Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wanted to say it was him directly but i wasn’t sure. I know someone posted it on here that it was either a source or him who said it. 

Yea, it was during his PC at the owners meeting

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, it was during his PC at the owners meeting

Did he mention all the busts and awful picks he pushed for or just the few good ones?

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Did he mention all the busts and awful picks he pushed for or just the few good ones?

He specifically said there was only 3 times he "cheered harder for than usual" and it was Lane, Mailata and Wilson. One other time they asked his preference about JJAW vs Paris Campbell and he had no opinion. 

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why should he get paid?

I don't think he will be unles he goes on the Commissioner's exempt list.  If he is suspended, I believe the suspension is without pay.  

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He specifically said there was only 3 times he "cheered harder for than usual" and it was Lane, Mailata and Wilson. One other time they asked his preference about JJAW vs Paris Campbell and he had no opinion. 

The follow up question should have been: Why does Howie say JJAW was your pick? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Well how convenient for him...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RLC said:

No arguments here. It's not just a player thing. From Kamara to Snyder, they should be in jail.

I don't disagree.  Break the law, serve the sentence.

57 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

IF he's found guilty of assault and suspended because of it, he will get zero pay, even if he manages to avoid jail time. But they can't just put him on the list barring him of doing his contractual job and withhold his pay while he's still presumed innocent. 

Agreed.  I was presuming that he was found guilty, because if he's not found guilty. then there would be no grounds for suspension, imo.

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think he will be unles he goes on the Commissioner's exempt list.  If he is suspended, I believe the suspension is without pay.  

Makes sense.

• Like 1

Indefinitely would sure be something. Andrew Berry might be out of a job soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Indefinitely could just mean until all the dust settles in these lawsuits.  And there's no time frame placed on that yet that I am aware of.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Indefinitely would be the proper ruling from the NFL brand's standpoint -- no telling how many more of these 66 Instagram "masseuses" could still come out of the woodwork.

He would likely be reinstated for the 2023 season unless still embroiled in this mess (of his own making)

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Indefinitely could just mean until all the dust settles in these lawsuits.  And there's no time frame placed on that yet that I am aware of.

20 of 24 are settled. Would think the current other 4 wouldn't be too far behind.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

20 of 24 are settled. Would think the current other 4 wouldn't be too far behind.

That would depend on those 4, I'd assume.  How far do they want to take it?   Time will tell.

• Like 2

Not to mention how effective would he be if it’s not until 2023 until he comes back?  Yeah, guy can stay in shape.  But over time your other skills, like awareness and accuracy and vision wear away.  Skills you would need real live reps to, develop.  Unless you play for the Eagles.  We don’t need that in Philly.  We got Nick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not to mention how effective would he be if it’s not until 2023 until he comes back?  Yeah, guy can stay in shape.  But over time your other skills, like awareness and accuracy and vision wear away.  Skills you would need real live reps to, develop.  Unless you play for the Eagles.  We don’t need that in Philly.  We got Nick.

We have iPads, we're fine there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It seems he's already pretty effective at coming on his back.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That would depend on those 4, I'd assume.  How far do they want to take it?   Time will tell.

They may feel like giving an indefinite suspension forces him to settle those suits.  They may want him to actually be remorseful.  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Indefinitely would be the proper ruling from the NFL brand's standpoint -- no telling how many more of these 66 Instagram "masseuses" could still come out of the woodwork.

He would likely be reinstated for the 2023 season unless still embroiled in this mess (of his own making)

At least was smart enough to "handle” his victims. 

Anyone want to guess Hurts?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

1?

31 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

They may feel like giving an indefinite suspension forces him to settle those suits.  They may want him to actually be remorseful.  

I was under the belief that it’s not him who doesn’t want to settle.  I remember something about some of the "victims” not wanting to sign the NDA

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

1?

Nope

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't disagree.  Break the law, serve the sentence.

Unless you riot, burn and loot cities

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

None?

You disrespectful SOBs.  Hurtsy had 5

I wouldn't mind guessing what his 2022 completion percentage will be.  My prediction is 62.8%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You disrespectful SOBs.  Hurtsy had 5

I wouldn't mind guessing what his 2022 completion percentage will be.  My prediction is 62.8%

Correct. Got by with the skin on his teeth with one 65.38% game

• Sad 1