Bryce Young (Alabama QB) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #1

philafan4o8

I will go ahead and lead the way on this one. As of right now, Young and Stroud are the consensus 1-2 QBs for next year. 

I am pounding the table for Bryce Young. I know NFL execs and scouts over evaluate these guys but I know what I see in Bryce Young. He is small but he is a leader and a winner. He can make all the throws and is not uncomfortable in big moments dating back to his time at Mater Dei. Super elusive, quick release and great improv skills.

what sets him apart from Stroud in my opinion is his performances in big time games. Stroud did not look great and lost against Michigan or Oregon which were the two biggest games of the season for OSU. Meanwhile Bryce Young had his bad performances against Auburn and Georgia (National Championship Game). But in the Auburn game he led them back and won the game and vs Georgia he was not only missing his top 2 WRs but the back ups could not catch a damn cold.

I think we all know Hurts is not the Guy and the Eagles know that too. Don’t be fooled if the QB crop in 2022 was like it is in 2023 the Eagles would have drafted a QB in this draft. They were clearly in on Russell Wilson and Watson and they did not want to come to Philly. Eagles will replace Hurts after the season barring a deep playoff run.

I am not a fan of Bryce and for some of the reasons you stated in there... looking to see who steps up this year although it's always hard for guys that go to Alabama or

OSU to fall playing with some of the best talent at most positions. 

HARD PASS on Bryce Young. No thanks.

image.thumb.png.e8d5cfe76b77856240f99ad04748e205.png

This is him next to, at the time, an 8th grade QB prospect: Wyatt Becker.

DO NOT WANT!

• Haha 1

Might be a smart idea to let the season get to the mid point of the college season before wanting a player. So many things can happen in a year. You see it every year that a QB is best in the biz at the beginning of the year only to be 4th or 5th best at the end of the season. Not to even mention other possibilities like he gets in trouble with the law, death, career ending injury, has a mental breakdown and quits football. 

Just saying might want to slow your role for a bit, lol. Post this in about 6 to 8 months

22 minutes ago, Breeze 44 said:

I am not a fan of Bryce and for some of the reasons you stated in there... looking to see who steps up this year although it's always hard for guys that go to Alabama or

OSU to fall playing with some of the best talent at most positions. 

My boy Spencer Rattler going to set the SEC on fire!

I'm not a fan , but let's watch the season play out first.   As we saw this year, crazy development happens sometimes.  The next Joe Burrow is out there.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, philafan4o8 said:

I will go ahead and lead the way on this one. As of right now, Young and Stroud are the consensus 1-2 QBs for next year. 

I am pounding the table for Bryce Young. I know NFL execs and scouts over evaluate these guys but I know what I see in Bryce Young. He is small but he is a leader and a winner. He can make all the throws and is not uncomfortable in big moments dating back to his time at Mater Dei. Super elusive, quick release and great improv skills.

what sets him apart from Stroud in my opinion is his performances in big time games. Stroud did not look great and lost against Michigan or Oregon which were the two biggest games of the season for OSU. Meanwhile Bryce Young had his bad performances against Auburn and Georgia (National Championship Game). But in the Auburn game he led them back and won the game and vs Georgia he was not only missing his top 2 WRs but the back ups could not catch a damn cold.

I think we all know Hurts is not the Guy and the Eagles know that too. Don’t be fooled if the QB crop in 2022 was like it is in 2023 the Eagles would have drafted a QB in this draft. They were clearly in on Russell Wilson and Watson and they did not want to come to Philly. Eagles will replace Hurts after the season barring a deep playoff run.

Bryce Young is going to get broken in half in the NFL. His frame is way too small and narrow.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Bryce Young is going to get broken in half in the NFL. His frame is way too small and narrow.

There are a few reason why I think Bryce Young will be success in the NFL:

1. He is not a running QB. He is one of the best in college football when it comes to getting rid of the ball and not taking unnecessary hits. Will they hit him in the NFL yes but it doesnt matter who is at QB it is going to hurt. I can almost guarantee he will be more healthy in the NFL than a Wentz who is a huge Qb. Kyler Murray is a running QB and that takes a toll on his body as the season progresses. 
  2. His arm talent and anticipation is underrated. If teams can look pass his size, they will see the most talented QB in the class by far.
  3. He has played at the highest level at every level he played at and hasnt missed a game. Mater Dei played a national schedule and Alabama plays in the SEC. He is highly experienced and understands what he is and how to succeed at the highest level. Didn't they say the size thing with Devonta Smith also?

If you look at things in a vacuum then Bryce Young as of right now is the best QB in the class and a better prospect than any other QB that has come out from Alabama. Yall will see this season. Alabama does not have those same names at WR they have had in previous years.

Lastly, they said the same thing when he was going to Alabama. You have to see him in person to be a believer. TV doesn't do him justice.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, D-Shiznit said:

HARD PASS on Bryce Young. No thanks.

image.thumb.png.e8d5cfe76b77856240f99ad04748e205.png

This is him next to, at the time, an 8th grade QB prospect: Wyatt Becker.

DO NOT WANT!

Means nothing, did you see the size of Andy Reid in 8th Grade? That dude could be that sort of kid.

6 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Means nothing, did you see the size of Andy Reid in 8th Grade? That dude could be that sort of kid.

The kid is 6'1" 165 Lbs.

Not exactly Andy Reid...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, philafan4o8 said:

His arm talent and anticipation is underrated. If teams can look pass his size, they will see the most talented QB in the class by far.

Underratted by who, Bozo The Clown?

Bryce Young is a natural, he sees the opening and throws a strike time after time.  The Eagles haven't had a natural like him since Norm Van Brocklin.

Bottom line, you don't pass on a natural at QB, no pun intended,  if he's available and the Eagles pass they'll regret it forever.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 8:09 PM, EagleVA said:

Underratted by who, Bozo The Clown?

Bryce Young is a natural, he sees the opening and throws a strike time after time.  The Eagles haven't had a natural like him since Norm Van Brocklin.

Bottom line, you don't pass on a natural at QB, no pun intended,  if he's available and the Eagles pass they'll regret it forever.

Basically. People are questioning a lot about him you can read it online. I am not falling for it and seems like you are not either. How CJ Strout is universally seen as the best going into the season is beyond words. CJ Strout basically crumbled in the two biggest games of the season vs Oregon and Michigan. Young is my QB1 regardless. He is just a winner

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not a fan , but let's watch the season play out first.   As we saw this year, crazy development happens sometimes.  The next Joe Burrow is out there.

Yep. It's a little early to crown him or condemn him. Will he continue to progress or do opponents have his number- and if so can he adapt?

And it's also early to be giving up on Hurts. Give the guy the season before looking to replace him.

2 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

And it's also early to be giving up on Hurts. Give the guy the season before looking to replace him.

But they can't draft a QB until next April anyway so may as well look at the best options?

• 4 weeks later...

Bryce was amazing against Tennessee. He's a killer and has so much potential. The only criticism he has at all is his size but he's shown he can take huge hits against future NFL players his whole college career. The shoulder injury this year was him doing too much at the end of a play and falling awkwardly but he was only out one week.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, philafan4o8 said:

My boy Spencer Rattler going to set the SEC on fire!

Rattler and Williams were both products of Riley. Luckily one got to keep him

9 hours ago, nipples said:

Hurts is definitely going to be extended. Might as well lock this up. 

Yeah I don't see at this point how he doesn't get extended. I mean unless he sucks the next few weeks which I'm not sure he's going to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 3:39 PM, nipples said:

Hurts is definitely going to be extended. Might as well lock this up. 

On 10/28/2022 at 12:44 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I don't see at this point how he doesn't get extended. I mean unless he sucks the next few weeks which I'm not sure he's going to. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:01 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Yup, at the very f'in least, Hurts has earned another year.

Likely extension tbh.

Don't need to lock this thread up but it should definitely be unpinned so we can get realistic targets to the top of this forum.

They are not taking a QB in the first now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Don't need to lock this thread up but it should definitely be unpinned so we can get realistic targets to the top of this forum.

They are not taking a QB in the first now.

Yeah I mean unless Hurts has some real dramatic fall off in the second half of the year that's very very unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...

@Moderator6 can we unpin the QBs in this section? No need to lock them, but the Eagles are pretty clearly going to go in another direction now in the draft.

• Like 2