Will Anderson Jr. (Alabama EDGE) -- DRAFTED BY HOUSTON #3

The Blackfish

6’4” 245lbs        
 Easily would of been the 2022 Draft’s number 1 pick if he was eligible, and projects to be 2023’s number 1 pick.   If for some reason the Eagles aren’t looking for a QB in 2023, this is the guy to get to change your defense.    

In 2022 he had 31TFL’s  and 17.5 sacks.   He’s so good and highly regarded that if Anderson sat out 2022, he’d still be a top 5 pick in 2023. 
 He has Nakobe Dean’s football IQ, but is faster and more explosive at 5 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier, he can bull rush and has the bend of a 190lb corner back.  0-5 yards, 10.7 mph. 

Absolutely love Will Anderson, but unfortunately I predict all our draft resources being aimed at getting a QB.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:57 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Absolutely love Will Anderson, but unfortunately I predict all our draft resources being aimed at getting a QB.

Yup - even so Will Anderson would be a tough get as he might go #1 even with a better crop of QBs. Other guys to keep an eye as they align well with our D:

Jalen Carter 3T/4i

Nolan Smith OLB/SAM

I think they will be 1st round picks, so also unlikely if/when we go QB, but you never know.

He is a dream pick. Pretty much 100% he'll be an all pro if he's healthy 

• 3 months later...

IF Jalen plays good enough this season, as of right now I’d want the Eagles to trade up for this guy. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:05 PM, Godfather said:

Generational player

Wow, just 2 years after the last "generational player" (Parsons).

Seriously, he does remind me a bit of Micah.  We've seen what he has been doing in Dallas.  Unfortunately, similar to 2021, even if Anderson is there when we pick, I think Howie would pass in favor of another position.  

21 hours ago, time2rock said:

Wow, just 2 years after the last "generational player" (Parsons).

Seriously, he does remind me a bit of Micah.  We've seen what he has been doing in Dallas.  Unfortunately, similar to 2021, even if Anderson is there when we pick, I think Howie would pass in favor of another position.  

I don't see the comparison and I don't think Parsons is a "generational player"

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

I don't think Parsons is a "generational player"

:blink:

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

Yup - even so Will Anderson would be a tough get as he might go #1 even with a better crop of QBs. Other guys to keep an eye as they align well with our 😧

Jalen Carter 3T/4i

Nolan Smith OLB/SAM

I think they will be 1st round picks, so also unlikely if/when we go QB, but you never know.

Hmmm… still hoping for the NO implosion, but given that they had a winning record last year with no one at QB they seem to have a floor - especially with ATL and CAR in their division. 

All aboard the Will Anderson Jr. train! If Hurts keeps this up, go get Anderson no matter what.

He's an upgraded version of Micah Parsons.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

Hmmm… still hoping for the NO implosion, but given that they had a winning record last year with no one at QB they seem to have a floor - especially with ATL and CAR in their division. 

Well they just lost to Carolina after just sneaking out with a win against Atlanta so… yeah, I still think that pick will be top 10. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Well they just lost to Carolina after just sneaking out with a win against Atlanta so… yeah, I still think that pick will be top 10. 

Yeah - they are looking like a 6-win type team, that puts them around #7... very nice.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:44 PM, pgcd3 said:

Assuming Hurts works out I'd trade both 1's to get Anderson

Might not have to say this point. Number three pick. Depending on who there is a good chance they go QB 1-2

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Might not have to say this point. Number three pick. Depending on who there is a good chance they go QB 1-2

That's the dream but we have say 8 and we need to get to 4 I'd probably do it for Anderson.

• Like 1

I'd love Anderson but does anyone really think we'd take an OLB in round 1 (regardless of how good a player he is) ... in particular with a top 5 pick?  

Who knows, maybe they're seeing how much better our defense is playing after having added 2 legit players (Reddick, White) this year and will make them reconsider past philosophies.  

46 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd love Anderson but does anyone really think we'd take an OLB in round 1 (regardless of how good a player he is) ... in particular with a top 5 pick?  

Who knows, maybe they're seeing how much better our defense is playing after having added 2 legit players (Reddick, White) this year and will make them reconsider past philosophies.  

Tell Howie he plays defensive tackle

QB needy teams will take them off the board 1-2, maybe even 1-2-3. We have a legitimate shot to get this guy with the saints pick and maybe a minor trade up if necessary

If Howie wants him, and the Saints pick is top 7ish, he’ll find a way to get his guy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...