Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-training-camp-2022-how-qb-reid-sinnett-impressing-his-coaches

Brian Johnson said on Saturday. "He’s much more comfortable in what we’re doing. He’s done an excellent job just in terms of working on what we wanted to work on.”

"I just can’t say enough about how much he’s progressed in terms of footwork, timing, things of that nature,” Johnson said. "Once he got the reps, I think he’s starting to show. He’s done a nice job so far this camp.”

That's a helluva lot more than you can say for Hurts. 

So you reply to me with an article where nowhere it states that Sinnett has looked the best of any QB at camp. 

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

We're F'ed with Hurts and we all know it, just adjust your expectations now

The dude is scrambling in practice, jesus 🤣

That's pretty much his game.  If he didn't have that scrambling ability he might not even be in the league.  

It will create some highlights on sportcenter and win some games vs bad and average teams but until you have a QB that can beat a defense passing you won't reach the SB.

If this season is more of the same and the passing offense struggles, I can't see Lurie sticking with Hurts. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

We're not F'ed.  We're just limited.

But the ceiling is still higher this season than last.  Regardless of the QB, replacing Reagor with Brown will have an impact.  The infusion of talent on defense will have an impact.  A second year of continuity across the coaching staff will have an impact.

Appears we have a weaker schedule to. I think we're strongly positioned for 10 wins, and 11 isn't unrealistic. 

I still expect a first round playoff exit, unless Sinnett is starting by then. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So you reply to me with an article where nowhere it states that Sinnett has looked the best of any QB at camp. 

Well, Hurts allegedly was working with QB gurus all offseason. He's been with the team longer than Sinnett.

I don't see any quotes from our QB coach about Hurts improvement of his fundamentals. I don't see anything about Hurts doing what the coaches have asked him to do (namely, improving his pocket passing). 

So, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together, to figure out that Sinnett is outplaying Hurts so far. The coaches won't outright say it to the media, because they're stuck with Hurts. But it's rather obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

But the ceiling is still higher this season than last.  Regardless of the QB, replacing Reagor with Brown will have an impact.  The infusion of talent on defense will have an impact.  A second year of continuity across the coaching staff will have an impact.

Dude, admit it, we all have racial issues.

I have a feeling we are going backwards a little this season.  We shouldn't as it seems they got better but just have a feeling.  They are picked to win the division.  Whenever that is the case it seems like it always backfires.

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Well, Hurts allegedly was working with QB gurus all offseason. He's been with the team longer than Sinnett.

I don't see any quotes from our QB coach about Hurts improvement of his fundamentals. I don't see anything about Hurts doing what the coaches have asked him to do (namely, improving his pocket passing). 

So, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together, to figure out that Sinnett is outplaying Hurts so far. The coaches won't outright say it to the media, because they're stuck with Hurts. But it's rather obvious. 

Besides your conspiracy theory that revolves entirely around a coach answering a specific question about a player why haven't any of the media members out there who have been watching every practice said ay any point that Sinnett has been the best QB in practice throughout camp? 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Wrong. And QBs who throw the ball away in these drills are wrong as well. This is practice, where results don't matter. Now is the time to try and force passes that you wouldn't try in the regular season. See if you can fire one in between two defenders. See if you can lead a WR with a high arcing deep ball that he can run under. Try something downfield, even if it results in an INT, who cares, it's practice. Running when the pocket breaks down, or throwing the ball out of bounds serves no purpose to anybody on either side of the ball. It's idiotic and should be punished by the coaches. 

Wrong. Siri puts a lot of stress on avoiding turnovers. Forcing passes in practice is not a habit he wants to encourage, he wants Hurts to develop that "clock" that says I've gone through my reads, no one is open, don't stand there and wait for a blindside hit (where a lot of fumbles and injuries occur). By "running" Hurts creates options, if there is open space, he can run for good yardage and get out of bounds or go down, he can buy time for receivers to get open, or by getting out of the pocket, he has the option of throwing the ball away.

Staying in the pocket is actually bad - because you can't throw the ball away without it being intentional grounding.

Of course, if Wentz is your QB, it doesn't matter. 🤣

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I have a feeling we are going backwards a little this season.  We shouldn't as it seems they got better but just have a feeling.  They are picked to win the division.  Whenever that is the case it seems like it always backfires.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Appears we have a weaker schedule to. I think we're strongly positioned for 10 wins, and 11 isn't unrealistic. 

I still expect a first round playoff exit, unless Sinnett is starting by then. 

I think you're going to have to resign yourself to Hurts starting every game he's healthy for.  

Those first 6 games will be interesting, though.  At DET should be a win, but the Eagles have had problems with DET other than last season.  MIN should be a win; let's see if the defense can slow down Cousins, Jefferson, Thielen, and Cook.  At WASH will be tougher than people think.  Home to JAX should be a win.  At ARI could go either way.  Home to DAL is a good measuring stick game.

I see either 4-2 or 3-3.  If the Eagles are under .500 after those 6 games -- better nail everything down.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Wrong. Siri puts a lot of stress on avoiding turnovers. Forcing passes in practice is not a habit he wants to encourage, he wants Hurts to develop that "clock" that says I've gone through my reads, no one is open, don't stand there and wait for a blindside hit (where a lot of fumbles and injuries occur). By "running" Hurts creates options, if there is open space, he can run for good yardage and get out of bounds or go down, he can buy time for receivers to get open, or by getting out of the pocket, he has the option of throwing the ball away.

Staying in the pocket is actually bad - because you can't throw the ball away without it being intentional grounding.

Ohh boy I think Ive seen it all now..

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Ask Russell Wilson.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Ask Russell Wilson.

Ask Tom Brady

7 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This is gonna be a fun season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Ask Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson can consistently make throws from the pocket 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Cmon, man!

Obviously NS doesn't want turnovers when the games matter, no coach does. I'd guess almost every HC "puts a lot of stress on avoiding turnovers". 

Its not about habits forming from forcing passes. It's that now, in training camp, is the time to try the toughest passes you'll have to make. Let's say Hurts tries to force a pass into a WR who has tight coverage on him. The same 3 possibilities are on the table...completion, incompletion, or interception.

A completion to the WR builds the WRs skills in catching contested catches. Invaluable skill to learn and practice. An incompletion does the same, just has a worse result, but ultimately the result isn't important. Same with an INT in this case. In fact, it can even let the WR learn how to turn into a defender on a poorly thrown ball. 

From the DB side of things, it let's them get experience with having good coverage and a contested throw. Worst case scenario for them is the WR catches it, but not a big deal as the DB can practice how to react after being unable to breakup the pass and then shifting into bringing down the WR. DB can also learn better break up skills, or even hone in his route jumping and make an INT. 

The QB can learn better ball placement. Maybe he needs to lead the WR a bit more, maybe he needs a bit more juice on the throw, maybe he needs a softer touch and throwing it to the back shoulder to let the WR adjust and make a play. All valuable learning experiences, regardless of the result. TC INTs don't amount to anything, is what I'm driving at.

Now, when the QB instead pulls the ball down, and runs for a first down with his tongue out like a dog in the summer heat, or just turns and throws it out of bounds....what the hell is gained by anybody on either side? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Another one here that has racial issues. 

image.png.31356d8b0c645842aae8bd07cf8d3fca.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, austinfan said:

This may be the worst take in the history of bad takes on the EMB.

If you goal is to get out of the pocket because throwing it away is your endgame, your offense has problems.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Now, when the QB instead pulls the ball down, and runs for a first down with his tongue out like a dog in the summer heat, or just turns and throws it out of bounds....what the hell is gained by anybody on either side? 

While wearing a red jersey and being protected from contact.  His dash to the end zone against people who couldn't touch him, then celebratory heave of the ball into the stands (because he accomplished something?) was the height of tomfoolery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Thats just a really long way of saying "we're F'ed"

We're again pissing away another season just to 'figure out' if Hurts is the guy.  We all know hes not. 

Hes the A#1 limiting factor to our season.  So yes, while the ceiling is slightly higher, it has nothing to do with Hurts and the ceiling is basically exactly where it was last season.

No one can honestly say we should be the favorites in the NFCE nor would anyone say we have a shot to win a road playoff game.

We're EXACTLY where we were last year, with some added pieces just for fun and another service year on a roster that is ready to win minus the QB position.

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@greend  You good man?  You’ve been a ghost for a while in here.  

He's gone.

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Wtf GIF - Friday Ice Cube WTF - Discover & Share GIFs

:P

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Lol fn idiot. That makes zero sense

43 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Another one here that has racial issues. 

Sounds like something a racist would say

11 hours ago, Doc S. said:

Thank You.

It was a very nice afternoon meeting.

I was quick, didn't want to hold him up but he was generous with his time. 

As I said, I like him.  Glad he's leading the charge! 

He's extremely likable.  

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Wtf GIF - Friday Ice Cube WTF - Discover & Share GIFs

:P

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This is gonna be a fun season.

I can't wait

• Like 1