Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't know, just something comes off the wrong way to me.  And to be clear, I thought Carson was just as bad with coach speak and catch phrases. 

Brandon Graham is as genuine and as modest as they come.  Same with Jason Kelce.  Maybe part of it is age.  Hurts is young and part of a different generation.  A decade separates those two guys from Hurts. 

There has just been no indication at all from anyone in college or the pros who has played with him or coached him that suggests that Jalen is putting on a fake media persona.  

Brandon Graham is just a completely different personality type.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't know how you can say he doesn't come off as genuine and modest.  Every press conference he's taking responsibility for losses and any bad plays and during the times of success he's praising his teammates and coaches. And you're right he's been coached up his whole life, this is who he is.  This is his personality and character that has been developed through his life as a coaches son.  

We know you don’t.  We know.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There has just been no indication at all from anyone in college or the pros who has played with him or coached him that suggests that Jalen is putting on a fake media persona.  

You don’t know ish.  You think you do.  But you don’t.  Just admit that you wanna make out with the guy and we all would …

… still pick on you.  Who am I kidding?  

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I guess you were today years old when you figured out the pro athletes might attract media attention.

What's your next discovery, that companies might think that famous people might help them market their products?

I think you are making a pretty good argument that you are more shalo than deep.

The problem is not that he is marketing his product.  The problem is that he is marketing a product that stinks.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You mean genuine and authentic?  I kid.  That's what it comes down to.  We all gravitate towards different personality types.  Some people might hate BG's personality.  BG and Kelce are guys I would be buddies with in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

You mean genuine and authentic?  I kid.  That's what it comes down to.  We all gravitate towards different personality types.  Some people might hate BG's personality.  BG and Kelce are guys I would be buddies with in a heartbeat.  

Yeah but which player you want to be friends with whose personalities you gravitate towards doesn't have to do with whether Hurts or anyone else is genuine or authentic just because they have more of a laid back personality that you don't like.  

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

No you’re right.  Hurts comes off phony and acts like a guy who’s been winning playoff games and an all pro for a few seasons.  He’s a fledgling running QB who plays for a franchise who knows he’s not the long term answer.  If they did think he was, they would have locked him up long term by now.  

• Thanks 2

Just realized we got a Tort and a Tartt in the same day.

I'm done for the night

Leaving On A High Note GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Athletes get attention.

There is a difference between not liking him as a player and hating him for everything he does. It’s an agenda for many posters at this point. He even got hate for writing a letter about Washington’s stadium.

Carson Wentz and Chris Long both had multiple media stories for their charitable acts. Wentz has his own clothing line. Yet the same hate wasn’t applied to them for that stuff.

Yup. I truly don't believe Hurts is going to be The Guy here unfortunately, but the things people around here give him crap for here are ridiculous.

Even the "swag" comments are dumb. The dude will get a new haircut and put on some sunglasses and people want to bish about attention seeking behavior.  Meanwhile here's his backup who is beloved:

5c2090c6a272c.image.jpg

Hurts can't read a defense and has a mediocre at best arm. Just stick with that. You really don't need more than that.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup. I truly don't believe Hurts is going to be The Guy here unfortunately, but the things people around here give him crap for here are ridiculous.

Even the "swag" comments are dumb. The dude will get a new haircut and put on some sunglasses and people want to bish about attention seeking behavior.  Meanwhile here's his backup who is beloved:

5c2090c6a272c.image.jpg

Hurts can't read a defense and has a mediocre at best arm. Just stick with that. You really don't need more than that.

You know the deal about the sunglasses was because he was wearing them during practice, right?  You know it’s nothing like Minshew being goofy like in the picture you shared, right? You don’t see the difference?  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know the deal about the sunglasses was because he was wearing them during practice, right?  You know it’s nothing like Minshew being goofy like in the picture you shared, right? You don’t see the difference?  

Good point, Minshew has never worn anything goofy during practices right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7rfaZAOWtfIVUbnECksp

Again, Hurts isn't currently a good NFL passer. It isn't hard to come up with criticism. The reaching isn't necessary. 

17 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

5c2090c6a272c.image.jpg

Exactly. The words genuine and authentic don’t seem to apply to the people who say I hope he succeeds while criticizing every part of his character. In the same breath they praise other players for the same characteristics.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have no dog in this fight.

No fight going on here.

Just now, justrelax said:

No fight going on here.

I have no opinion on the utility of no contact 11v11 for OL…

8 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Good point, Minshew has never worn anything goofy during practices right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7rfaZAOWtfIVUbnECksp

Again, Hurts isn't currently a good NFL passer. It isn't hard to come up with criticism. The reaching isn't necessary. 

You’re missing the point.  A QB wearing shades in one of the very few OTA practices they have.  Yeah, it’s pretty bizarre.  The Minshew pic looks like a pre game warm up to me.  Again, you missed the mark.  

It’s not reaching.  It’s observations to counter all of the fluffing some people do about "leadership, swag and intangibles”.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re missing the point.  A QB wearing shades in one of the very few OTA practices they have.  Yeah, it’s pretty bizarre.  The Minshew pic looks like a pre game warm up to me.  Again, you missed the mark.  

It’s not reaching.  It’s observations to counter all of the fluffing some people do about "leadership, swag and intangibles”.  

Why? What is wrong with wearing sunglasses when they don’t have a helmet on? QBs where visors during games. Mahomes has done it multiple times. 

28036380-EFF2-467D-A36D-7352267FC2DB.jpeg

29 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

5c2090c6a272c.image.jpg

A lot of those times isn’t making fun of Hurts directly, it’s making fun of the weirdos that worship him.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seems like a very minor and insignificant difference, but even so that was just one example. The guy has been mocked for plenty of other goofy crap like having new cornrows and pumping up charitable events. 

And by a wide margin the people most likely to bring up his "swag" are the people intent on mocking him, not people defending him. That's a classic strawman argument.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Why? What is wrong with wearing sunglasses when they don’t have a helmet on? QBs where visors during games. Mahomes has done it multiple times. 

28036380-EFF2-467D-A36D-7352267FC2DB.jpeg

Only QBs with a medical exemption where a slightly tinted visor. Otherwise it’s clear or no visor. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

A lot of those times isn’t making fun of Hurts directly, it’s making fun of the weirdos that worship him.

You can just say "RTK" at this point. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DEagle7 said:

You can just say "RTK" at this point. 

He’s pretty tame compared to the ESP and other Eagles Twitter out there 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Only QBs with a medical exemption where a slightly tinted visor. Otherwise it’s clear or no visor. 

Hurts almost always has a slightly tinted visor. So when he is practicing without a helmet it would make since that he has sunglasses on.

95971AA7-56D8-4EF2-B3BE-2BC2B45AABBB.jpeg

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

Hurts always has a slightly tinted visor. So when he is practicing without a helmet it would make since that he has sunglasses on.

95971AA7-56D8-4EF2-B3BE-2BC2B45AABBB.jpeg

Maybe practice not during games 

image.thumb.jpeg.7c746ba668f9e8a4b7bfcfa534c4a13f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b144157c63c69f9e5d4f3867c6b096b4.jpeg

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe practice not during games 

image.thumb.jpeg.7c746ba668f9e8a4b7bfcfa534c4a13f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b144157c63c69f9e5d4f3867c6b096b4.jpeg

What’s the difference between a tinted visor and sunglasses during practice? It was about OTA’s and practicing.