks Duval strikes out to end the game. 
 

Shouldn’t Knebel get the save and I get more points.😁

Because it was a 4 run lead when he entered the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...