Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Interesting.  4-3.  I think this defense is going to be up and down this year, not because it doesn’t have good players, because it does.  It’s just it doesn’t have the right parts for a 4-3 or a 3-4.  

I have a feeling Gannon is going to try to galaxy brain this defense and it's not going to work

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

There are many levels of failure. Geno can be terrible and still outperform the other two.

And Jones immobile meant he’s not swapping TD passes for TD runs

No.  Immobile means he’s not mobile.  Which is incorrect.  Geno can outperform the other two.  But not by a large margin. Which is what you alluded to.  

7 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Daniel Jones is an immobile QB who has 22 TD passes in his last 25 games. That’s… statistically impossible

This is inaccurate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Backlash because they put in the contract that he is required a specific number of hours of independent study?   It is more ridiculous that they felt that was required... and if your QB requires that, then they likely don't deserve that contract.  Cardinals doing Cardinals things.   Such a dumb franchise... 

You can thank Call or Duty for that.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can thank Call or Duty for that.  

Nah, if it wasn't that, it would be something else.  That's his make-up, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This is inaccurate.

In specific reference to his decision making in running for TDs to compensate for his low passing TD metric. 

• Confused 1

Practice has been over an hour already and there are barely any tweets. No idea what they are doing.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Immobile means he’s not mobile.  Which is incorrect.  Geno can outperform the other two.  But not by a large margin. Which is what you alluded to.  

Not alluding to a large margin at all. But am Alluding to him being clearly better, which you dont dispute. 

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah, if it wasn't that, it would be something else.  That's his make-up, apparently.

But that’s what it is.  He’s a victim. 

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not alluding to a large margin at all. But am Alluding to him being clearly better, which you dont dispute. 

No.  I do dispute.  He’s not clearly better.  

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I remember people using Kelce not playing as an excuse for why Hurts didn't play last preseason -- so, scratch Hurts from Friday's game (as though he wasn't scratched already)

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  I do dispute.  He’s not clearly better.  

Which one do you feel you have a better chance of winning with?

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Generally your WR1 should get the most targets, but if Hurts is truly locking in on him as his first read to an excessive extent we'll see his INT numbers climb this season.  Defenses will be smart enough to bait him.

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But that’s what it is.  He’s a victim. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bzzkyhcjozd4wxgz5lb7

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts got 'Bradyied'

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

BLG?   Did I miss something?  When was that Graham's moniker, or is this a Freudian slip by "BLG"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

BLG?   Did I miss something?  When was that Graham's moniker, or is this a Freudian slip by "BLG"?

Brandon Grahams middle name is also Lee so BLG calls him BLG

Someone explain how practice can be over and there was 0 tweets about any Hurts passes. They have to be practicing the most boring offense ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Brandon Grahams middle name is also Lee so BLG calls him BLG

Ah... I did miss that.  Never seen BLG before for Graham.  And, I have to say... I don't like it.

• Haha 1

All right @4for4EaglesNest let's piece together an avatar bet for this year.  I think Hurts is the best target here since I'm in the "I think he'll improve as a passer but not quite enough to cement himself as a QB of the future" camp where's you seem to think he'll continue to suck.  Plus it's the least boring bet topic. 

So looking at last year starting QB stats I looked for what would have place him around the middle of the pack as a passer: 3700 passing yards, 65.5% completion percentage, and TD:INT of 2.4.

Hurts hits at least 2/3 of those marks I win.  If not you win. Avatar control for the entire off-season.  Deal?

29 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Which one do you feel you have a better chance of winning with?

Short or long term? Because that’s what it’s really about.  Zach Wilson.