Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't even know this guy was on earth. 

FYP

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  No to a RB that high.  And not to QB’s who put Mayo in their coffee.  

Yup  - I do kind of like Levis better than Bryce Young.  He's got good size and a very good arm. So I may be able to tolerate the mayo as long as I don't see him doing it. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  He was there so I took him.

Well you are now the number 1 blog GM of the day.  Congrats!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Yup  - I do kind of like Levis better than Bryce Young.  He's got good size and a very good arm. So I may be able to tolerate the mayo as long as I don't see him doing it. 

I would rank next years QB's

CJ Stroud

Will Levis

Tyler Van Dyke

Tanner McKee

Anthony Richardson

Bryce Young

Spencer Rattler

Phil Jurkovec

Hendon Hooker

DJ Uiagalelei

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

Tell me which, if any, parts of this statement is wrong about Biology-

"There are predominantly 2 biological sexes in Humans today representing 99% of the population, while intersex is approximately born at a rate of 1%."

I am not talking about how someone "FEELS" I am talking purely from an anotomical perspective. The Chromosomes/sexual reproductive organs as it were, determining the sex of the human. 

there are variations in genetics and epigenetics that contribute to gender presentation and sexual orientation.

Here is one study on mice, don't knock mice as most of the pharma products we take start there, that looks at how epigenetic changes induced by hormonal changes influence sexual presentation: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/scisignal.aac5294. There is a wide variation in hormone production (organ/glandular function and microbiome varation) across the human species and subsequently great differences in epigentics.

A valid, accessible and easy to use resource to search scientific literature is Semantic Scholar: https://www.semanticscholar.org/

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would rank next years QB's

CJ Stroud

Will Levis

Tyler Van Dyke

Tanner McKee

Anthony Richardson

Bryce Young

Spencer Rattler

Phil Jurkovec

Hendon Hooker

DJ Uiagalelei

Hooker is better than Rattler.  Don’t F with me.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Maybe it's PTSD from the last years with Wentz, but Levis is a little too reckless for my taste, both with the ball and by putting his body in harm's way. I would still take him over Young though.

Stroud seems like a longshot. Richardson and Van Dyke are the two I am really keen to watch this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

Tell me which, if any, parts of this statement is wrong about Biology-

"There are predominantly 2 biological sexes in Humans today representing 99% of the population, while intersex is approximately born at a rate of 1%."

I am not talking about how someone "FEELS" I am talking purely from an anotomical perspective. The Chromosomes/sexual reproductive organs as it were, determining the sex of the human. 

Please don’t dig this BS up in here again.  The SJW Pillars have run away, for now.  Please don’t bring them back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Please don’t dig this BS up in here again.  The SJW Pillars have run away, for now.  Please don’t bring them back.  

What are SJW Pillars?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

What are SJW Pillars?

Don’t worry.  You’re not included.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

If you actually read what I wrote, instead of the knee jerk reaction pushing your agenda, which is the typical MO on a message board, my point wasn't Hurts = Allen, but that he threw deep as much as Allen, BECAUSE mobility allows both QBs to buy time and let receivers get deep.

The other point is that Allen's production wasn't so spectacular that it was out of reach for Hurts if he incrementally improves. On this team, he doesn't have to engage in physical heroics, with this OL and the addition of real skilled people he just has to be more efficient. But the mobility and running makes him valuable, it helped guys like Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon, not just running the ball, but buying time, making something out of nothing when plays break down, etc.

The key isn't Hurts suddenly developing a rocket arm, it's becoming more consistent series to series and game to game, little incremental improvements like faster reads, better mechanics, anticipating his receivers (where playing in the same scheme helps a young QB), etc.

Will he do it? Who knows? That why they play the games.

But this offense has a chance to be a juggernaut, it doesn't require a HOF QB, just someone who can pull the right levers and let the machine roll over opponents.

And Hurts doesn't have to post huge numbers, one thing I'm watching this year will be the screen game, something they haven't done well in recent years, but with this OL, they should be able to use it to make big plays. Slants to Brown are something they haven't been able to exploit b/c they haven't had that kind of WR (outside of TO for one season). Play action with this run game will open up the seam as it freezes LBs. But running the ball will be a big part of the offense, even if not to the extent of last year's second half.

I think it's safe to assume Hurts will improve.  Even if, however, he improves to the point of a Jeff Garcia, does that mean the Eagles should not look to upgrade the position? I am assuming an offensive juggernaut would mean a top 5 offensive team.  I think that level of performance will require a highly efficient QB.  I don't think he's going to make that jump.  Absent that kind of improvement, this team looks like a marginal playoff team depending on the defense.  Your comment begs the question about your opinion on Hurts if the team isn't a top 5 offense.  If the offense does not operate like that despite the current personnel, doesn't that make it clear that they must move on from Hurts? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I thought I was the Antifa SJW Pillar? 

The two QBs I look at for Hurts' ceiling in this offense are Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon.

Both had less physical talent than Hurts, both were late bloomers, Garcia b/c he was too short with a weak arm and had to go to Canada, Gannon b/c of whatever.

But at their peak they made the pro bowl 3 or more seasons, Gannon was all pro twice.

Prescott is also in this mold, but more athletic. Alex Smith in KC, though he was really challenged in terms of arm strength after his injury.

If Garoppolo could stay healthy, he'd be a top ten QB.

Point is you can be a top ten QB without a rocket arm, you need to smart and mobile, and in the right offense.

Eagles are putting together that offense, top running game with RBs who should excel in the screen game, WRs who can run slants and gain YAC (Brown), quick WRs who can get open inside of 20 yards (Smith, Watkins), big athletic TE (Goedert). In this kind of offense, the QB acts more like a point guard, distributing the ball but letting his skill players make plays.

If Hurts can't make it work, it still makes it much easier to find a QB than having to land the next Mahomes, which is close to impossible.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I thought I was the Antifa SJW Pillar? 

I thought you were a Proud Boy?

12 minutes ago, justrelax said:

What are SJW Pillars?

One of Mike Lindell's new products 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

One of Mike Lindell's new products 

@Iggles25 wins the blog today

Its Over GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Maybe it's PTSD from the last years with Wentz, but Levis is a little too reckless for my taste, both with the ball and by putting his body in harm's way. I would still take him over Young though.

Stroud seems like a longshot. Richardson and Van Dyke are the two I am really keen to watch this year.

I think Tanner McKee at Stanford and Devin Leary at NC State may be worthwhile.  Jerkovec at BC may be a decent prospect. I agree that Levis reminds me of Wentz but I do like his arm and mobility.  I am not sold on Richardson.  I am just not sure how good a passer he will be and he hasn't played much.  KJ Jefferson may also be a potential pick.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Eagles are putting together that offense, top running game with RBs who should excel in the screen game, WRs who can run slants and gain YAC (Brown), quick WRs who can get open inside of 20 yards (Smith, Watkins), big athletic TE (Goedert). In this kind of offense, the QB acts more like a point guard, distributing the ball but letting his skill players make plays.

Call me skeptical:

15 15 139 9.3 784              
12 12 137 11.4 754
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t worry.  You’re not included.  

Whew! That's a relief.

I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Iggles25 wins the blog today

Its Over GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hell yeah, getting laid tonight! Ladies love a winner!

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The two QBs I look at for Hurts' ceiling in this offense are Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon.

Both had less physical talent than Hurts, both were late bloomers, Garcia b/c he was too short with a weak arm and had to go to Canada, Gannon b/c of whatever.

But at their peak they made the pro bowl 3 or more seasons, Gannon was all pro twice.

Prescott is also in this mold, but more athletic. Alex Smith in KC, though he was really challenged in terms of arm strength after his injury.

If Garoppolo could stay healthy, he'd be a top ten QB.

Point is you can be a top ten QB without a rocket arm, you need to smart and mobile, and in the right offense.

If Hurts can't make it work, it still makes it much easier to find a QB than having to land the next Mahomes, which is close to impossible.

While Hurts may continue to develop over the next 10 years, what is the cost to the team for keeping him? I don't think you can extend a QB for less than something like $25 to $45 million a season.  Unless the QB is a win with QB prospect, I don't see the sense in keeping him.  I also just don't see him flashing signs of potential growth.  Both Gannon and Garcia, came to the NFL showed upside.  I think they're not good comparisons. Gannon ran a wing-T offense in college.  His arm strength was very good but he didn't throw the prettiest ball. I think Gannon wasn't exactly a late bloomer but he didn't get a chance to develop in Min. He led them to an 11-5 record but wasn't the best passer.  He was replaced by Sean Salisbury at the end of the season because of an injury who looked more like a natural passer and they did not keep Gannon the next season.  Gannon then played spot starter and back up until Gruden signed him to replace Jeff George.  He blossomed when he got to start on a talented roster with a good offensive coach.  I think Gannon was comparable to Steve Young.  I don't see him at all like  Hurts.  I also think the Raiders may have beaten Tampa but for Sapp intentionally hurting Gannon.  Garcia didn't have a rocket arm but was efficient and of course played with TO.  I think Garcia's arm strength was probably similar but he was a much quicker decision maker and utilized the entire field.  I don't see that from Hurts.  

While finding an elite QB is hard, you can't find one without making stabs at it.  

On 8/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, austinfan said:

We do this all the time for white people who don't garner votes. Nor does she really matter politically, no one is going to vote based on getting her back.

Griner probably brought her vapes in for years without an issue, this isn't about "justice," b/c there is no "justice" (procedural or substantive) in Russia.  There is no "rule of law." One day they don't care, the next she's sentenced to 9 years.

They just made an example of her b/c we're supporting the Ukrainians, and want bargaining chips to trade for their KGB arms dealer.

Now if you want to talk about Anti-American behavior, I'd say an organized campaign to spread fraudulent rumors and claims about a legitimate election, then attempt a violent reversal of that election, is about as "Anti-American" as you can get - some might call it treason on the same level as Aaron Burr. Far worse than sitting during the National Anthem, especially by those who took oaths to uphold the Constitution.

I don't know about all that, but I do agree with your opinion that she wouldn't be locked up right now if it wasn't for Biden and his war in Ukraine.  

18 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Whew! That's a relief.

I think.

Too late, I already signed you up for an Antifa mailing list.  

32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I thought you were a Proud Boy?

I am but what are they? 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Will you guys let me know when Hurts is 6'5" and can make a throw like this.

Hurts couldn't do that in his best dream.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't even know this guy was on the team. 

But he get's a ring after we win the SB this year!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1