Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

5 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

I long for the days when it’s 81. It’s been 100+ here since like May.

Same. Beginning of April to end of October is basically 90+ everyday, until it hits winter and we dip to a cool 84

• Like 1

Hard Knocks has been boring the past few years, but these Lions are pretty fun. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Hard Knocks has been boring the past few years, but these Lions are pretty fun. 

Good to know. Gonna watch tomorrow 

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Going for the full year

I don’t understand. I thought the last CBA basically made Goodell judge, jury, and executioner. What was the purpose of bringing in that person who ruled it a 6 game suspension. Just give him a year and be done with it so we can move on. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I wish this was like Arizona or somewhere. Austin gets some pretty bad humidity.

Nah. Lived there off and on for 22 years. Now I spent a summer in College Station, that was f---g miserable.

I might retire to the hill country, trying to choose between San Marcos and Albuquerque - Austin is too crowded and too expensive - the Austin I loved died two decades ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t understand. I thought the last CBA basically made Goodell judge, jury, and executioner. What was the purpose of bringing in that person who ruled it a 6 game suspension. Just give him a year and be done with it so we can move on. 

It’s just the process of it all to make the end result look better. 

Since a lot of throws to Brown are going to be slants, it's important for them to work on timing, because those tend to be bang bang plays where the ball has to be just in front of the WR so he can snatch it without breaking stride.

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Nah. Lived there off and on for 22 years. Now I spent a summer in College Station, that was f---g miserable.

I might retire to the hill country, trying to choose between San Marcos and Albuquerque - Austin is too crowded and too expensive - the Austin I loved died two decades ago.

Yeah I’ll probably make my way to Dripping/Bee Cave/Spicewood when the market slows down. Sometimes I do zoom pretty far out on Zillow just to see what’s out there in other states I like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

I wish this was like Arizona or somewhere. Austin gets some pretty bad humidity.

I love living in Arizona 9 months out of the year. The summer when it hits 110-115 for 1.5 months straight is brutal. Then we have the monsoons which are nice but they hit for like 26 out of 30 days. And people forget how to drive or get freaked out by water. But the other 9 months are fantastic cause the weather is great. but they bring Rita’s out here and some tastykakes. I’m hoping for a Wawa at some point Lol 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, austinfan said:

In process of selling a house on Canyon Lake. Grew up in Texas but not going back. Too hot and too many backwards thinking folk for my taste. My sister lived in Bryan for,twenty some od years.  Retired to the land of Chip Roy.  You really want that?  My nuclear family was all there in Texas but as all have passed, no thank you, I’m not going back. Now living in the land of the traitor, Scott Perry, isn’t ideal but at least no mosquitos or burrs.  Fetterman seems a legit libertarian rebel.  Think I will stick with PA.  

The Austin I loved died before it was truly born with Sissy’s loss and Molly’s death. Jerry Jeff, Waylon, Guy Clark, Towns Van Zandt all gone and Willie pulling stakes. No place for a Cosmic Cowboy anymore as silicon rules now.  Albuquerque is dying too.  Maybe Taos?  

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Watson should open the bidding by offering to accept the six week suspension.   Suspect that offer is on the table.  

The union already bravely and nobly spouted they would accept whatever the judge’s ruling was, when they knew damn well the ruling would be 6 games.  The NFL wouldn’t have bothered with any appeal if 6 weeks was tolerable.

The offer on the table was 12 games and $10M.  Goodell (through his designate) will rule at the entire 2022 season and if Watson is smart he’ll settle at 12 games.

If Watson was smart, however, he’d be starting Week 1 without the need to pay off 20+ Instagram masseuses 

• Like 1

As funny as this was, Duce then fined some players for farting in the RB room, he lost me on that one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Since a lot of throws to Brown are going to be slants, it's important for them to work on timing, because those tend to be bang bang plays where the ball has to be just in front of the WR so he can snatch it without breaking stride.

Yes, important to work on timing.  To bad Hurts keeps running during 7v7

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

In process of selling a house on Canyon Lake. Grew up in Texas but not going back. Too hot and too many backwards thinking folk for my taste. My sister lived in Bryan for,twenty some od years.  Retired to the land of Chip Roy.  You really want that?  My nuclear family was all there in Texas but as all have passed, no thank you, I’m not going back. Now living in the land of the traitor, Scott Perry, isn’t ideal but at least no mosquitos or burrs.  Fetterman seems a legit libertarian rebel.  Think I will stick with PA.  

The Austin I loved died before it was truly born with Sissy’s loss and Molly’s death. Jerry Jeff, Waylon, Guy Clark, Towns Van Zandt all gone and Willie pulling stakes. No place for a Cosmic Cowboy anymore as silicon rules now.  Albuquerque is dying too.  Maybe Taos?  

San Marcos is the bluest city in Texas and affordable (well, relative to Austin), and right off the Hill country, basically a two industry town, Texas State and outlet malls. Cheatham street warehouse.

Albuquerque is also blue, crime is a little high, but not relative to Philly, climate is great and it's basically U of New Mexico, Sandia Labs and Los Alamos commuters - so highly educated city. Beautiful country, only an hour from Sante Fe - Sante Fe, Taos, are out of my price range.

Personal reasons, my wife's health dictates living in a warm climate and finding a one story Ranch house. Forget Florida, to me that's the ultimate nightmare.

Texas Mex v New Mexico Mex. Can't go wrong!

Torchy's tacos over Taco Bell any day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, DeathByEagle said:

A shame your not staying for week 2 and going to the Eagles home opener on Mon night. 

I know! I wish I was. I'm desperate to go to an Eagles game one day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

As funny as this was, Duce then fined some players for farting in the RB room, he lost me on that one.  

That’s all for TV; he probably didn’t even do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

@hputenis and I would be broke real quick 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes, important to work on timing.  To bad Hurts keeps running during 7v7

I only see you guys saying this. 

This doesn't look like 7v7 to me:

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

What was last year? Was that the Texans telling him to go away?

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I only see you guys saying this. 

This doesn't look like 7v7 to me:

I guess it's easy to ignore if you just stick your head in the sand. There's been reports out of almost every practice that he runs in 7v7 and 11v11 drills.

He shouldn't be running at all, unless it's a designed play (which would also be dumb, as the D can't hit him)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I guess it's easy to ignore if you just stick your head in the sand. There's been reports out of almost every practice that he runs in 7v7 and 11v11 drills.

He shouldn't be running at all, unless it's a designed play (which would also be dumb, as the D can't hit him)

They are designed when they are read option, like seen in the tweet I posted. Whether you like it or not, the offense has to practice those plays (runs) and the defense needs to practice against them as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

he ran 4 times on one drive alone during 11v11 alone during the open fan practice.  

We know he can run the ball, it's the one thing he's good at.  No need to do it in practice.  

• Like 1

Just now, brkmsn said:

They are designed when they are read option, like seen in the tweet I posted. Whether you like it or not, the offense has to practice those plays (runs) and the defense needs to practice against them as well. 

No, he's been running on actual pass plays. One notable play was a red zone play, where he was determined to be "sacked" for holding the ball too long, but ran anyway, into the endzone, and threw the ball into the stands to celebrate. He's a jackass. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

I grew up in Utah and stepping out in the summer is like opening a blast furnace, where as I live in KS now and some days it's like walking into a sauna where one feels like they're drinking the air.

I thought I preferred the dry heat , went back this summer and I  felt crispy.

I think I prefer the humidity.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

No need to do it in practice.  

lol

Practice isn't about 1 player.