Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

I couldn’t fall asleep tonight so I started listening to Devon Givens recap the game. @RememberTheKoy.  He is so uninteresting and boring that it’s like white noise to me. 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! If you wanna push me through to the elite 8, I won’t be upset. 

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

What? Adding AJ Brown makes the expectation top 6-8?  Maybe the unrealistic expectation. 

To get within the top 10 would be a more reasonable expectation. 

QBR   54+

On 5/6/2022 at 12:44 AM, CouchKing said:

Is Hurts gonna cure his happy feet / run first habits?

I am seeing predictions from talking heads that Eagles will improve and Hurt & AJ Brown is why.

That is speculation. We'll see.

I am hoping that Hurts evolves and the game slows down for him.

If he doesn't improve, not sure how long the Eagles will stick with him.

Is this being hateful? No. 

I think Minshew is ready to go. Strong is gonna need some work. Sinnett...havent seen him play. 

Hurts was horrible last year.

4 - 6 games seems fair in our situation, been there done that

On 5/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, BigEFly said:

Never barbecued venison.  Such a lean meat.  How do you add fat and keep it from drying out with a slow low heat smoking?  What part of the buc do you barbecue?  

I’ve had good success smoking a dry rubbed venison roast for a few hours in apple juice then transferring to the instant pot to finish and shred. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d694f250c5cf9e44925f242036c7831a.jpeg

Maxey winning the game as well as the EMB racist tournament, all in one night 

White Power Dave Chappelle GIF - White Power Power Dave Chappelle -  Discover & Share GIFs

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol at Jimmy 

Fuck Yo Couch Rick James Bitch GIF - Fuck Yo Couch Rick James Bitch Dave  Chappelle - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

Trouble in this series was spotting the first two games to Miami.  Losing Embiid for the first two games means that the Sixers have to do against Miami what they couldn't do against the Raptors... win in 5.   As expected, Embiid's return provided a bump for the team.  But, how long can that last?  How long can Embiid remain effective depends on this thumb injury as well.  It was reported to need surgery, but was it a complete tear or only partial?  Is it healing right now, so that the rest he received helped, at least with pain management, or is it what it is and can't heal without surgery? 

The bright spot from this playoffs will be Maxey.  Who knows what his ceiling is?  

But, I just don't see how the Sixers can overcome this deficit against Miami.  The Sixers may even push it to 7 games, but overcoming the early deficit will likely prove too much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justrelax said:

Not everyone. I didn’t.And even if they thought as much, they didn’t say as much. We in philly allegedly pride ourselves as being tough but I see us surrounded by quitters. Embiid is tougher than a bunch of you weenies. How many woe is me posts have we seen in the last few days?

When your knee jerk reaction is to give up I want no part of you. 

I figured season over when that report came out. 

But also on the very same night I said there is reason for optimism that he would be back in game 3 and we would win the next 4 games. 

I also really thought they'd steal at least 1 game out of the 1st 2 in Miami because we beat them earlier this season with no embiid and no harden. They let me down on that one.  But the hour of winning the next 4 is still alive. 

6ers in 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Trouble in this series was spotting the first two games to Miami.  Losing Embiid for the first two games means that the Sixers have to do against Miami what they couldn't do against the Raptors... win in 5.   As expected, Embiid's return provided a bump for the team.  But, how long can that last?  How long can Embiid remain effective depends on this thumb injury as well.  It was reported to need surgery, but was it a complete tear or only partial?  Is it healing right now, so that the rest he received helped, at least with pain management, or is it what it is and can't heal without surgery? 

The bright spot from this playoffs will be Maxey.  Who knows what his ceiling is?  

But, I just don't see how the Sixers can overcome this deficit against Miami.  The Sixers may even push it to 7 games, but overcoming the early deficit will likely prove too much.

Thumb is a complete tear and is not healing. It will not heal without surgery. 

6ers in 6.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thumb is a complete tear and is not healing. It will not heal without surgery. 

6ers in 6.

I applaud the optimism.  I couldn't see the Sixers taking 4 straight against Miami, even with a completely healthy Embiid.   The good news, I guess, is that only 1 of the next 3 will be in Miami.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I applaud the optimism.  I couldn't see the Sixers taking 4 straight against Miami, even with a completely healthy Embiid.

Miami is good. Ready good as a team.  6ers match up well though. 6ers are bigger,  and man to man, 6ers are better.   They match up better than they did against Toronto.

4-0 is possible now because they're motivated.  The challenge is in front of them.  There barely room for a letdown game, which they typically love to have.  But now they know it's pedal to the meta time.

• Like 1

I'm back on the bandwagon. If the sixers can tie the series, Embiid is only going to get better as he acclimates to playing with the mask again. They go as Embiid goes...if he keeps playing, they won't lose.

(For @justrelax the sixers are toast, no shot, donezo, finito, the end is nigh)

10 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Pitbulls are underrated. Sweet dogs on average. Same with Rottweilers. 

Problem isn't the breed so much as the idiots attracted to the breed.

All the dogs breed to fight or guard need owners that are committed to training them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Problem isn't the breed so much as the idiots attracted to the breed.

All the dogs breed to fight or guard need owners that are committed to training them.

Holy **** I agree with arlington. 

Pitbulls aren't born monsters, but they're too easily made into them.

10 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

Meh. I've had them, or been around them my entire life, they're big babies, they try hard to be lap dogs, even though they weigh 90 pounds. Sadly, people abuse and mistreat the hell out of them, but, if you're willing to get one from a reputable breeder, and put in the work, imo, you'll never have a more loyal, loving dog.

• Like 10

On 5/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, greend said:

Never ate a quail. And yes I forgot about catfish also very good. You can keep panfish not worth the work

No, they are excellent hence the name PANFISH. Crappie and yellow perch, even white 👍

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Armstrong is such a better QB name than Pickett.

Just imagine Strong baked up by Armstrong.

That would intimidate every defense. 

Fried might be better

11 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I think any man that owns a pitbull is a ****.

You’re wrong.

• Like 5

One thing with a pitbull is, you can train them to do a variety of tasks, and they'll out work you, they'll happily give you everything they have, and won't stop until you make them. They really are amazing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Pitbull_3854de_6607668.jpg

Only bad owners

1 hour ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Toronto Raptor fans Pitbulls aren't born monsters, but they're too easily made into them.

FYP

• Haha 3

Sounds like Carson Strong is already opening eyes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Sounds like Carson Strong is already opening eyes. 

I hope so but honestly I wouldn't read too much into it. They directly asked Nick about him and he gave kind of a cookie cutter complement. The media is just extrapolating very little for content

• Like 1