Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Miller has 6 QBs in the first round, 5 in the top 10.

Bryce Young - Natural distributor of the ball, but lacks elite measurables.

CJ Stroud - Justin Herbert comp, accurate, plus arm, mobile.

Will Levis - Scouts love him, big arm, too many interceptions though.

Jaren Hall - Big play ability, lacks elite size.

Tyler Van Dyke - Star potential due to arm talent and mobility.

Anthony Richardson - Super raw, sky high ceiling - Prototypical size, cannon arm, and elite mobility.

7 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Off topic

The Obi won Kenobi series was so good. If you don’t like Star Wars… I really don’t care. So good! 

1.  Why can't the Star Wars franchise find any kids that can act?

2.  While the first and last episodes were very good....there was a lot of crap in between.  Don't tell me by episode 4 you were starting to feel the ship go down.

3.  Star Wars has put out so much crap for so long that the bar has been permanently lowered.  ANYTHING they put out that isn't laughable garbage is immediately lauded as 'so good'....and there really hasn't been much that wasn't horrifically bad.  (Rogue One?)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

9-8 

Dream Team 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

@Iggles25 how’s that whole 3-some situation coming along?

She was not thrilled of the idea, but she was not angry either. 

War of Attrition>We'll get there in time.

With that, I'll leave these:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

60841c21c1820.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

She was not thrilled of the idea, but she was not angry either. 

War of Attrition>We'll get there in time.

With that, I'll leave these:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

60841c21c1820.jpeg.jpg

I wish you luck.  But please stop IM’ing me.  The answer is still no.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dream Team 

Same guy who claimed it was his "MVP" year before that disastrous 2020 season and ZERO TD season the following year. He should probably keep his mouth shut and focus on actually scoring this year. He was completely stoppable in that regard last season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

If he gets to 100 catches this year I will be happy, and so will the rest of the blog

image.thumb.png.88764713419657a1d1664979d08745d0.png

Zero Chance

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

No way we only have 440 attempts. The Eagles have no reason to protect Hurts this year. Siri has to put his foot down and make a change if the QB cant execute his system. He has a job to do/keep just like Hurts does. 480 might work simply because there arent as many elite QB's on the schedule and i expect the defense to be alot better. I still dont think that'll be enough to justify a big extention. The top 10 QB's are averaging like 580.

The way Hurts played in week 6 is the exact way he played against Tampa in the playoffs. 

No Improvements, didn't read the defense better after a full season, and still couldnt make the "tight window throw". 

They didnt have a reason to protect Hurts last year either. But they did, and they won. 

The Eagles went 7-2(basically) when they went to the... Our QB sucks, lets run the ball and play boring football.  Coming out and throwing the ball every where would be dumb and I doubt it happens. Theyre trying to make Hurts into Jimmy G or Rookie Mac Jones. 12-18, 180 yards, 1TD and 1INT. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

I want to be fair to him and bring up the fact that Hurts cant read a defense that cost himself 200 yard games vs a lot of teams b

FYP

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

They didnt have a reason to protect Hurts last year either. But they did, and they won. 

I think with a stronger QB class this year, they will be less inclined to protect him for the sake of winning regular season games. Atleast i hope. Barring injury to starting QB's, i dont think we'll be able to do what we did over the second half of the season. We got basically 4 freebie's against Siemian, Gilbert, Heinicke & Glennon. Daniel Jones is 2-0 in his last two starts against us and Wentz/Winston are massive upgrades over Siemian/Gilbert/Glennon. I expect those games to be much tougher this year.

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I think with a stronger QB class this year, they will be less inclined to protect him for the sake of winning regular season games. Atleast i hope. Barring injury to starting QB's, i dont think we'll be able to do what we did over the second half of the season. We got basically 4 freebie's against Siemian, Gilbert, Heinicke & Glennon. Daniel Jones is 2-0 in his last two starts against us and Wentz/Winston are massive upgrades over Siemian/Gilbert/Glennon. I expect those games to be much tougher this year.

I see a ton of terrible games with this team. Our defense should flirt with being top 10 and we're gonna see a lot 20-13, 23-16 type games where Hurts state line looks something like...

14-20, 165yards, 63 rushing yards, 1 rushing tds and 1 INT

10 hours ago, NCTANK said:

just relax man

oh, I thought it was someone that mattered like rtk

20 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I see a ton of terrible games with this team. Our defense should flirt with being top 10 and we're gonna see a lot 20-13, 23-16 type games where Hurts state line looks something like...

14-20, 165yards, 63 rushing yards, 1 rushing tds and 1 INT

I cant wait to see how this defense performs. Like Hurts, Gannon has no excuses this year. On paper, both units look like they can be top 10. Unfortunately the QB & DC are still big unknowns or atleast Gannon is. I dont see Hurts as an unknown and as i've said before, If we come out pass happy i expect the fans/media to be calling for his job by the time the bye week rolls around, especially if Minshew/Strong look good in preseason. 

1 hour ago, Vee said:

2.  While the first and last episodes were very good....there was a lot of crap in between.  Don't tell me by episode 4 you were starting to feel the ship go down.

3.  Star Wars has put out so much crap for so long that the bar has been permanently lowered.  ANYTHING they put out that isn't laughable garbage is immediately lauded as 'so good'....and there really hasn't been much that wasn't horrifically bad.  (Rogue One?)

you have issues, or maybe its just your period

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Exactly.  The franchise lives off of the original 3 films with Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Carrie Fisher, etc. and it should have been left there.  The acting in the subsequent films was so god-awful it was to the point of comical.  It was as though they were reading their lines from cue cards.

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Exactly.  The franchise lives off of the original 3 films with Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Carrie Fisher, etc. and it should have been left there.  The acting in the subsequent films was so god-awful it was to the point of comical.  It was as though they were reading their lines from cue cards.

I think there's a story about how Harrison Ford was reading the original movie scripts and asked Lucas something along the lines of "How can you expect us to read this ish, people don't talk like this?" And yet....they made it work. The new films/series have the same terrible dialogue but too many bad actors that can't pull it off. 

2 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

9-8 

Dream Team 2.0?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think there's a story about how Harrison Ford was reading the original movie scripts and asked Lucas something along the lines of "How can you expect us to read this ish, people don't talk like this?" And yet....they made it work. The new films/series have the same terrible dialogue but too many bad actors that can't pull it off. 

37 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

you have issues, or maybe its just your period

Easy there, just put down your replica lightsaber and back away from your Darth Maul cutout.

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Miller has 6 QBs in the first round, 5 in the top 10.

Bryce Young - Natural distributor of the ball, but lacks elite measurables.

CJ Stroud - Justin Herbert comp, accurate, plus arm, mobile.

Will Levis - Scouts love him, big arm, too many interceptions though.

Jaren Hall - Big play ability, lacks elite size.

Tyler Van Dyke - Star potential due to arm talent and mobility.

Anthony Richardson - Super raw, sky high ceiling - Prototypical size, cannon arm, and elite mobility.

They have SEA picking NINE (lol) and taking a QB.  If SEA doesn't bring in a QB before Week 1 this season -- they're a top 5 lock, because they are tanking.

2 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

9-8 

I’ve never seen a "news” outlet be such Pom Pom waivers about everything as whatever this jakib is. They make Dave Spadaro roll his eyes. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’ve never seen a "news” outlet be such Pom Pom waivers about everything as whatever this jakib is. They make Dave Spadaro roll his eyes. 

I've never heard of it before.

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

They have SEA picking NINE (lol) and taking a QB.  If SEA doesn't bring in a QB before Week 1 this season -- they're a top 5 lock, because they are tanking.

I don’t believe tanking is real, but in that division I don’t disagree. They’d be lucky to only lose 5 divisional games, and then they play the AFC west….

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've never heard of it before.

Lucky you. It’s the Devils Rejects of Philly sports personalities and Derrick Gunn for some reason.