Bijan Robinson (Texas RB) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #8

NJWolverEagle11

Texas RB, rising junior. Was wondering if he was eligible this year but want him next yr regardless of what happens w. Sanders. Very dynamic runner and pass catcher. 

1127 rush yards and 295 receiving yards in 2021. Will def have an eye on him in '22.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Probably too rich for us, but he‘s good. Like, really good.

Well anything can change in a year but Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker went rd 2 if I recall w over 1500 yds last year.

If Robinson has a year similar to last let's say 1100 to 1200 yds I think he can be had in rd 2 (maybe even later). But hey lots of time for lots of stuff to happen between now and then 

• Like 1

Beat me to it lol but yes I think he ends up being a top 10 pick. I think best prospect at RB in a long time

11 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Beat me to it lol but yes I think he ends up being a top 10 pick. I think best prospect at RB in a long time

Obviously crazy talented but do you think teams will value rb like that after guys like Zeke, Saquon, Gurley, McCaffrey?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Obviously crazy talented but do you think teams will value rb like that after guys like Zeke, Saquon, Gurley, McCaffrey?

I believe so. I think worse case is top 15. He is a better RB prospect than Najee and Najee went 20th

22 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I believe so. I think worse case is top 15. He is a better RB prospect than Najee and Najee went 20th

Very true on the Najee comp. I personally wouldn't mind if we needed to use one of our 1s on him barring we figure the qb situation out but there's a lot still to be determined on that front. Not a hurts believer BTW lol

10 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Very true on the Najee comp. I personally wouldn't mind if we needed to use one of our 1s on him barring we figure the qb situation out but there's a lot still to be determined on that front. Not a hurts believer BTW lol

True lol nothing would make me happier than if Hurts was the guy but I just dont see it

On 5/2/2022 at 10:23 PM, philafan4o8 said:

True lol nothing would make me happier than if Hurts was the guy but I just dont see it

I agree w Skip Bayless' assessment of him being a "better Tebow" (said that when we drafted him) but I have a half empty view of it lol

Part of me thinks: We can take any RB off the street and make him successful here behind our line, why waste a high pick on that.

But honestly there is that other part wondering what would happen with a star RB in that offense too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Part of me thinks: We can take any RB off the street and make him successful here behind our line, why waste a high pick on that.

But honestly there is that other part wondering what would happen with a star RB in that offense too.

I get that's the vibe of the league but when's the last time we made a late rd rb draft pick any more than a 1 yr wonder (Boston Scott aside if you count him)?

Can't see the Eagles spending a first rd pick on a rb when they have QB, CB, DE, S concerns

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, Godfather said:

Can't see the Eagles spending a first rd pick on a rb when they have QB, CB, DE, S concerns

DL, CB would seem to be the intersection of need and FO tendency. Even so if BR is a top-10 talent - I doubt that he’ll make it to the back third of the draft and he does you might need to question the gap between him and the next tier (it’s easy to rationalize passing on him).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Robinson has some fantastic cuts; can change direction on a dime.  A bit reminiscent of how Shady used to always make the first tackler miss at the LOS.

Would be very interested, but he’s not lasting until where the Eagles would select him.  Suspect he goes top 20 in the draft, even at RB.  

• Like 1

Watching NFL live and McShay has us taking him at 5

Would love to have Bijan but taking him at 5 would be a very poor use of resources

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Would love to have Bijan but taking him at 5 would be a very poor use of resources

I'd throw my TV out the window if we didn't take a DL or do a big trade down (assuming Carter + Anderson are gone) at 5

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Yeah, never in a million years would Howie take an RB at #5. We could have a lot of holes because of free agency. We could plug Gainwell, re-sign Scott and be fine at RB. I’d much rather have a young CB or DL. 

Some mocks have is picking him at 31. Seems very unlikely. Yes I did see McShay having him go 5 to us

39 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Some mocks have is picking him at 31. Seems very unlikely. Yes I did see McShay having him go 5 to us

What seems unlikely? Him being there at 31 or us making that pick? 

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

What seems unlikely? Him being there at 31 or us making that pick? 

He won't be there at 31

I saw a mock yesterday which had him to us at #5. I laughed because there's just no way that's going to happen but I guess that goes to show how high he could in theory go. 

8 hours ago, Godfather said:

If he makes it to 31 then I think we have to take him despite devaluing RBs.

But otherwise he’s not realistically on our radar.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

If he makes it to 31 then I think we have to take him despite devaluing RBs.

But otherwise he’s not realistically on our radar.

Absolutely.  No way you pass on him at 31.