Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Imagine a world where, when presented with evidence (Sinnett playing well), you're able to actually change your opinion! 

That might be a little too high level for somebody like you, but, well, there it is. 

I'm still excited to see Strong in the preseason games

• Like 3

I am cautiously very excited about the defense.  My biggest reservation about the defense is the lack of impact edge rushers...second biggest is the possibility that the deck is just stacked against NFL defenses and, under the current rules of engagement, dominant defenses are transient flukes (at best) or non-existent mirages at worst.

Milton Williams has had a quiet camp, but I'm not really sure how a DL can have a "loud" camp with the way they are practicing.  I still expect big things from him and am very curious to see what a Hargrave/Davis/Williams DL could look like with Sweat and Reddick as stand up rushers.  And in the middle of all that extreme size and athleticism, we'll actually have 2 capable sideline to sideline LBs.  I think that might be the single most interesting front in the NFL and maybe one of the best.

• Like 4

I feel like if the defense isn't top 15 then Gannon may be on the hot seat. He got his players so now there shouldn't be any excuses

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I feel like if the defense isn't top 15 then Gannon may be on the hot seat. He got his players so now there shouldn't be any excuses

The only caveat to that is that sometimes a really good defense can be constantly buggered by a bad offense. I remember a time not too long ago 🤢 when we were going for some kind of world record for three-and-outs. A defense can only hold up for so long in those conditions. A bad offense can turn a top ten defense into a mid-ranked one, statistically, quite easily.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

The only caveat to that is that sometimes a really good defense can be constantly buggered by a bad offense. I remember a time not too long ago 🤢 when we were going for some kind of world record for three-and-outs. A defense can only hold up for so long in those conditions. A bad offense can turn a top ten defense into a mid-ranked one, statistically, quite easily.

Ball control ground game is the defenses best friend.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ball control ground game is the defenses best friend.   

Good point... and I should have also mentioned that those kinds of offenses can make their defenses look really good (better than they are) :lol:.

RIP Olivia Newton-John ..... the person who made Grease watchable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

RIP Olivia Newton-John ..... the person who made Grease watchable.

No!!!!!!  I loved her when I was a kid.  

Didnt notice it posted anywhere. Eagles signed OT Jarrid Williams since they have injuries at the position.

Rest in Peace Olivia Newton John 

In keeping with the topic of the day, let's hope the Eagles defense gets 'physical' this year! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Someone better buy an eagle and bring it to the game this season 

Is that RTK?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Someone better buy an eagle and bring it to the game this season 

Probably an emotional support pet

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Probably an emotional support pet

Maybe the cat is just a big hurts fan 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

laughing-laugh.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

For all those who say we didn't change the entire offense and took the ball out of Hurts hands....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

For all those who say we didn't change the entire offense and took the ball out of Hurts hands....

Well you're half right; he still led the Eagles in carries and yards .... 

• Haha 1