Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Heinlen didn’t fly the coop, he was dismissed. Southwest area scout for four years.  Let me think.  Who was it that the Eagles drafted from the Southwest within the last few years.  Seems like his name started with an R.  It will come to me.

Weidl pushed hardest to draft Hurts.  I’m not unhappy in the least that Weidl is off to the Steelers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Weidl pushed hardest to draft Hurts.  I’m not unhappy in the least that Weidl is off to the Steelers

Nah that was Lurie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts is a winner. 

Sure didn't feel like winning when we had 0 points mid-way through the 3rd quarter in our playoff game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

This is why he’s violent. 

Graham is being held hostage by Howie at fist point. Somebody go help BG before Howie puts hands on him! 🥺

Jake Elliott= Big LeBowlski 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Jake Elliott= Big LeBowlski 

He just better be lucky Howie isn't on the sideline the next time he misses a kick.

• Haha 1

Wow Top Gun 2 was fantastic. May be better than the original. One of of best sequels I’ve seen (if you can call it a sequel after 30+ years)

8 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts is a winner. hard worker  

Fixed. 

10 hours ago, schuy7 said:

A lot of commotion about Simms ranking Daniel Jones over Hurts. I would take Jones over Hurts, easily. Not even close for me.

Did people even watch the video of Simms explaining why he has Hurts at 25 or is it like anything else today where they just see a headline and get all worked up?  He explains his reasoning perfectly.  I have no idea why people are so butt hurt about Hurts being ranked 25th.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

He is not one of the boys.

image.png.b20d334819701e49614a97cca4d4ca45.png

Looks like he belongs in that early 90s movie about the boys in Catholic school where they take the one kids Cadillac and it ends up getting crushed in the draw bridge....what the heck is that movie called?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

1.RPO that Hurts took way too long to throw. Half the O-line is in the endzone

2. Reagor is bad and has bad awareness 

3. Another RPO that took too long. Part of the blame is on Dillard running down the field toward no one. 

4. JJAW being an idiot 

5. Smith is good but had bad awareness on one play

6. Greg Ward has no idea how to run a pick play

7. Pretty weak call on Smith that didn't affect the play, but there was also Driscoll drifting down the field for no reason on a non RPO play

8. Holding on Herbig, pretty blatantly 

9. Bad hold on Watkins, scored a TD on that drive anyway

He's definitely missing a few. We were called on a lot of pick plays in the red zone. 

And the basic outcome is that on almost all of these... there would have been no TD if not for the penalty that was committed.  Not a single one actually looked like a play that wasn't a penalty.  

Long story short... this isn't any bit of anything.  If the team scores a TD later on the same drive, then a TD wasn't lost to the stats.  And if the TD is only scored because of the penalty, then that's kind of why it was called a penalty.  Nothing to see here in terms of changing the aggregate.  What does fly into your face is that the vast majority of these penalties were in the early weeks... after the team decided to go with all virtual OTAs... while installing a new system, with a new QB, and a bunch of younger players.  It's almost like they needed MORE on-field time.   Oh... and did I mention that they also pretty much punted on the preseason game opportunities for on-field reps as well?   Poor preparation leads directly to poor on field performance.  Who knew?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And the basic outcome is that on almost all of these... there would have been no TD if not for the penalty that was committed.  Not a single one actually looked like a play that wasn't a penalty.  

Long story short... this isn't any bit of anything.  If the team scores a TD later on the same drive, then a TD wasn't lost to the stats.  And if the TD is only scored because of the penalty, then that's kind of why it was called a penalty.  Nothing to see here in terms of changing the aggregate.  What does fly into your face is that the vast majority of these penalties were in the early weeks... after the team decided to go with all virtual OTAs... while installing a new system, with a new QB, and a bunch of younger players.  It's almost like they needed MORE on-field time.   Oh... and did I mention that they also pretty punted on the preseason game opportunities for on-field reps as well?   Poor preparation leads directly to poor on field performance.  Who knew?

Yup. I will pull an ESP and say I probably could have thrown a TD pass on those pick play penalties they were so egregious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Long story short... this isn't any bit of anything.  If the team scores a TD later on the same drive, then a TD wasn't lost to the stats.  And if the TD is only scored because of the penalty, then that's kind of why it was called a penalty.  Nothing to see here in terms of changing the aggregate.  What does fly into your face is that the vast majority of these penalties were in the early weeks... after the team decided to go with all virtual OTAs... while installing a new system, with a new QB, and a bunch of younger players.  It's almost like they needed MORE on-field time.   Oh... and did I mention that they also pretty punted on the preseason game opportunities for on-field reps as well?   Poor preparation leads directly to poor on field performance.  Who knew?

This is just crazy talk! You can't really think practice and repetitions are needed where timing and syncronization play a key role to the success of 11 men working together.

:offtopic:

Anyone have any experience with dealing with the IRS?   Got a love letter from them the other day.  Apparently, in the 2019 forms, I forgot to include the 8995 business deductions worksheet and so they disqualified all my business deductions.  This resulted in an additional tax owed, plus interest and a penalty.  My CPA is advising me to write a letter accompanying the 1040X Amended return.    Anyone think that the IRS will excuse the penalty and interest?   (I am pretty confident that the extra tax owed issue will be reversed.) 

13 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Who's the next high profile QB that ends up moving on to another team? Besides Kyler Murray.  

Outside of Baker Lol

Dak or D. Carr 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Looks like he belongs in that early 90s movie about the boys in Catholic school where they take the one kids Cadillac and it ends up getting crushed in the draw bridge....what the heck is that movie called?

He looks like he should be in Weekend at Bernies 3. 

Long story short I was forced to listen to Angelo this morning and they had Ricky Riccardo on and he said the following....

- Hurts is capable of playing at the same level as Dak, if not better. (I hate the cowboys, but this isnt true)

-If Hurts plays the same level as Dak the Eagles win "at least" 1 superbowl in the next 4 years. 

-If hurts plays better than Dak, multiply SB's are within reach. 

I then checked to see if it was April 1st followed by calling my chiropractor for shaking my head so hard I pinched a nerve. 

• Like 1

I heard one of the media guys (might have been Simms) ask the question, if the Eagles start something like 2-4 would you see Minshew come in?  Considering their first 6 games are against DET, MIN, WAS, JAX, ARI, and DAL …. yeah — I’d say something better happen if that’s a 2-4 stretch

• Like 2

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I heard one of the media guys (might have been Simms) ask the question, if the Eagles start something like 2-4 would you see Minshew come in?  Considering their first 6 games are against DET, MIN, WAS, JAX, ARI, and DAL …. yeah — I’d say something better happen if that’s a 2-4 stretch

I can see 2-4. in fact, I def see no better than 3-3.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It's very possible.   

Detroit is likely a win. 
Minnesota will be a test to see how improved the secondary is with Bradberry and still no safeties worth mentioning.  
Washington could surprise some folks this year and is likely to be roughly a 0.500 team (which is much harder to do now with 17 games, as it requires a tie)
Jacksonville should be a win.  But, crazy things have been known to happen.  Still though, I don't see that as a loss.
Arizona... that could easily be a loss.
Dallas... yeah, last year this team wasn't even in their one real matchup.  And we didn't get to see if Hurts grew as a QB from then until the final week by letting him sit out.  

2-4?   Yeah, it's fairly possible.    It's likely the worst case scenario, and I think they have a greater chance of being 4-2 than 2-4, but it could happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's very possible.   

Detroit is likely a win. 
Minnesota will be a test to see how improved the secondary is with Bradberry and still no safeties worth mentioning.  
Washington could surprise some folks this year and is likely to be roughly a 0.500 team (which is much harder to do now with 17 games, as it requires a tie)
Jacksonville should be a win.  But, crazy things have been known to happen.  Still though, I don't see that as a loss.
Arizona... that could easily be a loss.
Dallas... yeah, last year this team wasn't even in their one real matchup.  And we didn't get to see if Hurts grew as a QB from then until the final week by letting him sit out.  

2-4?   Yeah, it's fairly possible.    It's likely the worst case scenario, and I think they have a greater chance of being 4-2 than 2-4, but it could happen.

Detroit is a lot better then we think, but agree, a win. 

I don't see any scenario where we beat the Vikings. I don't get it with Minnesota but I feel like they have our number in meaningless regular season games 

Washington's good... I'm gonna leave it at that

Jacksonville is a win

Arizona. on the road... with that stupid "look ahead" trap game talk. 

Cowboys L. 

Also :offtopic:, but worthy of noting, especially as we have a number of veterans and even some current military that frequent the blog.  This made my heart swell.

https://www.newson6.com/story/628c41928768d30188846f70/nearly-60-veterans-deboard-plane-in-solidarity-with-one-who-couldnt-fly

Quick synopsis: one veteran needed batteries for his oxygen device and the airline deemed it unsafe for him to fly without backup batteries.  He was asked to leave the plane for his own safety.  The other veterans traveling with him disembarked as well to stay with him.  They stayed at the airport, American Airlines found them some lodging.   Later, American brought them pizza before they left for their flight home to Tulsa.  They got a special charter flight, just for them, from American and AA even had another battery for the oxygen device flown in for the veteran.

Well done all around by all.  Great support for this veteran, and great customer service by American Airlines to ensure that this had a happy ending, even if a bit longer a trip than had been originally planned.  Nothing is too good for our vets and troops.   Proud to be an American today.  :usa: And a great way to kick off Memorial Day Weekend... remembering those who gave up their lives in defense of our freedom. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Wow Top Gun 2 was fantastic. May be better than the original. One of of best sequels I’ve seen (if you can call it a sequel after 30+ years)

The original was called one of the best recruiting tools the Navy had in years. I wonder if the sequel will work as well.

31 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:offtopic:

Anyone have any experience with dealing with the IRS?   Got a love letter from them the other day.  Apparently, in the 2019 forms, I forgot to include the 8995 business deductions worksheet and so they disqualified all my business deductions.  This resulted in an additional tax owed, plus interest and a penalty.  My CPA is advising me to write a letter accompanying the 1040X Amended return.    Anyone think that the IRS will excuse the penalty and interest?   (I am pretty confident that the extra tax owed issue will be reversed.) 

@rambo?

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Easy now... I'm not looking to draw First Blood.