Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the WR position. 

My prediction: 

Locks: Brown, Smith, Watkins 

Makes final 53: Paschal, Covey

Released: Ward, Hightower 

Traded: Reagor 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Cowpads can’t find a kicker.  

19 minutes ago, devpool said:

One of my favorite eagles, that dude brought it all the time and he was damn good

Yup it’s why i made the trade for it. One of my favorites plus has the 75th anniversary patch. Had a Baker 1982 jersey. My friend who is collecting the entire 1981-84 olines. The last guy he needed was the baker. Wound up trading me the Cole and an 82 Stapleton jersey for it. Hard to find Trent cole jerseys and particularly that patch. I know another guy who has a white cole but he’s selling for $1500

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, we've all seen this one before

I posted about Kelce getting injured about a month ago when either Zangaro or Reuben Frank in their roster projections said Cam Jurgens wouldn't play a single snap because Kelce never misses any time.  Called the jinx.

Eagles moved practice tomorrow from 10 to 9AM because practicing in a high of 81 is too hot. 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Got this Trent cole Game used jersey in the mail today. Against the redskins back in 07 

F325DD09-B094-43DE-9F40-25DE71813F56.thumb.jpeg.42000b64bcf3a5585e8fecbdd2cba6e5.jpeg511C0300-7A84-4DD6-88A2-E840B54752E3.thumb.jpeg.2de7496ebd7c970ac9f0e1d80b8ca7aa.jpeg

Nice.  We're due a Trent Cole late round gem draft pick.  I guess Mailata is but I want more. 

43 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's training camp and target distribution doesn't matter at all right now but that doesn't mean just shove our heads in the sand and act like if this happening during the course of the regular season it's fine and doesn't make an already limited offense easier to defend. 

Hurts isn't Rodgers or Stafford. They get the benefit of the doubt because they can make it work. Hurts doesn't have the benefit of the doubt.

Any criticism and the response is that it's just practice. I expect the next (if he plays) will be it's just preseason

After that it'll be it's just week 1 and so on

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles moved practice tomorrow from 10 to 9AM because practicing in a high of 81 is too hot. 

I long for the days when it’s 81. It’s been 100+ here since like May.

16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the WR position. 

My prediction: 

Locks: Brown, Smith, Watkins 

Makes final 53: Paschal, Covey

Released: Ward, Hightower 

Traded: Reagor 

I know there were a good amount of posters on here that had high hopes for hightower when he was drafted, and as a rookie he got a fair amount of chances 

Personally I liked Quez more in that draft and thought eagles had missed out when they took hightower Instead but was glad when they got Quez next round.

Would have been great if all 3 WRs from that draft worked out and had hightower worked out he has that ability to threaten defenses deep but he just doesn't play through contact before during or after the catch. Oh well🤷‍♂️

Hopefully eagles can get something for reagor, I can't see Howie throwing in the towel yet and if that's the case hopefully reagor can make the most of those 3 opportunities Sirianni says he needs to be ready for.

I think Watkins can be really good but his stats won't reflect it not from any fault of his own but because hurts won't be able to get him the ball and with the addition of brown the opportunities for hurts to not get him the ball will be decreased.

Covey we'll see, I know the talk has been about him as a Return guy and I think he can offer more, he was a pretty nifty WR are Utah when healthy, I think in today's NFL his lack of size won't hamper him as much as it would say 10 years ago. 

I could see him being used as a returner and gadget player who gets a few snaps on offense a game.

How are the Eagles going to get ready for a dome game in week 1 and a night game in week 2 if they keep moving up practices to avoid the heat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's training camp and target distribution doesn't matter at all right now but that doesn't mean just shove our heads in the sand and act like if this happening during the course of the regular season it's fine and doesn't make an already limited offense easier to defend. 

Hurts isn't Rodgers or Stafford. They get the benefit of the doubt because they can make it work. Hurts doesn't have the benefit of the doubt.

My expectation is Smith has similar numbers as last year, probably over 1,000 yards this year.   I expect Brown will have similar numbers.  Quez was improving in his route running as the season went on and I hope he takes that next step.  If Reagor is really having a good camp as suggested by the beats, I expect he and Quez both see time in the slot but that the Eagles are able to interchange the first four WRs.  I expect Pascal to contribute and his number may depend on whether Brown, Quez and Reagor can block.  Drops will be an issue as only Smith rarely drops makeable catches.  Goedert and some other TE will get some catches and I expect more check downs to RB this year.  I pray we see more use of motion.  Shane and Nick make the calls so they will determine the distribution. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How are the Eagles going to get ready for a dome game in week 1 and a night game in week 2 if they keep moving up practices to avoid the heat?

Wasn't this to avoid injuries even though they were still hit by a bunch?

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

There were a lot of questions about Deshaun Watson's arm strength coming out in the draft, and his combine numbers were one of the worst in the last 15 years.  Having him on a top 10 list of "throw power" is laughable.

I saw him near the top on another list for strongest arms a few years ago, he hit what 49mph at the Combine? Same as Lamar.
 They’re sleeping on Lance, but they may consider his compact throwing motion to short to generate velocity, which they’d be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

yup but here's the thing we all know...injuries are inevitable and unpredictable.  Best way to prepare is to do the best strength training/nutrition program you can in the off-season to get your body for the NFL season.  Going light in TC isn't the answer.

Now the Eagles are just not practicing as much and they are still getting hurt.  GREAT.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

yup but here's the thing we all know...injuries are inevitable and unpredictable.  Best way to prepare is to do the best strength training/nutrition program you can in the off-season to get your body for the NFL season.  Going light in TC isn't the answer.

Now the Eagles are just not practicing as much and they are still getting hurt.  GREAT.

The Eagles have a staff whose entire job is about player health and safety. The light workload worked well injuries-wise last year. Maybe we should cut them some slack and see how it plays out. 

• Haha 1

Going for the full year

• Like 3

So what exactly is the problem with moving the start of tomorrow's practice up one hour? Does it affect any of us? Or do we just complain for the sake of complaining?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Going for the full year

He'll be 28 the next time he plays and will be out for 2 years. Damn

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So what exactly is the problem with moving the start of tomorrow's practice up one hour? Does it affect any of us? Or do we just complain for the sake of complaining?

You call this a complaint? Because I'm the only person who said anything about it. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's just a humorous observation . Not everything needs to be taken so serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Last season the Eagles were one of least injured teams, but in 2020 with really no offseason to speak of, the Eagles were their normally injured selves.  The Chiefs were one of the least injured teams in 2021 as well, maybe Andy went soft in the offseason, or it’s not something that can be controlled.  The NFL though has done a good job with concussions since 2015, and even MCL tears, but ACL tears have gotten worse, but I guess if the Ravens are removed from 2021, it’s probably an average season.    

FBBEB78E-19FA-4F55-8017-C1E96065305F.jpeg

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You call this a complaint? Because I'm the only person who said anything about it. 

It's just a humorous observation . Not everything needs to be taken so serious.

Wasn’t there a discussion a few days back too?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Blackfish said:

Last season the Eagles were one of least injured teams, but in 2020 with really no offseason to speak of, the Eagles were their normally injured selves.  The NFL has done a good job with concussions since 2015, and even MCL tears, but ACL tears have gotten worse.

FBBEB78E-19FA-4F55-8017-C1E96065305F.jpeg

Hopefully 2021 wasn't an outlier because it was seriously annoying seeing players get injured constantly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wasn’t there a discussion a few days back too?

I don't recall anyone "complaining" either this morning when it happened or last week. There was a side tangent of people knocking on Bacarty because he brought up Smith was probably skipping practice because of the heat index and not a real injury. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dare I Say Soft GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't recall anyone "complaining" either this morning when it happened or last week. There was a side tangent of people knocking on Bacarty because he brought up Smith was probably skipping practice because of the heat index and not a real injury. 

Yeah, maybe I’m not remembering correctly. No biggie. I know you’re here to get some jokes off. 

• Confused 1