Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, we've all seen this one before

That sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if the Jets look at Dillard, although it seems like they were planning to use Becton at RT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any injury involving the knee cap sounds horrific. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

Nick "since we wanted to run last practice...." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If you want too I’d make a bet that 1 of those 2 ny teams will finish with a better record than the Seahawks. If they have the same record it’s a push. 

Hmm….

Either team gets more than Seattle and you win outright? Sounds fun, but a little too loaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Any injury involving the knee cap sounds horrific. 

I've fully  dislocated my knee cap 6 times, not fun...

Never fractured it though, then again I don't weigh over 350 pounds and make a living pushing other 300 men around.🤷‍♂️

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

I’d deal Dillard for Bryce Huff & a 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s older news
Madden isn’t perfect but I don’t remember anyone talking about Howell’s arm strength even being close to Rodgers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lornemalvo4133 said:

Wonder if the Jets look at Dillard, although it seems like they were planning to use Becton at RT. 

Fant could always move to RT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I realize it is kind of frowned on to make a post here that doesn't disparage the team's starting quarterback or insult another poster, but I figure I'll give it a shot and dip a toe in the water regarding the construction of the Eagles 53 man roster. My premise at the moment is that the Eagles will use more roster spots on defensive players than they will on offense simply because they have more depth there. With three roster spots already accounted for with the longsnapper, kicker, and punter, that leaves fifty to use for the offensive and defensive players. The general rule of thumb is to go with 25 for both offense and defense. But I think it'll be at least 26-24 for defense, and perhaps 27-23. 

Too cerebral for one poster that always seems confused nowadays but otherwise a lot of likes.

Good stuff, Franklin. As one of the better Special Teams pillars, I am curious how special teams play comes into play for you with positions like DB, LB, WR, TE and even OL.  You mentioned STs in considering Chachere.  (Second most ST snaps last year and seems to be playing well at S in TC).I think that comes into play with the third S as well.  I confess, I don’t know much about Tartt’s play on STs.  Both Vincent and apparently Scott offer some S versatility. Both can play nickel and outside.  I think it is a tossup between them.  Scott got the snaps on STs last year.  I noted a bit of a surprise on the PS depth chart posted the other day in that Jobe was listed above Gowan.  Whoever sticks needs to be able to play STs.  McPhearson led the team with ST snaps.  Vincent’s speed is attractive at gunner.  Curious about how they feel about size.  

Stoll played up back on KOR and he and JJAW were amongst the leaders in STs snaps from offense.  Huntley may be a great KOR but 4th RB is seldom active.  If Calcaterra isn’t ready for the season, might JJAW make it as a third TE?  (At least until Jackson is ready to go.) I doubt they go with 2.  

I think Covey making it at 5 as a WR is damaged by Reagor as the #4.  I think he makes it to the PS.  I would go with Pascal, who plays well on STs and could replace JJAW’s snaps.  

At LB, Bradley is a solid ST player  (Third most snaps).  Some LB has to stand up and take Singleton’s snaps and performance on STs. (He actually scored well on STs). Dean?  Is this the year Taylor plays STs?  I have been disappointed by his lack of ST snaps. (Heck, Jacoby Stevens got more ST snaps last year.). I wonder if the lack of ST snaps is impacting his future. Patrick Johnson played well and a lot on STs.  He did seem to get into Gannon’s doghouse although I wonder if that reflected overall disappointment by Gannon at SAM.  Kyron Johnson has to beat out Patrick Johnson on STs.  

Now, I don’t watch the lines that much on STs.  I will leave commentary there for folks like you or @justrelax  I did note from defense that Tarron Jackson showed up on coverage teams. Ridgeway was playing ST snaps more than I thought although I can’t remember him doing so.   

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

It’s older news
Madden isn’t perfect but I don’t remember anyone talking about Howell’s arm strength even being close to Rodgers.  

There were a lot of questions about Deshaun Watson's arm strength coming out in the draft, and his combine numbers were one of the worst in the last 15 years.  Having him on a top 10 list of "throw power" is laughable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Too cerebral for one poster that always seems confused nowadays but otherwise a lot of likes.

Good stuff, Franklin. As one of the better Special Teams pillars, I am curious how special teams play comes into play for you with positions like DB, LB, WR, TE and even OL.  You mentioned STs in considering Chachere.  (Second most ST snaps last year and seems to be playing well at S in TC).I think that comes into play with the third S as well.  I confess, I don’t know much about Tartt’s play on STs.  Both Vincent and apparently Scott offer some S versatility. Both can play nickel and outside.  I think it is a tossup between them.  Scott got the snaps on STs last year.  I noted a bit of a surprise on the PS depth chart posted the other day in that Jobe was listed above Gowan.  Whoever sticks needs to be able to play STs.  McPhearson led the team with ST snaps.  Vincent’s speed is attractive at gunner.  Curious about how they feel about size.  

Stoll played up back on KOR and he and JJAW were amongst the leaders in STs snaps from offense.  Huntley may be a great KOR but 4th RB is seldom active.  If Calcaterra isn’t ready for the season, might JJAW make it as a third TE?  (At least until Jackson is ready to go.) I doubt they go with 2.  

I think Covey making it at 5 as a WR is damaged by Reagor as the #4.  I think he makes it to the PS.  I would go with Pascal, who plays well on STs and could replace JJAW’s snaps.  

At LB, Bradley is a solid ST player  (Third most snaps).  Some LB has to stand up and take Singleton’s snaps and performance on STs. (He actually scored well on STs). Dean?  Is this the year Taylor plays STs?  I have been disappointed by his lack of ST snaps. (Heck, Jacoby Stevens got more ST snaps last year.). I wonder if the lack of ST snaps is impacting his future. Patrick Johnson played well and a lot on STs.  He did seem to get into Gannon’s doghouse although I wonder if that reflected overall disappointment by Gannon at SAM.  Kyron Johnson has to beat out Patrick Johnson on STs.  

Now, I don’t watch the lines that much on STs.  I will leave commentary there for folks like you or @justrelax  I did note from defense that Tarron Jackson showed up on coverage teams. Ridgeway was playing ST snaps more than I thought although I can’t remember him doing so.   

You’re so easy.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lornemalvo4133 said:

Wonder if the Jets look at Dillard, although it seems like they were planning to use Becton at RT. 

They have had conversations with Duane Brown, they will sign him before trading for Dillard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt Eagles could get Smith in a deal involving Dillard, but Bears OL is pretty terrible. Still think if he's traded it'll be for a pick by a team that values LB highly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillard for Zach Wilson

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we keep a backup LT in case something happens XD I mean we were down to our fifth tackle last practice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Can we keep a backup LT in case something happens XD I mean we were down to our fifth tackle last practice 

Where we're running we don't need no stinking left tackles 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

 

Meyer was probably nice enough to leave him his number in case he needed some moral/ethical guidance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard that Lawrence has looked significantly better than he did last season. Throwing motion is tight and consistent. His pre-game workout at the HOF game was supposed to be excellent, where as last year he was very spotty in pre-game throwing sessions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I've heard that Lawrence has looked significantly better than he did last season. Throwing motion is tight and consistent. His pre-game workout at the HOF game was supposed to be excellent, where as last year he was very spotty in pre-game throwing sessions.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea554bb3d2f89b60e7ce51a5fcb4a76.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Hmm….

Either team gets more than Seattle and you win outright? Sounds fun, but a little too loaded

I think one of them definitely will get more wins than seattle. I think the jets wind up with the same and likely a push tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...